Wrestling Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3264 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Don't you think WWE would be aware of that? If they knew Kairi isn't in the US right now or couldn't come back in time for Mania they wouldn't still be pushing the tag titles feud on TV. Bliss vs Asuka was pretty much the main advertised match for next week's SmackDown. That would be pointless if the tag titles match wasn't happening.

People are probably just speculating why Kairi hasn't been on TV the last couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean anything. Since the shutdown 4 of the 6 women announced for the SmackDown Women's Title match haven't been on TV, either.
Well. Like everyone is saying. WWE has NOT announced the Tag Tiles "yet". So, who knows at this point.

In that 6 pack for the Women's title. Amazing Tamina & Dana got to be in that. Amazing in the sense that I semi predicted that over a month ago. I also predicted Alexa & Carmella would be a part of it. So I was way off with those two.

Dont expect any leaks, unfortunately. Only wwe personnel
Why would we want leaks in the first place?

We want zero spoilers on this thread, nobody is interested in that. We don't even want any posts with "spoiler tags" masking. Keep that stuff away 100%. Go put that in another thread if a person desperately needs the adulations.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Don't you think WWE would be aware of that? If they knew Kairi isn't in the US right now or couldn't come back in time for Mania they wouldn't still be pushing the tag titles feud on TV. Bliss vs Asuka was pretty much the main advertised match for next week's SmackDown. That would be pointless if the tag titles match wasn't happening.

People are probably just speculating why Kairi hasn't been on TV the last couple of weeks, but that doesn't mean anything. Since the shutdown 4 of the 6 women announced for the SmackDown Women's Title match haven't been on TV, either.
But couldn't they have just had Asuka beat Alexa at the taping and that would be a way to explain why no tag title match? I wouldn't at all put it past WWE to have Alexa lose even though WWE's standard booking says Alexa should go over in the match (Asuka attacked Alexa and caused Bliss/Cross to lose. Alexa gets payback by beating Asuka. Standard 50/50 WWE booking) . I don't know i'm just suspicious since they haven't actually announced the tag match

·
Registered
501 Posts
But couldn't they have just had Asuka beat Alexa at the taping and that would be a way to explain why no tag title match? I wouldn't at all put it past WWE to have Alexa lose even though WWE's standard booking says Alexa should go over in the match (Asuka attacked Alexa and caused Bliss/Cross to lose. Alexa gets payback by beating Asuka. Standard 50/50 WWE booking) . I don't know i'm just suspicious since they haven't actually announced the tag match
After what we have seen so far in the build-up, why should they already have annouced the match for WM? I mean we had Asuka interfere and Alexa challenging her. We know that some matches are made after far less interaction, but in this case, especially with the match this coming Friday, it would make no sense at all to make the match official now.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,165

The tag titles feud is one of the most consistently featured stories on TV over the last 3 weeks. You really think they did that so the payoff would be Asuka beating Alexa clean on SmackDown 8 days before Mania? Stop. Either Alexa beats her or there is some sort of non-finish/DQ, either with Kairi interfering or Asuka doing something illegal. There is no chance in hell this feud ends on Friday.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
This kind of shit right here only strengthens my feeling that the tag title match isn't happening

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,167
This kind of shit right here only strengthens my feeling that the tag title match isn't happening

I really don't understand what you're talking about. First you were freaking out during SmackDown for no reason. Now supposedly the tag titles match isn't happening because they're announcing some other matches with people who currently aren't on TV on social media. You also put out this fake rumor about Bliss being back in LA a few days ago. Just relax, man. If WrestleMania doesn't get cancelled Bliss & Nikki will get their title match.

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
Stop working yourself up, man. It isn't usually a good thing when they announce matches before feuds even start, it's lazy filler booking. Just look at the matches that haven't been announced yet Orton/Edge still hasn't been officially announced. Miz and Morrison's opponents are being determined by a #1 contender match this week. Bryan/Zayn have had a storyline the last couple of weeks and that's still being built with the Nakamura/Gulak match this week.. Bliss/Cross vs Kabuki Warriors is a storyline. The storyline has been Alexa calling out Kabuki Warriors for a title match and she wanted a match with Asuka for attacking her. I gotta think if there wasn't plans for it, they wouldn't have had Alexa call out Asuka and book a match 2 weeks out from WM. They taped 2 episodes of Smackdown, so there is another episode after the Alexa/Asuka match episode. They'll probably have the Kabuki Warriors attack them on that episode and do the standing tall on the go-home thing and then Alexa/Nikki win the belts at WM.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,169
Stop working yourself up, man. It isn't usually a good thing when they announce matches before feuds even start, it's lazy filler booking.

Like I said, the tag titles story is way better than what they've done with the SD Women's Title. That doesn't change even if they announce the match the day before Mania. I'll take an actual feud over Paige announcing random challengers via skype every single time.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Why did they phrase it "settle the score", makes it seem like this is just an Alexa vs Asuka feud and nothing to do with the tag titles

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
There's 10 matches set "so far" for WM. One was announced tonight at RAW. Zero build. Came out of nowhere. Yet we still sit waiting for the women's tag titles match. Which had build for over three weeks.

They must be scrambling for a reason. Sane no show. Asuka just there, now this match for Friday. Sure, tag teams matches have single matches before hand, we've seen it a thousand times. Will have to wait until Friday, then the next Friday after that. But it sure is odd, that's all I'm saying.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,172 (Edited)
Why did they phrase it "settle the score", makes it seem like this is just an Alexa vs Asuka feud and nothing to do with the tag titles

Kayla Braxton on SmackDown: "Alexa & Nikki, you've made it clear that you want to face the Kabuki Warriors for the women's tag team championships."
The Bump earlier that day: "Alexa, you've talked about how the Kabuki Warriors are never defending their titles..."

Yeah, definitely sounds like this is not leading to a women's tag titles match at Mania. I give up, man. Believe whatever y'all want to believe. 😂

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
They clearly are intending to have a WM match.

SD 3/6- Alexa calls out Kabuki Warriors

Raw 3/9- Kabuki Warriors mention Alexa

SD 3/13- Asuka attacks Alexa

Raw 3/16 Asuka on commentary asked about attacking Alexa

SD 3/20 Alexa calls out Asuka and wants a match for attacking her. Match gets set for next week.

Now I don't know anything about Kairi Sane's deal but the clear intention has been for there to be a tag title match at WM.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,174
Now I don't know anything about Kairi Sane's deal but the clear intention has been for there to be a tag title match at WM.

I go by what I see on TV, not by some nonsensical rumor on some forum. As of 3 days ago they're cleary and obviously setting up a tag titles match at WrestleMania. If they knew Kairi couldn't make it we would have heard nothing about the tag titles, just like we didn't hear shit about those titles since TLC in December. They would have dropped the whole thing and never mentioned it again as soon as they found out Kairi was in Japan and can't get back to the US. To keep building it and then blowing it off with a singles match on SmackDown is a ridiculous idea. Kairi not being on TV the last 2 weeks doesn't mean shit because a lot of people who are already booked for Mania haven't been on TV. Nobody is questioning if the SmackDown Women's Title match is happening, despite the fact that 4 of the 6 women involved haven't been on TV since the shutdown (I think Tamina hasn't been on TV since 2012). Nobody is asking why they had Paige skyping in rather than having Lacey, Naomi, Dana or Tamina cut promos on Bayley.

Sometimes things are just as simple as they seem. The finish of Friday's match will lead to the tag titles match being announced. Gulak will beat Nakamura leading to a Bryan vs Zayn IC title match (not sure if Strowman gets in there, but Bryan and Zayn will wrestle for the belt). End of story.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
They clearly are intending to have a WM match.

SD 3/6- Alexa calls out Kabuki Warriors

Raw 3/9- Kabuki Warriors mention Alexa

SD 3/13- Asuka attacks Alexa

Raw 3/16 Asuka on commentary asked about attacking Alexa

SD 3/20 Alexa calls out Asuka and wants a match for attacking her. Match gets set for next week.

First off, everyone here on the thread knows this already. Nobody is questioning any of that. The WWE hasn't shifted their message at all. Alexa hasn't shilfted her message at all. The question, is the WHY? and WHERE? Why is Sane absent and where is she? Second, what is that's supposed to mean? "Now I don't know anything about Kairi Sane's deal" What are you implying? She's gonna be replaced? What are you saying?

FYI, As of today. Sane has been basically silent on social media regarding anything surrounding tag team titles or what Asuka is doing(except for a "like" on the singles match). Meanwhile Asuka is tweeting about WWE and Alexa and SD constantly. Sane isn't injured. There's zero reason why she couldn't be at any of these SD's. Or do a taped segment with Asuka about the tag challenge. Interesting how Nikki is basically staying out of the equation too. She got the mic taken away from her last week. WHY? It's a tag team, it's a DUO. They work together. She's not saying anything about tag titles on social media either. Just supporting Alexa. I will repeat it yet again. We will see what will happen on Friday and next Friday. See if Sane shows up. If she does, great. Until then, it's all very odd. 10 matches are offical, yet the women's tag match which has a story build for over three weeks is not offical yet. But they are throwing together matches that nobody even wanted or have any story build. Nobody knows what's going on. NOBODY.

And the other WHY? and WHERE? Why isn't Carmella in the 6 woman match. Why is Tamina in it? And Where is she? For that matter where is Cory Graves? Neither have been on TV either. Maybe they just don't want Carmella to be in the match, maybe she has refused to work, There's a reason. We just don't know yet.

And while we're at it. Another WHY? Why is Dana Brooke now out of the 6 women match? They only show FIVE women now. Rumor going around she's sick. I hate unofficial rumors. meanwhile she's posting working out videos every two seconds this week.

I'm telling everyone. They are changing things on the fly faster than you can image. There's a reason why the women's tag match hasn't been announced. They are scrambling. Something is going on.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
does she mean quarantine quarantine or just what everyone else is doing, the social distancing/isolation stuff

Click Above to Play ⇧

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts

View attachment 84208
I read this, you left out out this part

Asuka has accepted, and the stage is set for two of WWE’s most decorated Superstars to clash this Friday. Will Bliss get retribution against Asuka, or will The Empress silence Bliss? And will their respective partners factor into the outcome?

First off, everyone here on the thread knows this already. Nobody is questioning any of that. The WWE hasn't shifted their message at all. Alexa hasn't shilfted her message at all. The question, is the WHY? and WHERE? Why is Sane absent and where is she? Second, what is that's supposed to mean? "Now I don't know anything about Kairi Sane's deal" What are you implying? She's gonna be replaced? What are you saying?

FYI, As of today. Sane has been basically silent on social media regarding anything surrounding tag team titles or what Asuka is doing(except for a "like" on the singles match). Meanwhile Asuka is tweeting about WWE and Alexa and SD constantly. Sane isn't injured. There's zero reason why she couldn't be at any of these SD's. Or do a taped segment with Asuka about the tag challenge. Interesting how Nikki is basically staying out of the equation too. She got the mic taken away from her last week. WHY? It's a tag team, it's a DUO. They work together. She's not saying anything about tag titles on social media either. Just supporting Alexa. I will repeat it yet again. We will see what will happen on Friday and next Friday. See if Sane shows up. If she does, great. Until then, it's all very odd. 10 matches are offical, yet the women's tag match which has a story build for over three weeks is not offical yet. But they are throwing together matches that nobody even wanted or have any story build. Nobody knows what's going on. NOBODY.

And the other WHY? and WHERE? Why isn't Carmella in the 6 woman match. Why is Tamina in it? And Where is she? For that matter where is Cory Graves? Neither have been on TV either. Maybe they just don't want Carmella to be in the match, maybe she has refused to work, There's a reason. We just don't know yet.

And while we're at it. Another WHY? Why is Dana Brooke now out of the 6 women match? They only show FIVE women now. Rumor going around she's sick. I hate unofficial rumors. meanwhile she's posting working out videos every two seconds this week.

I'm telling everyone. They are changing things on the fly faster than you can image. There's a reason why the women's tag match hasn't been announced. They are scrambling. Something is going on.
This is all based on some fan speculation. You know the other explanation for Kairi Sane not being on tv is that she wasn't needed and right now WWE is trying to have as minimal of people as they can at these tapings.. You only needed Asuka to attack Alexa and only Asuka for that commentary spot. Asuka wasn't on SD last week or Raw last night does that now mean she's not around? If this was now just Alexa/Asuka that promo Alexa did last week would have been different, Nikki wouldn't have been there and they wouldn't have had Kayla Braxton mention the tag titles.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
This is all based on some fan speculation. You know the other explanation for Kairi Sane not being on tv is that she wasn't needed and right now WWE is trying to have as minimal of people as they can at these tapings.. You only needed Asuka to attack Alexa and only Asuka for that commentary spot. Asuka wasn't on SD last week or Raw last night does that now mean she's not around? If this was now just Alexa/Asuka that promo Alexa did last week would have been different, Nikki wouldn't have been there and they wouldn't have had Kayla Braxton mention the tag titles.
Asuka was on that commentary spot because they needed someone to make noise. Well that's what Lawyer said anyway. Asuka not being there on SD last week. Like you said, she wasn't needed. Alexa and Nikki were. They continued the story with their backstage interview. As far as Kayla mentioning this or that. I just want to say Lacey and Shemus both mentioned their specific Elimination Chambers and promoed them. Neither of those two things happened. And there was no virus scare then. Both EC matches were scrapped with out any reason whatsoever. So factor that in.

does she mean quarantine quarantine or just what everyone else is doing, the social distancing/isolation stuff

Click Above to Play ⇧
Not sure. The word "quarantine" was also used by Carmela last week and today on her social media. Both could be using the word in the wrong way. Or they were instructed by WWE to stay at home until WM. Maybe the entire roster was given this blanket instruction. So they chose to use that word, because that's how they feel. "locked in"

I will say this though. All RAW's and SD's for the next two weeks were taped already this past weekend. So take that into consideration too. Maybe something happened between then and now. Maybe someone tested positive. Everyone told to stay home.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,179
For fuck's sake, everyone is using the word quarantine to describe the fact that they have to stay at home and shouldn't leave the house. That doesn't mean she tested positive or someone close to her did. Jesus Christ, this place is becoming worse than reddit.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
For fuck's sake, everyone is using the word quarantine to describe the fact that they have to stay at home and shouldn't leave the house. That doesn't mean she tested positive or someone close to her did. Jesus Christ, this place is becoming worse than reddit.
First off to get this out of the way. We are DISCUSSING it. NOT accusing anybody of anything or attacking anyone from the WWE.

Back to the subject at hand. Incorrect. I'm staying at home when I can after work. My governor has issued a state lockdown of all non essential businesses. But guess what? I'm NOT in quarantined. You don't use that word unless you are .... QUARANTINED. If I was exposed to a person infected or had the an infectious disease myself I would be quarantined to a specific location. Like my home. or in a hospital, away from healthy people. Understand? Regardless, I or you or anybody else can't tell people how they wish to use words. The fact is she said it. Speculation is all we can do. But I'll ask you this. Is Dana not quarantined? Is Rey Mysterio not quarantined? Is Carmella not quarantined? Is Cory Graves not quarantined? Why do they get a pass? Are they all perfectly healthy?

3161 - 3180 of 3264 Posts