Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like his look and that he's got something like a 90's gimick. Am I the only that thinks that way?

·
Best In The World
4,752 Posts
i think so mate but each to their own

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I reckon you're alone in that one. Apparently (for what the dirt sheets are worth) WWE is realizing what a flop Tensai is. Too bad they didn't notice before they put him over their two top guys.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
yeah I'm not a fan, sorry bro

·
Banned
852 Posts
I like Tensai. His gimmick is overdone to the point of cheese, but aside from the horrible corner headbutts, his in-ring work is a lot better than people give him credit for.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
No, he's one of my favourite wrestlers. I liked him in New Japan aswell.

It's just ignorant people who don't know how good he really is, that doesn't appreciate him. When he has THAT match in WWE, they'll all be on the bandwagon. So I don't care. It's true.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
The costume and makeup could have been better. I liked the rope and helmet, but it was too close to shredder. The " tattoo" is badly done, and is usually gone at the end of the match. The gimmick could have worked, but to have Albert doing promos only in japanese is really stupid. I dont mind his ringwork, all though they might do themself some good by explaining some things, in stead of having a "lol what" attitude. I absolutly hate the booking. I dont mind the cheap wins, but having a dominant wrestler coming in as Johnny Ace's monster, was bad thinking.

If they want to salvage him, then use him in a sensei role. Use him as a kayfabe trainer of talent. He could also be a springboard for some awsome talents from japan. If they could turn him into a tweener, with a Ghost Dog gimmick, then he would cool, but it requires a lot. It specifiq requires WWE's use of asian wrestlers to be compleatly revamp. They are stuck in a racist xenofobia mindset, which hurts the product.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I've got to admit I like him too, he's just different; good in the ring, actually has a character and looks legit
He is also the perfect character to be big Johnny's bodyguard and it's a shame he is being repackaged

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I like him but I liked Albert and A-Train too. I've always thought he was pretty good in the ring but like I said somewhere else, some you win, some you lose. Looks like they lost this one.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I gave him a chance and didn't mind him when he debuted. His gimmick was pretty awesome and I did think that he'd get over as a monster heel.

But it's hard to say that he hasn't flopped in this run. It's painful to watch him now when he comes out to pretty much silence and then has a match in that silence. The repackaging they're reportedly planning for him could help though. But if they continue super pushing him as he is and he continues to get zero reaction from the crowd, he will become really unbearable.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Bad finisher (I'm still up for the Bernard bomb, an impactful move that a monster heel needs), no direction and some minor issues with the gimmick itself.

He is O.K., people have been overly critical.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Adam Wells sums it up nicely:

It all starts and ends with Vince McMahon. He knew what Tensai was even before bringing him back, and there was no way McMahon would let him work the way he did in Japan, so of course he was going to be a bust with the fans.

Tensai did nothing wrong. He came in and worked the way WWE told him to. He is better than what he has shown, but he was given a bad gimmick and portrayed as a monster that he isn't. At least he got a good contract for all his troubles.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's not him as a person it's just a bad gimmick. Give me Albert anyday of the week over Tensai. They should've just brought him back as Matt Bloom and let him make a name for himself.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I dig Tensai and I really like Matt Bloom but he's struggling to get over. I hope he cracks it but I'm not too hopefully.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Honestly I do like him, he's different, but I wish that he wouldn't attempt to speak Japanese poorly and would remain either silent (letting Sakomoto or a voice speak for him) or speak English instead. His execution has been very poor so far, both in booking and on his own side, which is disappointing as I hoped for more. I liked him in NJPW and I was alright with him back in the A-Train days.

·
Registered
140 Posts
With stable booking and maybe a few tweaks to his gimmick, I'd probably start enjoying him more. Right now he bores me to death.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I like him, but his gimmick is just death. It's so bad, it's really hard to get past.

·
Registered
689 Posts
There is nothing about him that interests me in the slightest. No charisma, boring ring-work, no mic skills. Nothing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts