Wrestling Forum banner

3301 - 3320 of 4495 Posts

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,303
Happy BlissCross are Tag champs again and seriously their match was better than Becky/Shayna despite the lack of hype.

It was definitely better than Becky vs Shayna. The tag titles match also got almost twice as much time as Becky vs Shayna. I bet nobody would have predicted that before the show. A title that has been irrelevant/invisible for 95% of the time when Alexa didn't hold it, and yet she had a better spot on the card, more time and a better match than the Raw Women's Title. Not bad.

By the way, I could actually get used to 2 nights of Mania. I couldn't tell you if it's better for business when things eventually go back to normal, if they could fill a huge stadium 2 nights in a row, but as far as the viewing experience is concerned, 4 hours a night over 2 nights is much better than trying to get through 7 hours in one sitting. If you had something as amazing as Taker vs AJ main eventing a regular WrestleMania I probably would have been too exhausted to enjoy it as much as I did by the time the match started.

Favorite matches of the night

1) Undertaker vs AJ Styles, obviously
2) Rollins vs Owens
3) Morrison vs Jimmy Uso vs Kofi
4) Bliss & Cross vs Kabuki Warriors
5) Bryan vs Zayn
6) Becky vs Shayna
7) Cesaro vs Gulak
8) Elias vs Corbin
9) Goldberg vs Strowman

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It shouldn't but it's gonna annoy me when I see reviews/ratings and people have the Raw women's title match as better than the women's tag title match

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,306
It shouldn't but it's gonna annoy me when I see reviews/ratings and people have the Raw women's title match as better than the women's tag title match

Thank God I don't care about that horseshit. I don't need Dave Meltzer to tell me what I should or should not like.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Meltzer sees a drop kickathon 5 stars!!

Smoke and Mirrors yes. Objectively the Raw Woman’s title match. Was underwhelming. Another iffy finish. After SS. Becky Shayna were never going to main event Mania, either night.

Two nights works well. Quality over Quantity. Taker Styles was phenomenal. As the pacing was perfect. Cena Fiend I think should be in the same class.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,231 Posts
Congrats.
I am not so sure getting the belts again is such a good thing. That just says she will stay even longer with Nikki and this thing is boring meanwhile. Let`s see how the reign will be.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,309
Let`s see how the reign will be.

Better than your girl's run. But then again, that's not saying much. What will Asuka scream and yell about incoherently now that she's no longer tag champion and she just recently got done feuding with the Raw Women's Champion? Maybe she can wrestle Liv Morgan or Lana. That would be exciting.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,231 Posts
Better than your girl's run. But then again, that's not saying much. What will Asuka scream and yell about incoherently now that she's no longer tag champion and she just recently got done feuding with the Raw Women's Champion? Maybe she can wrestle Liv Morgan or Lana. That would be exciting.
Strange posting. Also you were one of the guys, who disliked Bliss getting the title in the first place. :D
Main event as tag team at a PPV vs. Charlynch will be difficult to beat in importance. First title run of BlissCross wasn`t that great btw. But if you are suddenly happy with her looking at Nikki with a frozen face, while Nikki plays up her wannabe crazy promo, enjoy!
Be cautious with opening the single wrestler comparison. It is not like Bliss had done anything as single wrestler in the last 2 years. She was dumped out by Ronda and never came back.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,105 Posts
felt like it went a bit long without the crowd but glad the best of all time finally got a wm title win! she was willing to take some bumps too.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
504 Posts
Strange posting. Also you were one of the guys, who disliked Bliss getting the title in the first place. :D
Main event as tag team at a PPV vs. Charlynch will be difficult to beat in importance. First title run of BlissCross wasn`t that great btw. But if you are suddenly happy with her looking at Nikki with a frozen face, while Nikki plays up her wannabe crazy promo, enjoy!
Be cautious with opening the single wrestler comparison. It is not like Bliss had done anything as single wrestler in the last 2 years. She was dumped out by Ronda and never came back.
well you could say the same about Asuka as far as singles goes.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,231 Posts
You should not forget I did not start this! I just wanted to see Alexa again as single wrestler.

well you could say the same about Asuka as far as singles goes.
Wait wait, are we watching different shows? :)
Asuka was on the single title scene again and again this and last year. She had a title match at RR match against Becky and another match against her afterwards. All of that happened this year. When had Bliss her last single title chance? Which single title feud she had? If you don`t like Asuka screaming, FINE, but she had another single title feud this year.
Asuka`s last single reign was last year, Alexa`s was two years ago and you know how it ended. Like I said: at this very moment is was strange by KC, comparing Alexa`s current single wrestling activity to any other woman wrestler. There are a lot of others, who had more to do with single wrestling scene than Alexa this and last year. And now Alexa is bound even more with the tag team belts. We better stop that here.
Don`t get me wrong. I got absolutly no problem if someone prefers tag team about her being a single wrestler. Changing your mind about something is possible. I liked the old Nikki as well. But then better stay away from such strange comparisons. :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
First off I wanna say, that was fantastic that they decided to remove all the seats in the arena. Super smart move. Brilliant. It felt "big".

Great match Alexa/Nikki vs Kabuki Warriors. Someone asked a couple days ago, favorite match. That was hands down my favorite "tag team" match Alexa has been in. It had back and forth, it was't rushed, you really didn't know who was gonna come out on top given the tide shifts. great overall. My favorite "non wrestling" part was the duo wave to Gronk and Mojo on Alexa/Nikki entrance. Cute.

The Becky Lynch match was blah. As expected. What wasn't expected was the win and weak ass rollup. Weak, just like last years WM. Becky is a joke.

And I laughed out loud when the "FACE OF COMPANY" was third of the night:

Alexa/Nikki match 15:05 minutes.

Becky match 8:30 minutes

As predicted. AJ Styles vs Undertaker burned the house down. As predicted before the "boneyard" match was announce, I said they were going to be fighting in a cemetery. Absolutely 100% the best thing WWE has done in the last 10 years. Thank you WWE, thank you AJ Styles, Thank you Undertaker. It literally saved WM 36, and it will make WM 36 memorable. Nobody is gonna be talking about anything else.

Can't wait to see what they got in store for "part 2" of WM. Gonna be tough to beat that AJ/Undertaker match.

Loved this spot:

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,315
Can't wait to see what they got in store for "part 2" of WM. Gonna be tough to beat that AJ/Undertaker match.

Nobody is gonna beat that. I just hope the Cena vs Wyatt thing won't be too silly. The thing that made this Boneyard match work for me was Undertaker being so fucking badass, every single thing he did. The entrance, the way he carried himself, the way he talked to AJ, etc. With this Firefly Funhouse Match you'll probably have Wyatt's characters like that stupid bunny attacking Cena and it could be fucking awful. I love Cena so I hope I'm wrong about this. We'll see.

And I laughed out loud when the "FACE OF COMPANY" was third of the night:

Alexa/Nikki match 15:05 minutes.

Becky match 8:30 minutes

Apparently the term "face of the company" has a different meaning now than it used to back in the day. 😂

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Ember said on her twitch stream Rollout season 3 was filmed. Wonder if that's what she doing with Alexa that week she was with her last month. iirc they filmed last season at the PC over 2 days.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,317
I just wanted to see Alexa again as single wrestler.

We all do eventually, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna shit all over everything 24/7 until it happens. Let her run with the tag titles while Bayley and Sasha fight over the SmackDown Women's Title and when that's done hopefully Bliss can get back into the singles title picture. Do I need to remind people that Bayley and Sasha were feuding with the Riott Squad for what felt like a whole year even before the tag titles existed while Bliss was on her run as Raw Women's Champion? If she's still in a tag team when WrestleMania Hollywood rolls around next year I'll be pissed but I don't think they'll be holding those titles for a year. I'm not gonna waste much more time over the next few months arguing with people who exclusively come in here to shit on the tag team stuff.

If I was a Becky fan I'd be fucking furious right now. Becky gets 8 minutes to defend her Raw Championship during the hottest run of her career. Charlotte gets almost half an hour to bury the NXT Champion. It's actually hilarious. It's Ric's daughter's world and everyone else just lives in it. 😂

Charlotte being the champion of the 4th most watched weekly wrestling show is hilarious, too, even though we all know she's gonna give it back right away. It's all about racking up as many titles and WrestleMania wins as possible after all.

By the way, they just promoted Money in the Bank for May 10th. Did they figure out a way to keep taping shows despite the stay at home order?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nobody is gonna beat that. I just hope the Cena vs Wyatt thing won't be too silly. The thing that made this Boneyard match work for me was Undertaker being so fucking badass, every single thing he did. The entrance, the way he carried himself, the way he talked to AJ, etc. With this Firefly Funhouse Match you'll probably have Wyatt's characters like that stupid bunny attacking Cena and it could be fucking awful. I love Cena so I hope I'm wrong about this. We'll see.

Apparently the term "face of the company" has a different meaning now than it used to back in the day. 😂
based on the Pics leaked. Seems more similar to the tone of the boneyard Match. Wyatt had experience in these kinda matches. And I’m hoping Fiend goes over.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,319
based on the Pics leaked. Seems more similar to the tone of the boneyard Match. Wyatt had experience in these kinda matches. And I’m hoping Fiend goes over.
Wyatt is going over. No need to worry about that.

I don't think Sonya/Mandy will break up. I think this was basically what was gonna happen last year before Charlotte cried about ESPN. Sonya is gonna profess her love to Mandy and they'll stay a tag team.
They're definitely done now.

·
Registered
646 Posts

• If I was a Becky fan I'd be fucking furious right now. Becky gets 8 minutes to defend her Raw Championship during the hottest run of her career. Charlotte gets almost half an hour to bury the NXT Champion. It's actually hilarious. It's Ric's daughter's world and everyone else just lives in it. 😂

Charlotte being the champion of the 4th most watched weekly wrestling show is hilarious, too, even though we all know she's gonna give it back right away. It's all about racking up as many titles and WrestleMania wins as possible after all.

By the way, they just promoted Money in the Bank for May 10th. Did they figure out a way to keep taping shows despite the stay at home order?
    On a forum I used to go to, one user would defend Charlotte no matter what. Saying stupid shit like Charlotte beating asuka is actually putting asuka over. I wonder how he'll spin this

3301 - 3320 of 4495 Posts