Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only person who wishes The Undertaker does not return on or before Wrestlemania? Why do I say this? Well first up I would like to clear up that Undertaker is one of my favorite superstars and have nothing against him or his streak.
The main reason is that I would like WWE to not pressure him into going into Wrestlemania so quickly while still resting from his surgery. No doubt I would love him to return at Wrestlemania and face whoever it may be weither its Wade Barrett, Sting, or Triple H. But I am looking in the longer picture of things. If Undertaker does return earlier than expected, he will no doubt injure himself once again. And as a big fan of his, I would rather see him recuperate for a longer peroid of time, return, and have one last long run in the WWE rather than have him return just for the sake of Wrestlemania and for the rest of the year having problems and injuries.
I know Wrestlemania is the biggest event in the wrestling industry but I really say this for his sake as far as his body is concerned and our entertainment from him in the coming year.

Your thoughts on this....

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who wishes Undertaker does not return on or before Wrestlemania

Honestly, I'm completely over Taker at this point. He's one of my favourites of all time, but I don't care anymore. If he shows up, whatever. If he doesn't show up, whatever. The only thing that needs to be avoided is wasting Wade Barrett by throwing a meaningless Streak match at him.

·
Captain Cally
1,674 Posts
Re: Am I the only one who wishes Undertaker does not return on or before Wrestlemania

Honestly, I'm completely over Taker at this point. I don't care anymore. If he shows up, whatever. If he doesn't show up, whatever.
I agree with this. Just retire already now it is just embarrassing seeing him trying to keep coming back only for him to get injured three-four months later.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts

personally im just really tired of WWE making such a big deal about his returns. Yea i understand hes a big part of your company but when your making a return 3 or 4 times a year it shouldnt be that big of a deal

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts

Honestly, I'm completely over Taker at this point. He's one of my favourites of all time, but I don't care anymore. If he shows up, whatever. If he doesn't show up, whatever. The only thing that needs to be avoided is wasting Wade Barrett by throwing a meaningless Streak match at him.
fpalm For somebody who spends SO much time talking about and following wrestling you would think that you would know a little something about it by now.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts

fpalm For somebody who spends SO much time talking about and following wrestling you would think that you would know a little something about it by now.
I do know something about it. I know that a Streak match will do NOTHING for him. He's already a giant heel, it's not going to boost his status whatsoever. The only thing that can solidify his status further at this point is a world title, not jobbing to Undertaker.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Am I the only person who wishes The Undertaker does not return on or before Wrestlemania? Why do I say this? Well first up I would like to clear up that Undertaker is one of my favorite superstars and have nothing against him or his streak.
The main reason is that I would like WWE to not pressure him into going into Wrestlemania so quickly while still resting from his surgery. No doubt I would love him to return at Wrestlemania and face whoever it may be weither its Wade Barrett, Sting, or Triple H. But I am looking in the longer picture of things. If Undertaker does return earlier than expected, he will no doubt injure himself once again. And as a big fan of his, I would rather see him recuperate for a longer peroid of time, return, and have one last long run in the WWE rather than have him return just for the sake of Wrestlemania and for the rest of the year having problems and injuries.
I know Wrestlemania is the biggest event in the wrestling industry but I really say this for his sake as far as his body is concerned and our entertainment from him in the coming year.

Your thoughts on this....
Yes you are.. How dare you?? Undertaker should choke you in your sleep.

Honestly tho I dont really care. The only good match he could have is against HHH with HBK as ref.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

You aren't, but we both understand why it must happen.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Yes you are.. How dare you?? Undertaker should choke you in your sleep.
Honestly tho I dont really care. The only good match he could have is against HHH with HBK as ref.
You are joking right Lol? Because if you wern't then you must of not understood my topic.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts

I'm not high on him these days but he adds to the Mania-feel by being there. Next year should be his last though.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts

Many of u on here says that he should be gone a long time ago. 10 Years from now, when the youthmovement hasn't hit a homerun and it's wrestlemania time, yall would kill for a Taker match at Mania...

Embrace the legends why they are still here, and people get injured in this line of work. Some more then others. Doesn't mean they nesseserily has to hang em up.

Still though, hope The Rock and Taker has a little bit of a staredown at Mania. That would bring back some good old memories

·
Registered
560 Posts

The only thing the Undertaker has going for him his WM and the streak. Ya lets have him recover from injury longer so hes fully healed and can come back @ the money in the bank PPV. Thats what the fans want to see

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

If he's already healthy enough to perform, i don't see the reason why he shouldn't return. The streak match is always going to be one of the main attractions of WM and i certainly want to see one this year. I hope his opponent will be Barrett if he does return. I'm not interested on Taker/HHH match in the slightest to be honest, it just sounds dated to me.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Many of u on here says that he should be gone a long time ago. 10 Years from now, when the youthmovement hasn't hit a homerun and it's wrestlemania time, yall would kill for a Taker match at Mania...

Embrace the legends why they are still here, and people get injured in this line of work. Some more then others. Doesn't mean they nesseserily has to hang em up.

Still though, hope The Rock and Taker has a little bit of a staredown at Mania. That would bring back some good old memories

Crap quality but you get my drift Lol.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

I'd rather he stay away from the ring longer then try and come back less than 100%.

·
Really?
184 Posts

No, I do not "wish" he doesn't return for WrestleMania, and after the last 2 matches he has been involved in at Mania I'm really quite shocked that the majority of the response has been "I don't care, they're making a big deal about him returning". Taker being there, for me, adds to the feel of the event, it just wouldn't be WrestleMania without him.

His matches are always absolutely top drawer, and of course there is the whole "who will be his opponent this time?". Especially given that this year there is a possibility of Sting being his opponent. I'm intrigued by his return, I want to see what relevance these promos have and what's in store for the Deadman this time round.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

Speaking as a wrestling fan who feels that WrestleMania; just isn't WrestleMania without The Undertaker defending his streak while he's still around: I would love for The Undertaker to sqeeze in 19-0 before the end.

However saying this I do understand that this is destroying the man known as Mark Calloway.

We don't know if he's doing this because of pride, pressure from WWE or if he loves what he does. People assume one of these things because they think they know everything about Mark Calloway being at WrestleMania or not, which obviously none of us do.

I would be thrilled if there is an Undertaker match at WrestleMania.If Mark Calloway decides not to wrestle - I will not think any less of him.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

it wouldn't be WM without Undertaker but at this point i don't care to see anybody go against em.

I hope they have a match plan that's on par with the last few years'.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts