Wrestling Forum banner

4341 - 4360 of 4474 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Looks like they were testing today at the PC for the upcoming tapings. Alexa said she took one and Mike Rome had a post at the PC this morning sitting in a line of cars.
Yep, that will be the standard now until something changes. Just like I said.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,344
Interesting that she's so open about all this stuff now. Looks like she's really happy and in a great place. I know some people in here will disagree with this but I'm really glad to see her so happy.

So which is it? She stayed home all day or went to the PC and got tested, etc... Confused now.

What? How about both? Took a quick drive to the PC this morning, got tested, went back home and relaxed all day. I don't understand the problem.

She'll be fine dude I hate to see Kayla and Renee contract the virus though it's sad.

People need to stop freaking out every single time someone tests positive. At some point everyone will get it, including Bliss. They're all young and healthy so it's extremely likely they will all be fine and barely even feel sick. The worst part is probably missing TV for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
So which is it? She stayed home all day or went to the PC and got tested, etc... Confused now.
She went to get tested early this morning at like 8am-9am. She lives probably 10 minutes from the PC the tweet about being in bed all day was 7 hours later. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she could have went back home and got back into bed

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,347
With the WWE Universe still buzzing over the final chapter of WWE Network’s groundbreaking documentary Undertaker: The Last Ride, SmackDown will feature a special “Tribute To The Undertaker” this Friday night.

As part of the special recognition, the astonishing Boneyard Match between The Deadman and AJ Styles will air on television for the first time. As Superstars, legends, celebrities and fans have expressed their support for the sports-entertainment icon, the blue brand now gets to share the same message: Thank you, Taker.

If they tested everyone this morning I don't think they would have the results already, but it looks like they're preparing for an episode that's gonna look like one of those early quarantine shows with limited new content and a lot of old "best of" stuff. If they're airing the full Boneyard match that's damn near half the show including commercials. Nice job, geniuses.

·
Registered
529 Posts
If they tested everyone this morning I don't think they would have the results already, but it looks like they're preparing for an episode that's gonna look like one of those early quarantine shows with limited new content and a lot of old "best of" stuff. If they're airing the full Boneyard match that's damn near half the show including commercials. Nice job, geniuses.
Some people will have the results for sure. My last test took place around 9am and I got the results at 5:30pm. And with the tribute happening they probably know that not enough wrestlers will be available.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,349
Some people will have the results for sure. My last test took place around 9am and I got the results at 5:30pm. And with the tribute happening they probably know that not enough wrestlers will be available.

Must be a lot of positive cases, then, if the tribute will take up 50% of the show. WWE have only themselves to blame for this mess, but hey, at least they got in those NXT tapings last week. Because that's obviously more important than their biggest show...

It almost doesn't matter now if Bliss is positive. She won't be on tomorrow, anyway, so it's a difference between missing 1 week or 2 weeks of TV.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,350
How about something funny while all this Corona bullshit is going on? No Charlotte, no Sasha, no Bayley on NXT last night and they beat the shit out of AEW for the first time. 😂

NXT: 786K viewers
AEW: 633K viewers

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,805 Posts
Implying that ANY individual talent is somehow responsible for 'tanking' the ratings isn't really funny. In fact, it's actually very petty.

Anyway, it apparently looks like they plan on making tomorrow's Smackdown episode a tribute episode for the Undertaker. If there is still some (limited) new content tomorrow, then I'd like to see a heated segment with Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross that leads to a split between them on a later Smackdown episode that's 1-2 weeks from now.

WWE lost their top face in Becky Lynch, and Charlotte Flair will be gone for a little while longer. Asuka is great, but they can't just rely on her as the ONLY top babyface in the division (on the main roster). I'd have Alexa Bliss move back in singles competition by feuding with (a heel) Nikki Cross, so she can be used as another top face in the division.

Besides, I'd love to see Alexa vs Cross at Extreme Rules with both women getting a (good) stipulation match since the latter is known for her love of chaos and for her unpredictability. This way, we end up getting TWO good women's matches at Extreme Rules instead of just one good women's match on the ppv

Edit:

It's either that, or Alexa/Cross could be a Summerslam match (too) :p

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
What? How about both? Took a quick drive to the PC this morning, got tested, went back home and relaxed all day. I don't understand the problem.
She went to get tested early this morning at like 8am-9am. She lives probably 10 minutes from the PC the tweet about being in bed all day was 7 hours later. It's not out of the realm of possibility that she could have went back home and got back into bed
Not a problem at all. Zero problems on my end. I'm bored (just like the rest of you) and felt like analyzing a tweet for fun. Just following the inconsistencies of the timing and wording of the tweet. Where I come from, I pretty much say what I mean. If she left the house to do testing in the morning or afternoon or whenever. Then say something like .... Y’all ... If I didn't have go to the PC this morning... Otherwise it’s a disney + day in bed all day. Not ...."Y’all ... someone tell me to get out of bed & wash my hair. Otherwise it’s a disney + day in bed all day". Which means she needs somebody to force her out of bed, etc... She's not going anywhere that day. Why somebody would say that at 4:00pm is another story all together.

Like today. She's saying about going to work. Let's she if later in the day she tweets a similar tweet like yesterday that would say otherwise.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Implying that ANY individual talent is somehow responsible for 'tanking' the ratings isn't really funny. In fact, it's actually very petty.

Anyway, it apparently looks like they plan on making tomorrow's Smackdown episode a tribute episode for the Undertaker. If there is still some (limited) new content tomorrow, then I'd like to see a heated segment with Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross that leads to a split between them on a later Smackdown episode that's 1-2 weeks from now.

WWE lost their top face in Becky Lynch, and Charlotte Flair will be gone for a little while longer. Asuka is great, but they can't just rely on her as the ONLY top babyface in the division (on the main roster). I'd have Alexa Bliss move back in singles competition by feuding with (a heel) Nikki Cross, so she can be used as another top face in the division.

Besides, I'd love to see Alexa vs Cross at Extreme Rules with both women getting a (good) stipulation match since the latter is known for her love of chaos and for her unpredictability. This way, we end up getting TWO good women's matches at Extreme Rules instead of just one good women's match on the ppv

Edit:

It's either that, or Alexa/Cross could be a Summerslam match (too) :p
That would give basically three weeks to build a Alexa vs Cross. Not sure if that's enough time to properly flesh it out imo. A stipulation match sounds interesting, but they didn't even have a regular match yet. So thats sorta too early for a special match right off the bat imho. I would like to have a slow build if you're gonna do a Alexa vs Nikki feud. That needs time, and we all know they got time given the current situation.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Now another producer has Covid 19. They have in total of well over 20 people confirmed with it. Yeah, be prepared for RAW/SD like when this thing first hit. Lot's of filler rerun old matches and such. Back to square one unfortunately.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,358
Alexa's tweet implies that she was going to the PC

So is this gonna be like last Tuesday again where she goes to the PC for a taping, gets all glammed up and then they tell her nothing is really happening today?

Seriously, why even make her go? 50% of the show is the Undertaker tribute/Boneyard Match. Then we have the Sheamus-Jeff Hardy segment that appears to still be on and Sasha & Bayley will come out and cut the exact same promo they've been cutting every single week for the last 6 months. She doesn't need to be there for any of that.

The point is they don't have any significant positive impact on the ratings so they don't need to dominate all 3 shows. If that offends you because Sasha & Bayley are your favorites I can't help you.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
So is this gonna be like last Tuesday again where she goes to the PC for a taping, gets all glammed up and then they tell her nothing is really happening today?

Seriously, why even make her go? 50% of the show is the Undertaker tribute/Boneyard Match. Then we have the Sheamus-Jeff Hardy segment that appears to still be on and Sasha & Bayley will come out and cut the exact same promo they've been cutting every single week for the last 6 months. She doesn't need to be there for any of that.
Maybe they wanna tape a bunch segments, matches, etc... whatever they can in case they need to slow down production for a bit. Whoever is cleared, get them in there, tape as much as possible sort thing. Even if they're not in any storylines, just tape something regardless if they use the footage or not. Florida is getting hit with a lot of new cases recently.

4341 - 4360 of 4474 Posts