Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a lot of people here seem to hate him but I love watching this guy! He has an intimidating presence about him and his dreadlocks are so out-of-place they make him look eerily big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgEFeiwb7E

Add to that Springboard Moonsaults, Argentine DDTs and Springboard-dropkick? I'm sold.

There. I have dared to praise Tyler Reks :banned:

EDIT: Is he still in Smackdown? I haven't seen him show up for ages

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
You're not alone. He's really starting to grow on me, and I think you couldn't have described it better with the intimidating presence. He's been on Superstars lately, check out the match with Trent Barreta from Thursday.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
His match with Baretta was very good, I suggest everyone to watch this weeks Superstars, best episode to date. Kidd vs DH Smith got a standing ovation after the match, they really tore it up.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm a fan of that guy's look. He looks like a psychopat...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I like his power arsenal and I really like his finisher! I also like his entrance music. I just wish he'd change his name - Tyler hardly gives the impression of someone menacing. Lol.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I like his power arsenal and I really like his finisher! I also like his entrance music. I just wish he'd change his name - Tyler hardly gives the impression of someone menacing. Lol.
hey its like a 300 lbs dude being called tiny. besides outside of tyler black who else in recent memory had the name tyler as a wrestler. it makes him different. ya i like the guy he has potential if he has atleast decent booking. he should have been with this heel persona back in ecw instead of the generic surfer.............real problem is why is like all wrestlers do a surfer gimmick at one point?

·
Banned
1,988 Posts
I'm also impressed by him. Tyler Reks, in my opinion, is a better and a more credible heel than Mike Knox was.

BTW, when he first debuted on ECW, weren't his eyes blue? Because now they are kinda dark colored. Contact lenses, maybe?

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
His match with Baretta was very good, I suggest everyone to watch this weeks Superstars, best episode to date. Kidd vs DH Smith got a standing ovation after the match, they really tore it up.
That Superstars was amazing, Reks and Baretta with Hawkins on commentary, Kidd and Smith's great match, perhaps splitting them was not a bad idea after all, when was the last time people cheered for them like that?

Back to Reks, I liked his in ring style when he was the surfer dude, it's pretty amazing how he has gone from that style and personality to his current one and sells it convincingly.

·
1,818 Posts
I'm with you mate he has one of the best looks on Smackdown and I want to see a lot more from him. I just hope they don't screw it up, but I can't see him being world heavyweight champion for some reason :(

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
He has a very intimidating presence and could go somewhere if given some time on Smackdown

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
He should have been a part of NXT where he could develop his character that the audience can slowly sink their teeth into, this guy has tons of potential.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I'm not sure about that, but I know I am the only who thinks he should have debuted as a "Face", and had been a close friend of Kofi. Kingston really hasn't done much on the singles scene, and I think another tag team run followed by a heel turn by Reks would be nice. I don't get this whole Tyler Reks gimmick right now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts