Wrestling Forum banner

Am i only one who Feels Owens is A Shell of his former self?

2872 39
Firstly let me say Owens is my 2nd favorite act behind Banks.
Ive been watching Owens for years,so im not just talking out my ass.

He doesn't seem to be as intimidating,or Dangerous as before.
He's still easily one of most entertaining but...I dont see that same AURA around him nomore.
Don't get me wrong he's phenomenonal.But i feel he's lost his edge his Aura His FIGHT OWENS FIGHT i feel has left him recently.
I find KO to be funny more then intimidating recently..But thats not ALL necessarily his fault.I am a KO Mark and feel no one's really shedding light on this.
Not same guy i seen powerbomb his BF( Zayn) on ring appron.

Does anyone see the difference in Owens? He's IC Champ and all..But do you feel The FIGHT OWENS FIGHT in him?
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
7,835 Posts
Well, being fed to Cena after his initial win didn't help matters. Him walking out on matches didn't help either.

Let's face it, like Rollins and Wyatt before him, his booking has sucked away some of his aura.

That being said, he's still one of the most entertaining people on the roster, and his credibility hasn't been hurt nearly as much as Bray Wyatt's has.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, being fed to Cena after his initial win didn't help matters. Him walking out on matches didn't help either.

Let's face it, like Rollins and Wyatt before him, his booking has sucked away some of his aura.

That being said, he's still one of the most entertaining people on the roster, and his credibility hasn't been hurt nearly as much as Bray Wyatt's has.
Agreed.

· Bow Down to The Queens
🕷️ MAFIA BELLA 👸🏼
44,678 Posts
Yeah, that's what lackluster booking does. His current booking is not bad by any means, but it's a far cry from being midget Lesnar like he was in NXT. He's showing more of a comedic and cowardly side than being a dominant force. Getting pinned AND tapping to Cena also took some of his aura away.

· Registered
12,109 Posts
No one can be a bad ass in WWEPG. Even Lesnar has some 'PG' moments.

Steen had his balls removed, now he is just a 'Prize Fighter' that runs and gets counted out every week.

Mox throws popcorn and green slime on people and make stupid faces.

They are equal to a villain on Dora the Explorer or whatever the kids watch these days.

· Premium Member
61,280 Posts
its him being in wwe that has altered his aura and it isn't his fault at all.

Steen had his balls removed, now he is just a 'Prize Fighter' that runs and gets counted out every week.

They are equal to a villain on Dora the Explorer or whatever the kids watch these days.

Perfect succesion of posts right here describing Owens (and really anyone) in WWE. It's what WWE does to guys, at least when they get on the main roster. Everyone has to be corny and all "WWE'D up." This is the result.

· From 199 to the greatest of all time.
3,798 Posts
WWE promotes 50/50 booking, and insists on handcuffing talent, thus stripping them of their ability to be themselves, play to their strengths, and possibly grow into stars. KO, like nearly every single talent on the roster, has been greatly impacted by this. So, no, you're not the only one. Kevin Owens, or better yet 'Steen', isn't who we know he can be. Not at all.

· Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,765 Posts
Bad booking, bad match ups and bad creative will do that to you. He's still the same guy, just lost with how shitty they book him. Let's look at it from a movie standpoint, Owens is like Darth Maul or General Grievous from Star Wars, both were intimidating bad guys, good at what they did but their booking within the movies made no sense. They both died like chumps and this has befallen Owens, he's booked like a chump, it's like Vince takes his booking ques from George Lucas on how to deal with heels.

· Registered
2,022 Posts
Well he's always had a comedic side to him and I think he does it quite well, I pissed myself laughing with a lot of his PWG matches, but I do agree his current booking is doing him no favors really. He went from a big time clean win over Cena to just being another guy on the roster very quickly. Obviously there are guys in worse position than KO, but it still sucks that he's just drifting along with everyone else when his talent warrants much more.

· Baby It's Violence
12,462 Posts
It's scary to think that even with the handcuffs Owens has, he still remains one of the best booked guys on the roster outside of Roman Reigns. Yeah, I think his tap-out loss to Cena was just stupid and an unnecessary end to what was a fantastic feud, but regardless of that Owens has held his own. He dominated a feud with Cesaro, and easily won and twice beat Ryback and is now holding the IC title. In fact, he is the strongest booked IC Title in a long time.

But yeah, I wish there was a little less comedy involved with him, but its 2015 WWE PG. The majority of every storyline is going to feel like a joke with shoehorned in comedy.

· TAFKA KroKro
2,699 Posts
Not gonna lie, I don't think him losing to Cena was a burial, and I also don't think that really hurt his aura entirely either, the commentators still hype it up like it's a big deal that he beat Cena and had the most impressive debut in recent history, Wyatt... he got buried. Rusev? Beyond buried. Not Kevin Owens.

KO's issue is kinda just... he is booked stronger than most heels... but he is still not booked well enough to be taken as a main event heel threat, the issue is NO heel is. So it's kind of more or less just KO being held back because of how WWE uses their heels as opposed to anything else.

· Banned
6,169 Posts

Yea they neutered him. You cannot be cool and badass in this PC place. They also probably cut most of his offense in the ring.

Didn't he have a finisher that they won't have him do anymore? Like some sort of K-Krusher from the Top Rope?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.