Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am i only person who doesnt get otis or his popularity? And why vince seemingingly is high on him?

He has an average moveset, with a finisher which would be pretty lame as a normal move let alone a finisher in 2020, he is over weight and wouldnt be much better looking if he was thinner. He is Not a typical guy vince would like. He is not funny imo, I personally would have prefered mandy to pick dolph over him as mandy should be a heel character all day long though heel sonya is excellent. What happens to tucker? Why have they seemingly broke up? Surely otis will not cash in successfully, personally i think he one of the worst choices of mitb winners ever and there has been some bad ones. If rumour is correct he will cash in for tag titles then that even worse choice for briefcase.

·
Registered
457 Posts
WWE is for little kiddies.

You go on twitter or a facebook post about WWE and 90% of the comments are about how embarrasing the product is.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yeah. I thought I looked unathletic, but Otis is 4 inches shorter and 75lbs heavier than me. I felt bad for Mandy at Wrestlemania when she had to kiss his gross sweaty ass.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't get Otis or his popularity, either. He's basically a funny fat guy with a limited moveset and limited promo skills. He does make me laugh a bit when he does the caterpillar and starts shaking and thrusting in the ring but other than that, I find him to be very lame.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yeah. I thought I looked unathletic, but Otis is 4 inches shorter and 75lbs heavier than me. I felt bad for Mandy at Wrestlemania when she had to kiss his gross sweaty ass.
That storyline is her idea. She is more comfortable with this storyline over the homewrecker mistress gimmicks they are giving her.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
It's one of these things. People say all the wrestlers are the same bland and generic. We need more characters they complain. Then you get an over the top character like Otis. And guess what? They don't like him. They don't get it! He needs more long black hair, talk about how happy he is to be here and a 450 finisher

·
Registered
607 Posts
Am i only person who doesnt get otis or his popularity? And why vince seemingingly is high on him?

He has an average moveset, with a finisher which would be pretty lame as a normal move let alone a finisher in 2020, he is over weight and wouldnt be much better looking if he was thinner. He is Not a typical guy vince would like. He is not funny imo, I personally would have prefered mandy to pick dolph over him as mandy should be a heel character all day long though heel sonya is excellent. What happens to tucker? Why have they seemingly broke up? Surely otis will not cash in successfully, personally i think he one of the worst choices of mitb winners ever and there has been some bad ones. If rumour is correct he will cash in for tag titles then that even worse choice for briefcase.
I don't mind Otis as anything but A WORLD CHAMP. Don't give this guy the belt unless we can go back in time and give Festus, Eugene and Scotty 2 hotty the strap. That's really all the problem is to me. As far as his looks are concerned, yeah I've never been a big fan of out of shape fat guys wrestling but I think Otis found his place. His storyline with Ziggler and Mandy was great, and his "Oh yeah!" catchphrase is pretty funny or "cute" rather.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that is more what is bugging me rather than him in particular, i think he would be fine if he was a bit part character or remained in his tag team but for him to feature prominently and actually win a match that contained aj styles, daniel bryan, rey mysterio and Alistair black is mind boggling to me even if it was a joke of a match and not even be a proper mitb match,
the guys you put him with is about right, he is a eugene, scotty type who never won anything but fine for comic relief and found their place, if it true vince is a fan im sure he will get bored soon like he normally does and otis will return down the card

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I do like Otis but it's hard to see him challenging for the world title. Some have suggested he is going to use his Money in the Bank briefcase for a tag title shot though, which would make more sense.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
You do know they are dating in real life and that's what spawned the angle right?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Otis for me is the new James Ellsworth . A guy the fans rooted just becuase they feel bad for how terrible he is, however wwe just like always took this as an opportunity to shove him down people’s throats to the point that many started hating the guy.

In reality the guy is a perfect mid card talent as he has gimmicky personality , distinctive look and looks like generally nice guy to root for.

Sadly guys like him are most fun to watch in small portions and gets boring fast when they get too overexposed which is what wwe is doing

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
8,028 Posts
He’s popular because fat people are funny. Thats all there is to it honestly. The Mandy storyline was also something a lot of fat guys who want the pretty girl could relate to. And I’m assuming there’s A LOT of fat ass WWE fans. Otis ain’t bad though. I like the guy in the right doses.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
I'm not a fan but I do get his popularity in the Mandy Rose storyline. An unattractive out of shape guy who no decent looking woman would really look at gets to pull the girl of his dreams. A sort of thing a lot of us hideous looking guys can dream off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't mind him but he's a lower midcard act, simple as that, him winning MITB was an insane piece of bullshit.

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts