Wrestling Forum banner

4361 - 4380 of 4474 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,805 Posts
Where's there a reason they posted this match? Real random.
I feel like reaching here, so I'll give you a possible reason.

Maybe they posted that clip today because they indirectly wanted to remind everyone that Alexa Bliss beat Becky Lynch (who's been presented as the FOTC for the most part) as a singles competitor; so perhaps this increases the chances of Alexa starting a feud with Nikki Cross soon!

Alexa vs Cross taking place at Summerslam confirmed :p

Alright, that's how far I reached. It is just a video after all :LOL:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
So is this gonna be like last Tuesday again where she goes to the PC for a taping, gets all glammed up and then they tell her nothing is really happening today?

Seriously, why even make her go? 50% of the show is the Undertaker tribute/Boneyard Match. Then we have the Sheamus-Jeff Hardy segment that appears to still be on and Sasha & Bayley will come out and cut the exact same promo they've been cutting every single week for the last 6 months. She doesn't need to be there for any of that.
Saw a report that said tonight would be 3/4 new content and 1/4 Taker/Styles WM. Boneyard Match will take up 30 min of the show and the rest will be new content. Obviously take that with a grain of salt but that was the report

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
They also posted a Randy Orton vs Jinder Mahal match from 2017 the other day. It doesn't mean anything.
I thought that was because Backlash was coming up and that match happened at Backlash

·
The Babyface of WF
12,147 Posts
I feel like reaching here, so I'll give you a possible reason.

Maybe they posted that clip today because they indirectly wanted to remind everyone that Alexa Bliss beat Becky Lynch (who's been presented as the FOTC for the most part) as a singles competitor; so perhaps this increases the chances of Alexa starting a feud with Nikki Cross soon!

Alexa vs Cross taking place at Summerslam confirmed :p

Alright, that's how far I reached. It is just a video after all :LOL:
Not sure if that's the case but we would tske anything remotely positive.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Well at least she didn't eat the pin

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,369 (Edited)
That was the best case scenario as far as I'm concerned. Bliss didn't get pinned and she doesn't have to job to Bayley again.

Of course the bad news is there are 3 more episodes of SmackDown left before Extreme Rules so 3 more opportunities for Bliss to job against one of these clowns.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,371
Yep, I think it's unlikely that Bayley will lose, so there is no need to be the #1 contender. The chances for a surprise are slim and none.

It's not unlikely, there is a 0.0% chance of Nikki winning. I wasn't even rooting for Bliss to win this one, just rooting for her not to get pinned.

Hopefully we can build on Bliss & Nikki being singles wrestlers, coming out separately, Nikki trying to pin Bliss when Bliss tried to hug her, etc after Extreme Rules. Maybe Alexa can even "accidentally" cause Nikki to lose at the PPV.

·
Registered
876 Posts
What I want to happen we have seen tonight Nikki wiling to go for Championship, at extreme rules have Nikki lose and then after the match have Alexa in the ring consoling her, when all of a sudden Nikki just snaps and starts attacking Alexa Bliss blaming her for the loss

Do I expect WWE to do this no I expect the boring played out Alexa Bliss turns on her friend angle because we will never see Alexa Bliss as a solo Babyface for some reason.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
If you weren't watching during the main event Alexa and all the other faces came out and surrounded the ring and watched the match

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,375
That Extreme Rules card is fucking awful. Good Lord. Wyatt vs Strowman is a non-title match for some reason. McIntyre defending against Ziggler. Bayley defending against Nikki. Are they doing this on purpose so Sasha can brag about main eventing another PPV?

They're supposed to lift our spirits during these times, not bum us out even more by giving us such a shit card.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
the subtitle they added is hilarious. Extreme Rules: Horror Show. what an apt name

·
The Babyface of WF
12,147 Posts
Maybe I'm just in a bad mood, but this is Nikki at her absolute worst. So fucking annoying. So cartoonishly over the top. I NEED Bliss to turn on her and I need it to happen soon.

Thank God she gets to do the podcast alone. At least Nikki won't be able to ruin that.
I instantly felt this vibe once Nikki won the match problem is the Top Heel spots are covered by Sasha and Bayley atm.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,380
I instantly felt this vibe once Nikki won the match problem is the Top Heel spots are covered by Sasha and Bayley atm.

Not much longer. Sasha will be the babyface champion and Bayley will be coming off one of the longest title reigns ever. Those spots will open up.

Babyface or heel, I just want Bliss to do more than stand next to Nikki and react to whatever ridiculous fucking noises Nikki makes. She's so much better than this. She's capable of so much more. They're tying both her hands behind her back right now. Enough already. Nikki can do her stupid shtick on her own like she did in NXT without dragging Bliss down.

4361 - 4380 of 4474 Posts