Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,781 (Edited)
So at Backlash we're probably looking at

• Bliss & Cross vs IIconics
  • Asuka vs Nia
  • Bayley vs Dana Brooke
  • maybe Charlotte vs Rhea vs Io Shirai
... and thank God Kevin Owens is back. Raw needs him BADLY.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Think people are gonna be disappointed if they think they are breaking up anytime soon. I've given up thinking when it could happen and now when it happens it happens

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,784
Think people are gonna be disappointed if they think they are breaking up anytime soon. I've given up thinking when it could happen and now when it happens it happens

They don't necessarily have to turn on each other to be singles wrestlers again. Asuka and Kairi haven't turned on each other but Asuka does her thing as a singles wrestler. She even did when they were still tag champs. Sasha and Bayley haven't turned on each other yet but they haven't been a tag team. Bliss and Nikki can do the same. They can remain friends but still get out of the tag division.

I definitely think they're losing the belts at Backlash. The way they set up the storyline, the IIconics just made their comeback and the fact that they're the only real team left for Bliss and Cross to face... Yeah, the titles are changing hands at the PPV.

I'd assume they will let Charlotte and whoever main event Takeover: In Your House

Charlotte defending her NXT Title at an NXT show? That's a crazy idea. I'm almost certain as long as she has that belt it will be defended at main roster PPVs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
But the IIconics hinted at a breakup after the match, Billie slapped Peyton in the face. I really hope they don’t split them up, makes no chance, neither of them will be a good single wrestler.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,787
But the IIconics hinted at a breakup after the match, Billie slapped Peyton in the face. I really hope they don’t split them up, makes no chance, neither of them will be a good single wrestler.

No, that's not happening. They were just being dramatic and then they hugged it out. It was actually pretty funny.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah I hope after seeing the way Peyton snapped at the ending of the match means that they will develop some kind of mean streak, in order for them to become more “believable” champions.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,677 Posts
That Asuka and Kairi "championship celebration" promo... Brutal. I will never understand how or why people think what they're doing on the mic is great.
The only thing terrible right now is the constant promotion of Austin useless Theory.

BlissCross retaining by DQ might indicate The IIconics eventually winning the Titles soon though I hope not since both looked dead to rights out there tonight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The only thing terrible right now is the constant promotion of Austin useless Theory.

BlissCross retaining by DQ might indicate The IIconics eventually winning the Titles soon though I hope not since both looked dead to rights out there tonight.
I just want Alexa to be out of the tag team purgatory, I don’t hate The IIconics but I don’t care what will happen to them after they win the titles, same can be said about the titles.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,042 Posts
I just want Alexa to be out of the tag team purgatory, I don’t hate The IIconics but I don’t care what will happen to them after they win the titles, same can be said about the titles.
same, if they had actually put effort into creating a tag division we know Blissy would have made these titles worth it, but they haven't so the title is just a prop for her. she should be contending for the real belts after a year of screwing around in the mid card.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
That Asuka and Kairi "championship celebration" promo... Brutal. I will never understand how or why people think what they're doing on the mic is great.
Brutal yes. That segment proved only one thing. That Kairi can speak "better" English than Asuka. Should let her talk more often in English. I was actually enjoying it until Asuka showed up.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Why did she say she isn't going anywhere and is at home in that interview but she's hiking in the woods in California right now ? And this isn't me saying anything about her personal life, it's more she is saying stuff in interviews about being precautious but then she does something that contradicts it
Alexa Bliss:

“Everyone at WWE is being super careful, super cautious and super safe. Before we go on into the Performance Center, we have to have our temperatures checked, we have to get evaluated by a doctor. We have to sign a survey that says we haven’t traveled, we haven’t gone anywhere, that we don’t have any symptoms. We’re all wearing masks, we’re practicing social distancing. Everything is being cleaned to a medical-grade standard and keeping everyone safe is the main priority right now.”
So I wonder how that all fits in now. According to social media, many other wrestlers are traveling too. Did they break the rules, will they be allowed to wrestle? Will there be a quarantine period before they are let back into the building? I would assume the WWE just "wants to know", but in reality they don't really care one way or another. But going by what Alexa said, she made it look like it is a very important thing to not go anywhere or they wouldn't have you sign documents stating so. Look at how many times she says "super". Ha. Anyway, what's funny is that (and I really don't care at this point, people can do what they want it's their life) all of what she said there is for at the Performance Center/work. Everything else outside of work is fair game(rightfully so), it has been proven that she and many other wrestlers have been doing the complete opposite of the "work guidelines" in their non-work lives. Social media has proven it several times.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,794

I have nothing against the guy. Just seems like so many of these wrestlers coming up today who don't have any personality or charisma. All they have is their athleticism and in-ring work. To me Andrade is the same as Theory. The only difference is Andrade is dating the chick who's running the company so he has a better spot. Andrade, Theory, Murphy, Humberto Carillo, etc. They're basically all the same guy.

... but that's not the ONLY terrible thing right now. Asuka's promos are still awful and the people on social media who are like "OMG, I didn't understand a word she just said. That was amazing" are fucking idiots.

So I wonder how that all fits in now. According to social media, many other wrestlers are traveling too. Did they break the rules, will they be allowed to wrestle? Will there be a quarantine period before they are let back into the building?

Again, it's all PR bullshit. They made several wrestlers travel to a different state for the Money in the Bank matches. I don't give a shit if it was the corporate jet. They all got on a plane, traveled to a different state, came back and most of them were back to work at the next taping. All this stuff they're saying publicly is meaningless. It's all designed to appease the lunatics who want to shut down and destroy every single business, every single company.

Does anyone honestly think Bliss or any other wrestler would be traveling privately if they knew they could get in trouble with the company? Come on.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Again, it's all PR bullshit. They made several wrestlers travel to a different state for the Money in the Bank matches. I don't give a shit if it was the corporate jet. They all got on a plane, traveled to a different state, came back and most of them were back to work at the next taping. All this stuff they're saying publicly is meaningless. It's all designed to appease the lunatics who want to shut down and destroy every single business, every single company.

Does anyone honestly think Bliss or any other wrestler would be traveling privately if they knew they could get in trouble with the company? Come on.
Right. That's why I said they(WWE) don't care. It's just so the company looks good, like they are doing everything to be safe. I'm sure AEW is doing the same.

Btw, did you see AEW 2 weeks ago? (I missed last week) There were so many people around the ring and in the seats I lost count. It's the most I've seen so far.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

Bliss told Express Sport: "As a whole we are all very close and we are all pretty much family so we kind of all think the same thing but only few of us say it.

"But I think it's definitely something that hurt especially because we did welcome her with such open arms and we did accept her to the locker room and catered to every need that she needed.To kind of say what we do is fake is not fair. It's scripted, 100 per cent finish is scripted, but we tell people that. But don't say what we do is fake because that's just insulting.No one really talks about it anymore after that, it was kind of like we all said our piece and we moved on because we had other things to worry about. We didn't really dwell on it for too long."

The WWE Women's Tag Team Champion added when asked if the locker room would ever take the MMA legend back: Probably. That's the thing with the people that we work with. Whether we get along or not, we all work together and we all respect each other and we all get the job done.There's been people in the locker room that I haven't got along with but you have to think about it as you're travelling with people 300 days a year, we're all like sisters. It's like being in a family reunion every single day of your life. But you hash it out and you get over it and you work together and now we all get along great and we are all one big family. I think she may have some apologising to do because it was disrespectful and our company is built on respect. But I don't see why she wouldn't be welcome with open arms."

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
YT numbers for the women's Raw segments

Bliss/Cross vs IIconics 540k

Asuka's celebration 525k

Nia attacking Kairi 407k

Natalya vs Baszler 396k

Flair vs Riott 266k

They really think Charlotte is a draw. Literally putting her on every show this week, Raw, NXT, SD, even had her on The Bump. Got a bad feeling this is leading towards her holding all 3 women's belts probably not for long but just to give her that accolade

·
Registered
859 Posts
I wonder if Alexa Bliss will move on to acting eventually? I just get the sense that WWE aren’t going to push her as a singles wrestler again for some reason. It just seems like anyone but Alexa at this point Dana, Tamina, Lacey probably Mandy next like seriously the fact that WWE doesn’t see the money in Babyface Alexa is baffling especially with Becky not available for the long term.

solid wrestler
Great promo
Inspiration real life story
Team player
Sell merchandise
Likeable personality
Appeal to all demographics of the audience
And last but not least she’s stunning

Am I missing something?

3781 - 3800 of 3947 Posts