Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That this is the first time in 3 years TNA hasn't held a "Feast or Fired" match at the December PPV. I'm probably one of the only ones who actually enjoyed all 3 FoF matches, even tough its pretty much ripping off the WWE's Money in the Bank match

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Id like to say theres no-one to fire this year. But truth is you could hold that match and the entire crowd would hope every briefcase said fired.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They didn't have a King of the Mountain match either. Fucking Hogan and Bischoff, nobody wants WCW 2.0!
As for Feast or Fired, I'm surprised. It uses poles, Russo has to like it! Then again, I guess it didn't happen since Lockbox bombed.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
I liked the feast part, but the fired part was stupid. Having a MITB for the tag team and x-division championships was a good idea. Who cares that they stole from the WWE? you could say the HIAC PPV is a rip-off of Lockdown, everyone steals ideas from everyone nowadays, it was always entertaining and set up feuds well. The fired bit made the match silly though, they should just have three MITB matches one each for the World Heavyweight, Tag Team and X division championships.

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Feast or Fired was just another lame ass Russo idea that made zero sense!

Also how many times has management completely forgotten who they gave the cases to?

"Oh shit Kevin Nash you got the tag titles, you're on go go go go, let's give em a SWERVE!"

I liked the feast part, but the fired part was stupid. Having a MITB for the tag team and x-division championships was a good idea. Who cares that they stole from the WWE? you could say the HIAC PPV is a rip-off of Lockdown, everyone steals ideas from everyone nowadays, it was always entertaining and set up feuds well. The fired bit made the match silly though, they should just have three MITB matches one each for the World Heavyweight, Tag Team and X division championships.
Okay dude, that argument was so 11 months ago.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
They could have done with one of those matches tonight, to save a few extra $$$ in the account. Plus, I've never actually seen on of those matches, so it'd be interesting to watch one live and not have it spoilt.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
I thought they didn't do it last year. Guns got a shot last year though, didn't they? And Hernandez?

I thought it was a decent enough idea.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
They should book this match for the last Impact in 2010 and try to make a big f'n deal out of it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
They should book this match for the last Impact in 2010 and try to make a big f'n deal out of it.
If they do it, this is a good idea. Have it built up to where every competitor could have the opportunity to become champion and have everyone qualify for the match.

The concept was really stupid to me because there was little reward for so much risk. First off, I don't think any winner of the Heavyweight title case has ever won the title. I'd actually rather they did it WWE-style and made the case a "redeem any time for a title match" situation and winners of the cases actually have a higher win to loss ratio (I think only three or four cases were redeemed successfully). I mean Hernandez had the case and decided to redeem it during a fatal fourway match(I think it was KOTM)? Why not wait until after? He didn't make it into the match as Eric Young took him out, if I remember correctly.

The "fired" part makes it also equally pointless to join. If I am a heavyweight, why would I put my career on the line for a chance at the world title when I could realistically get another chance down the road that doesn't involve possibly being fired?

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
That gimmick is the worst thing ever and make TNA look so cheap and tacky an bushleague.TNA are wise for not using it this year as well as the turkey bowl and the other dumb stuff they used to do before Hogan and Eric came in and fixed TNA... we still got the turkey graphics on screen on the Thanksgiving show though (n)

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
It's retarded, just like the Lockbox match. I'm surprised TNA didn't get more shit for the Lockbox match, what a stupid ass idea.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Yeah I noticed, and I'm glad! Glad Glad Glad! (wonder if I'm glad?)

Feast or Fired was SOOOOOOOOO stupid. I've said it a 100 times on these forums, but its definitely the worst gimmick match TNA has ever done (except for the Luck of the Irish match from 2004, that was slightly worse).

If King of the Mountain got the ax, I'm not surprised at all that this got cut.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
while a horrible idea on paper it could be rather remarkable with some tweaking like

less competitors, with only like 5 or 8 or whatnot
only the lowercard deadenders will compete, sort of like a last chance to get your s*** together before becoming a total loser and being let go due to the bad track record, or the best midcarders given a chance to ride the express to the top
the pink slip gets replaced with a tv title shot,
all those that dont walk away with a case will be fired
when the match ends all of the cases are opened, setting up the next ppv or tv special

the novelty is still rather silly though i must admit

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
to answer your question, yes

i dont think anyone else noticed, this is a testament how it may have been d.o.a all along

1 - 19 of 19 Posts