Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, before everybody bad reps me and totally disagrees, just hear me out. I respect Daniel hes a phenomenal wrestler and hes important to the roster and wrestling in general. But when I look at him I really don't see "Face of wrestling, face of the company, or WWE championship material". His beard image was cool at first but now its gotten out of hand and so has his hair, he looks like Alan off of jumanji when he first gets out of the box for being in there about ten years. I don't want that image presenting the company because its not scary like the Undertaker or strong and physical like Brock Lesnar. His image is what represents most of tna fans in the front row at live events "again no disrespect". I hope he shaves soon so I can at least lean towards to actually seeing something in him.

Second of all I really don't think hes that over as you guys want to believe. Your going to throw that don't you hear them yes chants when he comes out? Yes I do hear them yes chants, do you also hear them uso chants when they start off with U and then the crowd finishes with SO's?Its the reason why they made that tag team to say ole because its easy to get the crowd behind. Same thing happened with the feed me more chants but people still didn't consider Ryback over but I guess its a different story for Bryan huh? All I'm saying is I know he had a little strong fan base from the internet fans before the yes! chants but his supposedly fan base skyrocked through the roof after the yes chants.

He relies on that chant a little bit too much you ask me. Steve Austin didn't need to run down the stage putting his hands up to his ears chanting WHAT every time now did he?

I actually know a bunch of people who are legit hardcore wrestling fans and do not care about Bryan at all. I like Bryan as a wrestler but I just don't see it in him. I know someone else on this site has to feel the same way? You all can't be biased on the same thing "we all hate cena go daniel bryan!"

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
how come everybody that says something negative about Bryan says, "I respect him, I like him, he's a great talent, but" they always start off complimenting him, then they badmouth him..always the same...yep he's soooo not over, he's sooo not over that HBK got booed without him saying a damn word! yep, Bryan isn't over with the crowd at all.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how come everybody that says something negative about Bryan says, "I respect him, I like him, he's a great talent, but" they always start off complimenting him, then they badmouth him..always the same...yep he's soooo not over, he's sooo not over that HBK got booed without him saying a damn word! yep, Bryan isn't over with the crowd at all.
Because I do respect him because hes an amazing wrestler which should be highly praised. Its just everything else he lacks really bad in. I can't sit here and listen to him cut a promo without cringing. And its true HBK got booed without Bryan even saying a word and that's due to the fact because hes the legendary HBK.

Everybody is blaming HHH, staff, Big Show and Orton for these horrible events that has been happening in the story line but Daniel. If hes the star people says he is then how come hes not actually proving it and why is he getting a free pass from the blame?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Well I don't want Bryan on my television screen so you're not the only one. I wish Cesaro was given more microphone time. That guy is going to be a contender for the face of the WWE in a year or two.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
If you think about WWE as the Corporate entity it is in reality, then Daniel Bryan definitely does not fit that look that they're going for. All he would have to do is trim the beard down like he had it at Wrestlemania 28 and he'd come across as a lot more credible.

I love him as a wrestler but he's looking like the 4th member of the Wyatts, or the local hobo that just crawled out of a dumpster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The way Daniel Bryan has excelled since coming into the WWE has been nothing but fantastic.

However I never see the guy being the "face of the company" more so just a fly by night cult sensation.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Now, before everybody bad reps me and totally disagrees, just hear me out. I respect Daniel hes a phenomenal wrestler and hes important to the roster and wrestling in general. But when I look at him I really don't see "Face of wrestling, face of the company, or WWE championship material". His beard image was cool at first but now its gotten out of hand and so has his hair, he looks like Alan off of jumanji when he first gets out of the box for being in there about ten years. I don't want that image presenting the company because its not scary like the Undertaker or strong and physical like Brock Lesnar. His image is what represents most of tna fans in the front row at live events "again no disrespect". I hope he shaves soon so I can at least lean towards to actually seeing something in him.

Second of all I really don't think hes that over as you guys want to believe. Your going to throw that don't you hear them yes chants when he comes out? Yes I do hear them yes chants, do you also hear them uso chants when they start off with U and then the crowd finishes with SO's?Its the reason why they made that tag team to say ole because its easy to get the crowd behind. Same thing happened with the feed me more chants but people still didn't consider Ryback over but I guess its a different story for Bryan huh? All I'm saying is I know he had a little strong fan base from the internet fans before the yes! chants but his supposedly fan base skyrocked through the roof after the yes chants.

He relies on that chant a little bit too much you ask me. Steve Austin didn't need to run down the stage putting his hands up to his ears chanting WHAT every time now did he?

I actually know a bunch of people who are legit hardcore wrestling fans and do not care about Bryan at all. I like Bryan as a wrestler but I just don't see it in him. I know someone else on this site has to feel the same way? You all can't be biased on the same thing "we all hate cena go daniel bryan!"
i think he just got a push just because of his chant,if you take the chant out bryan would come to a del-rio reaction.:lmao:lmao:lmao
and i said it from the FIRST day he will not replace cena AND is just having his moment.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
I agree with you, but don't expect anyone else to. People here are convinced that these losses are just to make him the underdog and he's going to make Triple H tap out at Wrestlemania.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
everything he's done he's shined in. Look at how he debuted in NXT, he was the only one that had a storyline, he feuded with the Miz right off the bat, won the US title, had a program with every diva pretty much, won the MITB, became WHC, brought the tag team division back, developed a catch phrase, changed up his gimmick and they marketed it very well after him, beat the face of the company at a major ppv, and is now involved in the top storyline of the Fall. I mean there you go, the guy is a star. Gets a reaction everywhere...Not that many people on the roster can succeed at everything they do. The guy is gold in every single program he's in.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
everything he's done he's shined in. Look at how he debuted in NXT, he was the only one that had a storyline, he feuded with the Miz right off the bat, won the US title, had a program with every diva pretty much, won the MITB, became WHC, brought the tag team division back, developed a catch phrase, changed up his gimmick and they marketed it very well after him, beat the face of the company at a major ppv, and is now involved in the top storyline of the Fall. I mean there you go, the guy is a star. Gets a reaction everywhere...Not that many people on the roster can succeed at everything they do. The guy is gold in every single program he's in.
While I agree with everything you just said, his actual physical appearance these days is poor. The overgrown beard and hair, the pink shirts... it's just not helping him at all. (The whole Komen thing just annoys me anyway. You don't need to turn the entire show pink to support the cause. A simple 15 second message would suffice but I digress.)

·
Registered
944 Posts
the whole "face of the company" stuff is unnecessary and flat out stupid. The guy can be a main event player, and WWE Champion (his hard work and fan following has earned him that much to me) without ever being the "face of the company" which why the storyline is so stupid. The Undertaker is a bonfide legend easily one of the greatest and most recognizable superstars of all time he's a star but never a "face of the company". all the guys hunter mentioned in the cute little promo were all wwe champion and main eventers they but werent ever face of the company. So sense being WWE Champion and "face of the company" aren't the same thing, why is any of this even happening?

Also Bryan's characters goal was to become the WWE Champion, he never said anything about wanting to be the face of company, never even uttered the phrase. I

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
yep, he just wants to be WWE champion, which he will be, or maybe if Cena brings prestige back to the WHC, then maybe down the line Bryan will get that..he has a bright future, i'm excited of the feuds he'll have in the future..its going to be awesome..this is just the start.

·
Registered
944 Posts
the whole "face of the company" stuff is unnecessary and flat out stupid. The guy can be a main event player, and WWE Champion (his hard work and fan following has earned him that much to me) without ever being the "face of the company" which why the storyline is so stupid. The Undertaker is a bonfide legend easily one of the greatest and most recognizable superstars of all time he's a star but never a "face of the company". all the guys hunter mentioned in the cute little promo were all wwe champion and main eventers they but werent ever face of the company. So sense being WWE Champion and "face of the company" aren't the same thing, why is any of this even happening?

Also Bryan's characters goal was to become the WWE Champion, he never said anything about wanting to be the face of company, never even uttered the phrase.

·
Banned
6,752 Posts
I like Bryan, but only as a moderate fan. I don't want to see him become face of the company and he was never going to be anyway. He'll be in that second tier category where he can a world title every now and then and maybe even drop down like Jericho did and win a midcard title but he's never gonna be THE guy that leads the company into a new era for 3-5 years or more. Anyone who thinks so is delusional and doesn't know how wrestling works. Guys like Bryan are talented and can add a lot to the roster, but they're not the "larger than life" personas that the casual fans want to see the most.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
i think he just got a push just because of his chant,if you take the chant out bryan would come to a del-rio reaction.:lmao:lmao:lmao
and i said it from the FIRST day he will not replace cena AND is just having his moment.
:kobe

Shoo with this troll post..

The "YES" chants are cheers pretty much..without them he'd come out to cheers, and fans chanting his name, like every other wrestler.

Alot of people sound real salty at the fact that Bryan has something that will become the norm for ANYTHING the crowds approve.

Del Boringo could've come out chanting YES and it wouldn't be big..

Cena WISHES he got the reaction Daniel Bryan was getting.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
actually, other than Cena, Bryan is the guy the fans want to see the most. Yes signs every where....can't deny that. The Smackdown two weeks ago, there were yes signs, yes banners, Respect the Beard signs, Respect the Beard tee shirts, and yes rally towels everywhere, even when they panned to the non camera side on the wide shots...it was insane.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts
actually, other than Cena, Bryan is the guy the fans want to see the most. Yes signs every where....can't deny that.
It's a bunch of buttmarks mad that they're favorite guy isn't getting the attention and love like Daniel Bryan. They complain about WWE needing change and shit, but yet whine when a guy who got over with in ring talent and charisma gets attention.

They'd rather guys like Cena,HHH, and Borton to be main event mainstays..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.