6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,801
YT numbers for the women's Raw segments

Bliss/Cross vs IIconics 540k

Asuka's celebration 525k

Nia attacking Kairi 407k

Natalya vs Baszler 396k

Flair vs Riott 266k

They really think Charlotte is a draw. Literally putting her on every show this week, Raw, NXT, SD, even had her on their weekly show The Bump. Got a bad feeling this is leading towards her holdign all 3 women's belts probably not for long but just to give her that accolade

A 3-minute match for the least important title in the division with a DQ finish getting more views than all the other women's segments... Hilarious.

I don't know if they think Charlotte is a draw or if they just don't care because she's one of the people running the company. She has never been a top merch seller as far as I can tell. You certainly didn't see her stuff at events as much as Becky (obviously #1), Alexa, Bayley or Sasha merch. She doesn't make a fucking difference in the ratings, not on any of the shows she's on. Even when they go out of their way to promote her NXT appearances it doesn't make a dent and they get beaten by AEW very comfortably every week (and AEW's ratings are down significantly since the shutdown, too). Maybe they think she's super over because everyone wooos when Charlotte wooos.

I don't see her holding all 3 belts at the same time, though. Sure, you can't put anything past them when it comes to daddy's little girl but that would just be totally insane. It's more likely that they put together this triple threat with Rhea and Io Shirai so Charlotte can lose the NXT belt without getting pinned.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,802
They really think Charlotte is a draw. Literally putting her on every show this week, Raw, NXT, SD, even had her on The Bump.

Quick update: This strategy is paying off big time. NXT was down to 590K viewers this week. Ladies and gentlemen, the champ is here! 😂

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
So did she take time off? She said in that interview that they have to sign something saying they haven't traveled. Which sort of implies if you don't sign in it you aren't allowed at the PC. So it would be kind of weird traveling right before the next taping

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,804 (Edited)
If they're gonna open these places up again soon I wonder if WWE can come up with some kind of plan to let a limited number of fans come watch the shows. Why should they have to tape in a completely empty arena when people are allowed to visit theme parks again? Even a small crowd would help improve the feeling of the shows.

So did she take time off? She said in that interview that they have to sign something saying they haven't traveled. Which sort of implies if you don't sign in it you aren't allowed at the PC. So it would be kind of weird traveling right before the next taping

We already discussed this a few days ago. She's not taking time off.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
my fucking word..............

Natalya who has lost twice in the last 2 weeks and Charlotte who is the NXT champion in a #1 contender match. When we all know Nia is getting the match based on last week. Just more forcing Charlotte on the viewer

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,806
my fucking word..............

Natalya who has lost twice in the last 2 weeks and Charlotte who is the NXT champion in a #1 contender match. When we all know Nia is getting the match based on last week. Just more forcing Charlotte on the viewer

Didn't someone say the next tapings would take place on Monday? Why is next week's Raw already taped, then?

Everything about this would be totally absurd. They've already started the Nia vs Asuka feud so why the fuck do we need a #1 contender match? And if we have a #1 contender match why is Nattie in there? Why is Charlotte in there? Why isn't Shayna a part of the match?

Who knows? I don't know if those DirecTV previews are always correct. Why would WWE give them that information before they officially announce it?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Last I saw the next tapings would be Monday & Tuesday and those would be for the next 2 weeks. But they probably already have the shows being taped planned out. I recall a cable guide having Becky vs Charlotte on the Raw draft episode when they had announced Becky vs Sasha for the episode and Becky/Charlotte ended up happening

WWE gives it to cable/satellite companies days before to put it in their on-screen guides. Obviously it could change but I don't think directv is putting that up just because

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,808 (Edited)
Got a bad feeling this is leading towards her holding all 3 women's belts probably not for long but just to give her that accolade

I know I dismissed your idea at first but if this RAW preview turns out to be correct AND if Charlotte beats Bayley tonight there may actually be something to that nightmare scenario you described.

They have announced the NXT Title triple threat match for Takeover. I thought the point was to let Charlotte lose the title without getting pinned but maybe Charlotte is pinning Io so they can drag out the Charlotte vs Rhea re-match a little longer. This match happening at Takeover means Charlotte is free to do other shit at Backlash. Would they really just randomly throw Charlotte into a #1 contender match if she's not winning it? I doubt it. If Charlotte beats Bayley tonight (I'm sure due to Sasha getting involved somehow and accidentally hurting Bayley) she would "deserve" a shot at the SmackDown Title, too...

I can't believe this, but there's actually a path now to Charlotte holding all 3 belts simultaneously. Fuck me.

WWE creative meeting:

HHH: "So how do we deal with losing Becky? What do we do next?"
Vince: "I think we should let Charlotte of House Flair, daughter of Ric, the greatest of all time, bury the entire women's division across all 3 brands."
HHH: "Genius. Let's do it."

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

Meanwhile the female whose tag title match has over 2x the views that Charlotte's match from Raw has and has more views than any other women segment from Raw is stuck in the tag division and who knows if her feud with the IIconics will continue or if it will be back to not being used (like she wasn't used on SD for the 2 weeks before MITB) until they throw a team together for them to face

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,977 Posts
View attachment 86605

Meanwhile the female whose tag title match has over 2x the views that Charlotte's match from Raw has and has more views than any other women segment from Raw is stuck in the tag division and who knows if her feud with the IIconics will continue or if it will be back to not being used (like she wasn't used on SD for the 2 weeks before MITB) until they throw a team together for them to face
Just a word to these numbers:
You already got a difference, because in several countries parts of the shows are cut out. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it is bad for the YT part. Therefore one shouldn`t compare that 1:1. Else case you could say, that people care 3 times as much for Liv, than they do for Charlotte (both 1 min talks).
I would not start with that, but I see a tendancy here putting too much into these numbers.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,811

Bliss won't be on SmackDown tonight, either, but they have 3 weeks left to set up/announce a tag titles match at Backlash. That's where they will drop the titles to the IIconics and then we'll see what happens after that.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Just a word to these numbers:
You already got a difference, because in several countries parts of the shows are cut out. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it is bad for the YT part. Therefore one shouldn`t compare that 1:1. Else case you could say, that people care 3 times as much for Liv, than they do for Charlotte (both 1 min talks).
I would not start with that, but I see a tendancy here putting too much into these numbers.
Nah I think these are absolutely fair to compare. And I think it's pretty accurate that there are 3 times more people that are interested in an Liv promo than hearing Charlotte's post match promo

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,813 (Edited)
And I think it's pretty accurate that there are 3 times more people that are interested in an Liv promo than hearing Charlotte's post match promo

To be fair, the Liv segment was actually part of the show, so Liv had the lowest numbers of all the women's segments on Raw. Those post-show backstage interviews never get a lot of views, no matter who it is.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,814
They just confirmed that #1 contender triple threat match for Raw. Unbelievable.

I love how they just casually announced that AJ Styles has been traded to SmackDown for "superstars to be named later". Just making shit up as they go along, as usual. That "4-times a year" rule will not be mentioned again in a few weeks, either. According to that rule Charlotte would only be allowed to show up twice on SmackDown for the rest of the year and we know that's not gonna happen.

Also, taking another top guy from Raw after they already lost Becky is... an interesting move...

·
Registered
736 Posts
They just confirmed that #1 contender triple threat match for Raw. Unbelievable.

I love how they just casually announced that AJ Styles has been traded to SmackDown for "superstars to be named later". Just making shit up as they go along, as usual. That "4-times a year" rule will not be mentioned again in a few weeks, either. According to that rule Charlotte would only be allowed to show up twice on SmackDown for the rest of the year and we know that's not gonna happen.

Also, taking another top guy from Raw after they already lost Becky is... an interesting move...
Did they ever announce the "wrestlers to be named later" for SD from the Bliss/Cross trade?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,816 (Edited)
Charlotte may have lost tonight but since Bayley clearly cheated to win "Charlotte 3 belts" is not off the table yet. I think she's definitely winning the #1 contender match on Monday because Charlotte Flair does not lose 2 matches on TV in 4 days. She beats Asuka for the Raw title at Backlash. Now she has 2 out of 3 and then she's coming back to SmackDown because Bayley didn't REALLY beat her. Boom. Unfortunately this is still possible.

Did they ever announce the "wrestlers to be named later" for SD from the Bliss/Cross trade?

I don't remember if they ever officially announced it but a few weeks later Lesnar, who was drafted to SmackDown, ended up going back to Raw. They probably won't mention the Styles thing again and then one day someone from SD will just be on Raw and that's the end of it. Like I said, making shit up as they go along.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WWE’s Actual Reason For Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross Tag Team

Alexa Bliss had to take a lot of time due to injury. She suffered some concussions that were scary for a period of time. She is back now, but Bliss isn’t working alone.

Some fans are under the impression that WWE placed Alexa Bliss in a tag team because they want to protect her. That might be a side benefit of teaming Bliss with Nikki Cross, but the attractive part for WWE is the team itself.

Ringside News has been told that “Alexa and Nikki are liked by Vince [McMahon], Bruce [Prichard], writers and producers as a tag team.” They have received praise backstage which is the reason for the continuation of their alliance.

Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross are currently the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions. Their storyline with the IIconics might be far from over after they retained via DQ on last week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown.

Bliss also spoke in the past about wanting to legitimize the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles. It seems that she might get that opportunity if her team continues receiving such support backstage.

I got this from Ringside news, sucks if it’s true.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
has been told that “Alexa and Nikki are liked by Vince [McMahon], Bruce [Prichard], writers and producers as a tag team.” They have received praise backstage which is the reason for the continuation of their alliance.

Ya, like them so much that the tag division has been gutted from what little there was and there appears to be no attempt to build it back aside from getting a team that appeared 1 time since Summerslam back which they immediately after the title match started what seems to be the beginning of them splitting up. Bruce Prichard who is the head writer of SD hasn't used them in a month. I'm sure they're liked but they aren't valued. Which you don't even need to break them up as a duo for them to do singles stuff, just look at it Sasha & Bayley are duo and are signles. Kabuki Warriors are still a duo and Asuka's champ.

I know it's kayfabe stuff and people are supposed to forget but if there was any logical thinking in the writing room how is it explained that the only person that has beat Asuka in a one-on-one match this year other than Becky isn't in the a #1 contender match to face but someone who hasn't won in months (Natalya) and the nxt champ (Charlotte) are in the match? Oh is it because Alexa is technically a SD wrestler? Could have fooled me seeing is how she's been on Raw more than SD the last month. Oh but wait she could be in the match since they started the "brand invitation" thing

·
Premium Member
3,954 Posts
Looks like we'll get somewhat of a new Rollout sooner than thought

People all over the world continue to stay safe by staying home, but that doesn't mean the adventuring has to stop. Dungeons & Dragons is more popular than ever because it allows people to weave compelling stories together even when they're physically apart through online videoconferencing. Now, Wizards of the Coast brings the stars to this virtual table with D&D Live 2020: Roll w/ Advantage. An amazing cast of characters led by expert storytellers preview the latest D&D storyline with live gaming sessions, all while raising money for Red Nose Day to help the most vulnerable children across the US and around the world, who have been so affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. The adventure begins 10:00am PT on June 18, 2020 and will run through June 20, 2020 at dungeonsanddragons.com.

D&D Live 2020: Roll w/ Advantage features big personalities playing elves, wizards and fighters to accomplish quests using their imaginations. Funny people like Brian Posehn, Kevin Sussman and Thomas Middleditch will work together to solve problems or, more likely, cause some hilarious new ones. WWE ® Superstars Xavier Woods ®, Tyler Breeze ®, Ember Moon ®, Alexa Bliss ® and Dio Maddin ® will contend with beefcake destroyer Jeremy Crawford, a.k.a. Principal Rules Designer for D&D. Deborah Ann Woll will lead a group of actors in improvising a way to help people in a fantasy world not that different from ours. And principal D&D writer Chris Perkins takes players new to D&D, including Brandon Routh and David Harbour, through adventures sure to de-mystify the hobby for all who tune in.

SATURDAY: JUNE 20

9:30 AM:
Pre-Show
10:00 AM: Lost Odyssey Heroes Game
  • DM: Chris Perkins
  • Players Include: David Harbour and Brandon Routh
12:00 PM: D&D Product Deep Dive/Panels
2:00 PM: D&D WWE Game
  • DM: Jeremy Crawford
  • Players Include: Alexa Bliss, Tyler Breeze, Dio Maddin, Ember Moon, and Xavier Woods
4:00 PM: Reality RP Finale & Goodbyes

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Have you noticed how the Backlash matches are getting made based off very little? Yet Bliss/Cross vs IIconics did a non-title match and then title match a week later. Gives me the feeling that it might not be making it on the Backlash card. They could have easily built it out a little more, like IIconics interrupt MOB and then we get a non-title match the next week which sets up the title match for Backlash. If we don't see any kind of progression Monday i'm gonna lean towards it not being on that card

3801 - 3820 of 3939 Posts