Wrestling Forum banner

Am I the only one that doesn't get....

1684 Views 22 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  septurum
How the IWC can week after week complain on this forum about the build up to wrestlemania?

The whole Rock/Cena/Miz feud is actually working, I don't get the complaints some people have, all three of them are doing just fine, we saw Miz tonight do really well, and it's building up more and more as time has went on. The whole point of this match is to have the crowd want miz to lose, and cena to win. Also for the rock and cena to get the stare off so many wanted.

Same thing with Cole and Lawler
Once again the heel is being booked to the point where everyone wants to see him lose, way more then miz yes but still something to see, plus they have brought back a lot of nostalgia during the whole thing, with JBL, JR, and grandmaster sexy.

HHH and Undertaker, yeah it's a downer that this is what we get after Shawn Michaels but is it really that bad? The only thing is that Shawn Michaels is delivering better promos about the match then triple h and undertaker are...

Randy Orton is finally being used correctly for the first time in like a year with him getting rid of the nexus, and I can't even stand the guy, it's been a good build up, the segments are short and to the point. I even think creative pulled a little tongue in cheek humor with the IWC and punk, since they used a thing from two years ago to start a feud where most complained they would also complain about things like triple h and undertaker where triple h had a match a long time ago that isn't brought up, that's just one example though.

Hell even the Daniel Bryan and Sheamus match tonight was good, the title was actually defended for once...it's a start at least...

Just I really don't get the complaints about the build up on raws side, it seems like people watch it just to hate it. They ask if people can come back and then immediately hate how there being used and stealing the spotlight from the newer faces of the company, just a lot of hypocrisy really, I mean snooki was on tonight you know what I did? Fast Forward, end story...
Reactions: chasing2009
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
865 Posts
yeah people complain a lot and half the time I don't get it either. Most the buildups are going well. Miz/Cena is awesome right now this should be the main event coz I feel Taker/HHH will be a let down with Taker in the shape he's in, and The Rock will be involved in this match somehow. Oddly enough so is Cole/Lawler in terms of build (I would love to see Cole win, just b/c Lawler comes off as an asshole with how he treats Cole, Cole is douche, but can you blame him with Lawler constantly bullying him physically and verbally up until he had Swagger watching his back). There's too much HHH praise going on in the HHH /Taker feud for me, but I guess they have to make it look like HHH can do it. I hate that Nexus is being used as fodder for Orton, but can't argue that it does make Orton look dangerous, its now more a question of what they do to make Punk look like he has a chance of winning (he really needs the win though).

But overall, I have found Raw more entertaining lately, I really have few complaints

· Premium Member
639 Posts

Honestly, this has been one of the better build-ups to a Wrestlemania in a long time. Which is amazing since a lot of these matches have only been built up the last month or so.

· Registered
861 Posts
Don't like complaining, don't visit forums. Period.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
How the IWC can week after week complain on this forum about the build up to wrestlemania?

The whole Rock/Cena/Miz feud is actually working, I don't get the complaints some people have, all three of them are doing just fine, we saw Miz tonight do really well, and it's building up more and more as time has went on. The whole point of this match is to have the crowd want miz to lose, and cena to win. Also for the rock and cena to get the stare off so many wanted.

Same thing with Cole and Lawler
Once again the heel is being booked to the point where everyone wants to see him lose, way more then miz yes but still something to see, plus they have brought back a lot of nostalgia during the whole thing, with JBL, JR, and grandmaster sexy.

HHH and Undertaker, yeah it's a downer that this is what we get after Shawn Michaels but is it really that bad? The only thing is that Shawn Michaels is delivering better promos about the match then triple h and undertaker are...

Randy Orton is finally being used correctly for the first time in like a year with him getting rid of the nexus, and I can't even stand the guy, it's been a good build up, the segments are short and to the point. I even think creative pulled a little tongue in cheek humor with the IWC and punk, since they used a thing from two years ago to start a feud where most complained they would also complain about things like triple h and undertaker where triple h had a match a long time ago that isn't brought up, that's just one example though.

Hell even the Daniel Bryan and Sheamus match tonight was good, the title was actually defended for once...it's a start at least...

Just I really don't get the complaints about the build up on raws side, it seems like people watch it just to hate it. They ask if people can come back and then immediately hate how there being used and stealing the spotlight from the newer faces of the company, just a lot of hypocrisy really, I mean snooki was on tonight you know what I did? Fast Forward, end story...
I'll break it down for you.

Cena/Rock/Miz-the only reason I personally care is because of the Rock. Take the Rock out and I don't care. It seems the feud is Rock vs Cena, but we're not going to get that, so why build to it? I think that's why most people are mad about it.

Cole vs Lawler. Let's dumb this down. There are two ANNOUNCERS fighting. I think it's pathetic. There are so many other wrestlers on the roster that deserve to be on Wrestlemania. It's not about hating Michael Cole or Jerry Lawler. If TNA had Tazz fight Mike Tenay at Bound for Glory. Or had Tony Schivone fight Mark Madden at Starrcade. People would be in an uproar as well, as rightfully so. The actual storyline just sucks and I feel no sympathy for Jerry Lawler. the question isn't "why is everyone complaining about this?", the real question is "how can anyone not complain about this".

HHH vs Undertaker-A DECADE ago, these guys had a good match. I don't expect the same to happen here. Undertaker is only as good as his opponent. He had awesome matches with HBK and had worst match of the year quality with Kane. Triple H sucks in the ring. No Holds Barred gives them a chance to not suck. But unless Triple H puts his career on the line, I don't care.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk-The only complaint I have about this match is that it is not for the WWE title. This SHOULD be the WWE title match.

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus-I just saw it. Nothing to write home about. But I just saw it, and now I'm supposed to "want" to pay next time to see it. If the match was like a minute long, I would understand it. But the same match you saw tonight will pretty much be the match at Wrestlemania.

So there you go. I'm sorry for most of us, the WWE isn't all the "rainbows and strawberries and it rains gold coins every other day" world that you live in. But after reading this hopefully you see why others may not like the build. Have an great day!

· Registered
4,651 Posts
This is just the nature of the internet bro. There's really no point in being bothered or even making a thread about it. The internet has been filled with nothing but negativity and whining since the early 90s and it will continue to be well into the future. It has nothing at all to do with the actual quality of the product/movie/show/video/person/news item being discussed, people just enjoy getting on the internet and making preposterous, nitpicking complaints about any and everything.

· Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,845 Posts
I just think its a mediocre build leading to mediocre matches.

Ziggler/Morrison is ruined with Diva interaction, and Snookie?
Smackdown has its very own clusterfuck of a tag match.
Sloppy, lazy booking all around

We just saw Bryan/Sheamus. It still could be a good match, but the payoff
(Sheamus as WWE champ) has already been given.

Rhodes/Mysterio could be good. This is the best built match at WM.

What "build" for Orton/Punk? They've done the same thing for 4 weeks straight.
Punk's faction was buried and he will be "buried", in so far as he can be buried.

Lawler/Cole is not a match. Swagger being involved as a trainer when about a year ago he was a Money In The Bank winner and heavyweight champ makes it even worse.

Edge/ADR will be an ADR win off of an arm bar or a Rodriguez interference or Christian screwjob win. It will happen just like people predicted the last two Elimation Chamber matches. Don't out-think yourself into thinking its too obvious. ADR will win.

Undertaker/Triple H is horribly built, horribly overbuilt in fact. It just screams
"Trying Too Hard."

Miz/Cena is a RAW match. Period. It is not worthy of main eventing Wrestlemania.
The Rock just degrades this feud. He is there to trick people into thinking they aren't paying 60 dollars to watch a RAW episode.

I want to see 2 of the matches on the card. Maybe. Tops. I'll be streaming yet again.

· Registered
4,017 Posts

Honestly, this has been one of the better build-ups to a Wrestlemania in a long time. Which is amazing since a lot of these matches have only been built up the last month or so.
this

plus... IWC have more than 1 person and more than 1 mindset

i've liked this mania buildup so far, i woudl ahve liked it to have been a bit longer and more properly made, but at least they're doing their jobs

and to my surprise, they're keeping all the contestants away from their opponents until their matches

· Registered
861 Posts
I'll break it down for you.

Cena/Rock/Miz-the only reason I personally care is because of the Rock. Take the Rock out and I don't care. It seems the feud is Rock vs Cena, but we're not going to get that, so why build to it? I think that's why most people are mad about it.

Cole vs Lawler. Let's dumb this down. There are two ANNOUNCERS fighting. I think it's pathetic. There are so many other wrestlers on the roster that deserve to be on Wrestlemania. It's not about hating Michael Cole or Jerry Lawler. If TNA had Tazz fight Mike Tenay at Bound for Glory. Or had Tony Schivone fight Mark Madden at Starrcade. People would be in an uproar as well, as rightfully so. The actual storyline just sucks and I feel no sympathy for Jerry Lawler. the question isn't "why is everyone complaining about this?", the real question is "how can anyone not complain about this".

HHH vs Undertaker-A DECADE ago, these guys had a good match. I don't expect the same to happen here. Undertaker is only as good as his opponent. He had awesome matches with HBK and had worst match of the year quality with Kane. Triple H sucks in the ring. No Holds Barred gives them a chance to not suck. But unless Triple H puts his career on the line, I don't care.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk-The only complaint I have about this match is that it is not for the WWE title. This SHOULD be the WWE title match.

Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus-I just saw it. Nothing to write home about. But I just saw it, and now I'm supposed to "want" to pay next time to see it. If the match was like a minute long, I would understand it. But the same match you saw tonight will pretty much be the match at Wrestlemania.

So there you go. I'm sorry for most of us, the WWE isn't all the "rainbows and strawberries and it rains gold coins every other day" world that you live in. But after reading this hopefully you see why others may not like the build. Have an great day!
aside from the road to wrestlemania we have to see the E pushing alot of the uncharasmatic, non drawing 'superstars'....I for one am glad that this is a one off thing - something different - HEY if these guys can draw and ted dibiase unfortunately cant (haha 'unfortunate son'...) then anyone with half a brain would book it as it has been booked thus far...plus swagger gets elevated a bit...cant wait to see austin stun cole and stomp a mudhole in swagger

· Registered
5,307 Posts
The buildup itself overall isn't the problem. The problem is the matches and guys involved.

-HHH/Taker: Happened 10 years ago, and a few times after. Been there done that. They're not as good as they once were, and both guys who came off long absences being the main focus just doesn't sit well with some folks.

-Miz/Cena: Arguably the worst WWE champ in recent memory vs the top (stale) face in the company who still gets booed almost every single week and has been in the title match at Mania 7 years in a row.

-Cole/Lawler: Best buildup by far, only it features announcers.

-Edge/ADR: People don't watch SD, and the casual fan is gonna go "Who the hell is Alberto Del Rio?" Plus every time he's on Raw(for no good reason), he comes out to almost no reaction.

-CM Punk/Orton: Orton got little reaction in his home town, and creative has no idea what to do with Punk. Main eventer to midcarder, then back to ME then back to MC.

-Cody Rhodes/Mysterio: No one watches SD, and if you do, is this match a good reason to pay $60 for Mania?

· Registered
3,657 Posts
The buildup itself overall isn't the problem. The problem is the matches and guys involved.

-HHH/Taker: Happened 10 years ago, and a few times after. Been there done that. They're not as good as they once were, and both guys who came off long absences being the main focus just doesn't sit well with some folks.

-Miz/Cena: Arguably the worst WWE champ in recent memory vs the top (stale) face in the company who still gets booed almost every single week and has been in the title match at Mania 7 years in a row.

-Cole/Lawler: Best buildup by far, only it features announcers.

-Edge/ADR: People don't watch SD, and the casual fan is gonna go "Who the hell is Alberto Del Rio?" Plus every time he's on Raw(for no good reason), he comes out to almost no reaction.

-CM Punk/Orton: Orton got little reaction in his home town, and creative has no idea what to do with Punk. Main eventer to midcarder, then back to ME then back to MC.

-Cody Rhodes/Mysterio: No one watches SD, and if you do, is this match a good reason to pay $60 for Mania?
The fuck????? lol
How many people watch raw on mute here?? seriously......

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
am i the only one who gets how a discussion forum works?

you don't come on a forum where people share opinions to suck off the product and everyone working for it, you come in to discuss, criticize, praise, and debate. that's all people are doing. christ, it's like peoples first time on the internet.

· Registered
861 Posts
cole/lawler is not about winnning or losing its about cole getting his ass KICKED...by lawler austin and jr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.