Wrestling Forum banner

Rate James Storm 1-10, ten being the best.

Votes: 6 3.7%

Votes: 3 1.8%

Votes: 6 3.7%

Votes: 4 2.5%

Votes: 11 6.7%

Votes: 18 11.0%

Votes: 30 18.4%

Votes: 46 28.2%

Votes: 24 14.7%

Votes: 15 9.2%
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't dig Storm that much.

I don't mind him in the ME scene or anything and I think he's a good wrestler, he's obviously over and he serves a purpose but I feel like he's kind of a poor man's Stone Cold, and his move set/in ring style leave me a wanting a little.

With all this talk of him taking the title from Roode, who has had a great run, I think it'll be a downgrade of sorts.

I think Storm's title feuds are going to need a lot of good heel work because if he has to cut generic promos with his 'southern ass whoopin' stuff, and maybe it's just personal taste, I feel like it could get stale.

·
Stroking is the Antidote
3,160 Posts
Why is it that if a wrestler is southern and drinks beer he automatically has to be compared to Austin?

I like him, at the moment I cant see him as the top champion or anything, but that can easily change in time.

Plus he seems to get the best theme songs on the roster, lol.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
i like storm, always have since his amw days. he was part of the best tag team of the past decade in beer money and right now he is being built up the next world champ and deserving of it.

he is a very good wrestler, great promo cutter, has great character(not a stone cold rip off btw) so i see no reason to not like the guy, but hey every1 got an opinion.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I don't like him that much. I appreciate that he can wrestle but he bores me.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm not Storm's biggest fan but I do like the guy a lot. He's got a cool gimmick and look, great promo skills and he puts on really good matches. Plus I like the way he's been built up in this feud with Roode, it's refreshing compared to the superman face pushes WWE give to pretty much everyone, even guys like Brodus Clay. It's really getting over too considering how great his speech and the reaction to it was on this weeks Impact.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Meh he's ok not really a fan of anything from the south. I don't think he's anything like stone cold othere then they both drink beer, stone cold was a bad ass then a redneck . James strom is just a redneck. Dude is over and that's cool but I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I forget exactly what promo he cut that made me say, WOW! that was fucking bad ass. Since then I have liked him.

I will give the OP credit for one thing, you may be right that his reign would be a slight downgrade from Roode. Something about Roode's reign has been perfect. I would actually like if they take as long as possible to have Roode v Storm. I don't want the obvious BFG win for Storm, there's no surprise there. Its almost inevitable to have a predictable finish thus a lackluster start to a reign.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
One of the best in the business today, in ring and promo wise.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
6.5. He's currently on the rise, a favorite in the iMPACT Zone, but judging all else, 6 at best at the moment. He's nothing nowhere to being spectacular. His promo's are good though, which bumped him .5 on my list.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
TNA, the IWC is turning on a face(no shit)... time to push him to the moon cena style.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I'm not a big fan of James Storm either to be honest and thought it was ridiculous and vintage TNA to have him return and beat Crimson, making him lose his undefeated streak after no build (to my knowledge.) Talk about using a guy who's already established in the company to shit all over another who's on the verge of being made (not that I care for Crimson either, he's pretty generic.)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Disagree. For me, Storm is the best mic worker to have emerged after the attitude era. He knows how to work a crowd and works well as a face without coming off as cheesy. Some of his matches have left a bit to be desired such as his matches with Angle and Roode but he's also proven that he can have MOTY candidates during his runs in Beer Money, AMW and his feud with Chris Harris. I for one am very excited about his upcoming title reign.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
I don't like him. In my opinion he has no charisma.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nah if you want to see a stone cold rip off, check out shark boy hehe. but i think he's a pretty decent wrestler really, and was in probably the best feud of 2011.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Count me as one who doesn't like Storm. I don't like that he tries to gain sympathy from the audience when he loses even if he was cheated. It's almost like he wants to cry sometimes. His promos at home remind me of some of the country songs where the man has lost everything and drowns his sorrows in beer. Man up Storm and stop trying to gain sympathy by actling like a wuss. You won't find the cure to your problems at the bottom of a beer bottle either, although that would be a good storyline having Storm lose some matches because he is too drunk thanks to Roode. I would love to see that.

I also don't like he runs around spraying beer like Stone Cold. He isn't half the man Stone Cold is. Storm, stop being a Stone Cold Steve Austin wannabe!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts