Wrestling Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3264 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
She has new gear for Mania
Ya saw Main Event Gear posted that. But then again she had gear made for WM last year that she didn't use and still hasn't. So just because she had it made doesn't really guarnatee she'll be able to use it but I hope she gets on the WM card.
But in that Q&A someone asked for a hint of it and their answer was "it's powerful"

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,202
lol Becky isnt main eventing. That ship sailed last year and it flopped.

Under normal circumstances there is no way that shit would have main evented but now that there is no audience who can tell Baszler how fucking boring she is they could actually get away with it. 😂

This is going to be a super rare thing for me to say.

To be clear, I'm NOT talking about the matches themselves, NOT talking about the talent, NOT talking about storylines, etc... But AEW's presentation and handling of a no crowd show was way better than WWE this week. Sorry, I have to give credit where credit is due. I'm sitting there going, why didn't WWE do this at the PC center(or wherever) Apparently, AEW watched WWE's 2 shows, had a meeting, and said how do we beat that? Well they beat it. The arena was better, it was outside....the camera placement was better, they lowered the lights a little, had a few wrestlers as people in the crowd. Even though basically nobody was there, it felt "bigger".

Last week I asked how they got away with putting a shitload of people in the arena to create some kind of atmosphere but I guess somebody had a conversation with the good folks at AEW. This week they had the same setup as WWE. Rather than 20+ people outside the ring making noise it was just the guys in the ring.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
The Elimination Chamber stuff was stupid, but that was one pre-recorded promo by Lacey and one by Sheamus. It wasn't a storyline they had built over several weeks so it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare those situations.
No, I wasn't comparing the two situations. I was giving an example of complete and utter failure within WWE to deliver a straightforward message to the viewer. It screams incompetence. Everything can't go right 100% of time. This is understandable in this buisness. Stuff happens. But WWE has been off the charts lately. Well before the pandemic situation.

Last week I asked how they got away with putting a shitload of people in the arena to create some kind of atmosphere but I guess somebody had a conversation with the good folks at AEW. This week they had the same setup as WWE. Rather than 20+ people outside the ring making noise it was just the guys in the ring.
Oh yeah? I didn't watch this week yet. Guess AEW got new restrictions. Now I did watch NXT. They held it at Full Sail this week. Looked good, better than the PC setup imo. They had 7 matches last night! While I wouldn't be opposed for everyone just shutting down completely for safety reasons. (show repeats on TV for a few weeks) I will say NXT seemed to go on as "normal". They even premiered a new tag team, and at the end Killer Kross hint/promo to close out the show. Was actually surprised by that. Surprised that they would start introducing "new people" and storylines given the uncertainty situation going on.

And I will say this. Maybe it's just me, but I'm sorta getting used to the no crowd thing already. It's feeling "normal" now. Like this is how it's gonna be for a while, might as well embrace it. I can only imagine WM probably won't be so bad. By next week, after seeing another two SD's, one more RAW, and one more NXT. My mindset will be ready. Plus WM could be interesting, probably gonna get a couple of remote location matches. I'll bet the AJ Styles vs Undertaker could be one. Watch it be outside in a fake cemetery, something like that.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
So it's Powerline? I mean it's only her favorite character, in her favorite movie which she probably watches at least once a week and she owns more shirts of that than she has had shirts released by wwe
That's a good guess.

In another note. I just realized. Are Miz/Morrison gonna get a match at WM? and where's Braun? He's been missing on TV lately.(then again a lot of people have been) Not missing on social media that's for sure, just talking about SD.

Wow.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,818 Posts
That's a good guess.

In another note. I just realized. Are Miz/Morrison gonna get a match at WM? and where's Braun? He's been missing on TV lately.(then again a lot of people have been) Not missing on social media that's for sure, just talking about SD.
About Braun i wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a massive setback for his lack of empathy towards poor people.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,209
About Braun i wouldn't be surprised if he's getting a massive setback for his lack of empathy towards poor people.

Yes, I'm sure Vince will stop using him because he basically told people to "pull themselves up by their own bootstraps". He'd have to throw out every conservative in the locker room, including himself. Are you fucking serious? 😂

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
news coming out Reigns asked out of WM and some others that were on the WM card didn't wrestle, anyone that felt sick, had a temperature above 100.4 or simply didn't want to come didn't wrestle

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,211
news coming out Reigns asked out of WM and some others that were on the WM card didn't wrestle, anyone that felt sick, had a temperature above 100.4 or simply didn't want to come didn't wrestle

With Roman battling leukemia not too long ago it definitely makes sense. I just don't understand why nobody thought of that until it was time to tape Mania. Strowman replacing him would probably make sense. He's over (don't care about those whiny little bitches on twitter), a credible opponent for Goldberg and he had nothing going on at Mania.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,818 Posts
Yes, I'm sure Vince will stop using him because he basically told people to "pull themselves up by their own bootstraps". He'd have to throw out every conservative in the locker room, including himself. Are you fucking serious? 😂
Braun's underwhelming career in WWE already speaks for itself he isn't special to the brass otherwise he'd be a multi time World Champion, If it meant being bitched out to lower Midcard talent then so be it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm a little confused, though. Didn't they already tape Mania today or yesterday? I thought all that shit had to be done because that stay at home order in Orlando kicked in tonight at 11.
i'd guess Reigns told them before it was gonna be taped which still allowed them to do a match

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,216
i'd guess Reigns told them before it was gonna be taped which still allowed them to do a match

No, I get that. I meant if the show is already taped and they know Reigns didn't wrestle, wouldn't they also know who replaced him? Why would it just be a rumor that it's Strowman?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
This coming Tuesday we will finally get to see the one episode of Lilly Singh we have been waiting for.
This has been you for last month. :) ... thanks for the info.

I'm a little confused, though. Didn't they already tape Mania today or yesterday? I thought all that shit had to be done because that stay at home order in Orlando kicked in tonight at 11.
And why wasn't it taped right after the signing last Friday. Should have got that over with during the weekend. You had both of them there, Reigns and Goldberg. This is way odd. Not odd that someone with Reigns health not wanting to be there. Not disputing that. I wouldn't want to be there either. But SD was live last week, and just now he's deciding to not be there knowing full well there would be taping in advance? Somehow I'm not believing this rumor just yet. Doesn't add up.

3201 - 3220 of 3264 Posts