Wrestling Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2438 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
About the entrances, that is mostly because of having only 2 hours. Of course, if you want to, you can construct something negative out of it, but you don't have to. If all 4 or 5 got their entrance we would have had a 5 minute match about which people would have been upset even more. Naomi has the most interesting entrance and that is why they went with her. As a reward she got pinned. Can't imagine the uproar, if somebody else, let's say Alexa, had to eat it.

Well the role of a fan is to be optimistic not constantly jumping on and off the bandwagon. Look we need to look at worst case scenario. Worst case was Bliss was eating the pin. She Diddnt. Naomi did. Bayleys opponent at Saudi Arabia. Would just be a filler feud. Before she faces Sasha at WM. Which is kinda obvious where it’s heading. Would a filler feud be better then what Alexa currently receiving? Hell yes. But ultimately it would lead no where. Bayley we’ll most likely squash Mella. And as far as Bliss goes. Prob winning the tag belts back on the kickoff show at Mania .
Any confirmation for this? I don't think so and if it is going to happen there, I'm pretty sure we won't know until that day.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
It was absolutely nothing. Just a little something to make a few viewers think Alexa would win. I didn't buy it for one second.
Really? Nah, she was saying she had something twisted up her sleeve and looking off to the right with a camera close up. It was a major stress point, that she would do something in the match that help her win. And edge above the other women. She even said about becoming the first SD/RAW champ with it. She was talking about cheating. Classic heel promo.

About the entrances, that is mostly because of having only 2 hours. Of course, if you want to, you can construct something negative out of it, but you don't have to. If all 4 or 5 got their entrance we would have had a 5 minute match about which people would have been upset even more. Naomi has the most interesting entrance and that is why they went with her. As a reward she got pinned. Can't imagine the uproar, if somebody else, let's say Alexa, had to eat it.
If you been following WWE for the last few years(actually even longer) you would notice they short change the Women's entrances. Just a fact. Ever watch a PPV and ever so conveniently they do the International Announcer Teams while Women come down the ramp? Yep, it happens all the time. Ever see a woman's entrance get interrupted by a Snickers ad plastered right over the screen. Of course you have. All 5 (including Bayley) would have took 2 min. Big deal. If it's a problem, then cut some of the guys match by 20 seconds a piece. Problem solved.

There was zero excuse. Zero. You show all entrances in full or you don't have any. Its that simple. 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours... dosen't make a difference. And this goes for the guys too. But it dosen't happen to them nearly as much as the women. The entrance of any wrestler male/female is their introduction to the crowd. Wrestling 101. They work hard on that. Show the dam things.

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you been following WWE for the last few years(actually even longer) you would notice they short change the Women's entrances. Just a fact. Ever watch a PPV and ever so conveniently they do the International Announcer Teams while Women come down the ramp? Yep, it happens all the time. Ever see a woman's entrance get interrupted by a Snickers ad plastered right over the screen. Of course you have. All 5 (including Bayley) would have took 2 min. Big deal. If it's a problem, then cut some of the guys match by 20 seconds a piece. Problem solved.
Never noticed that, especially the announcers thing happens at men's matches also. But since we are working on a study (non-PPV atm) anyway, we might gonna add the entrances to the sample size, if we find anything peculiar.

There was zero excuse. Zero. You show all entrances in full or you don't have any. Its that simple. 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours... dosen't make a difference. And this goes for the guys too. But it dosen't happen to them nearly as much as the women. The entrance of any wrestler male/female is their introduction to the crowd. Wrestling 101. They work hard on that. Show the dam things.

Time is an excuse, because it's limited. Action over entrances is what matters to me and probably most people. Like I said, the outcry wpuld have been bigger, if they cut the match to a bare mininum. The talent had their moment in the arena and got introduced properly, we just didnt get to see it.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,818 Posts
i'd rather they just keep her in the tag scene than throw her in the battle royal at wm. clearly face Blissy getting a singles run is unlikely for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,326
Why are these iTunes rock charts (both US & UK) almost exclusively made up of old school 80s & 90s stuff? 😂

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,328
Some of the best times in music my friend. Like a rainbow in the dark!

I know it's great stuff. I love Springsteen, but I still don't understand how Dancing in the Dark can be at the top of any chart in 2020. Sure, it's mostly pop, rap and K-pop these days, but there must be a few current rock acts who can outsell 20- or 30-year old songs.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know it's great stuff. I love Springsteen, but I still don't understand how Dancing in the Dark can be at the top of any chart in 2020. Sure, it's mostly pop, rap and K-pop these days, but there must be a few current rock acts who can outsell 20- or 30-year old songs.
It kinda makes sense, newly realesed songs make the top of the genre charts and then it's back to the classics which are still being discovered by new fans and downloaded by new fans and old fans alike. I mean the US top 40 almost exclusively consits of acts that are either in the HoF or one day will be enshrined. And of course these songs are also popular with many people who aren't fans at all, but like that one certain song, the downloads add-up.

Apart from that, I once read the nobody but Apple exactly knows how the iTunes charts are calculated and that there are algorithms besides song downloads, Stuff like play counts, playlist representation, reviews supposedly factors in.

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
in Rock? Nah. Springsteen has a huge fanbase so a song like that is always gonna get bought because it's a classic Springsteen song. Current day rock scene, some just released stuff will make it to #1, much like the Bliss song made it to #1 in UK but there is rarely lasting power of the initial bump on release. So it's why you will always see old classic rock songs on the itunes charts

If you look at Billboard's rock digital sales charts for this week, AC/DC's Thunderstruck is at #9

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,332
Even freakin MVP can come back after 10 years and still have a way nicer setup for his talk show than Alexa.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,333
If I had known that #1 contender match was about a title shot the next week on a random SmackDown with zero build up I wouldn't even have rooted for Bliss. Unless they do some kind of non-finish to set up a re-match at Elimination Chamber this is nothing. I'm not sure where they're going with this.

So, if Carmella loses decisively on Friday, then what? Naomi at Elimination Chamber? And then you only have 4 weeks to turn Sasha babyface and build Bayley vs Sasha for Mania. Seems a little rushed to me, especially considering that the NXT Title match was announced 2 months before Mania and they already started the Raw title feud for Mania tonight. If only they had started the Bayley-Sasha stuff way sooner and hadn't buried Bliss in the tag division. SmackDown really could have had something this year, but of course they had to fuck it up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I had known that #1 contender match was about a title shot the next week on a random SmackDown with zero build up I wouldn't even have rooted for Bliss. Unless they do some kind of non-finish to set up a re-match at Elimination Chamber this is nothing. I'm not sure where they're going with this.

So, if Carmella loses decisively on Friday, then what? Naomi at Elimination Chamber? And then you only have 4 weeks to turn Sasha babyface and build Bayley vs Sasha for Mania. Seems a little rushed to me, especially considering that the NXT Title match was announced 2 months before Mania and they already started the Raw title feud for Mania tonight. If only they had started the Bayley-Sasha stuff way sooner and hadn't buried Bliss in the tag division. SmackDown really could have had something this year, but of course they had to fuck it up.
I think you're dead on with Carmella. If it isn't a non-finish it will be a DQ either from Bayley or Sasha. Maybe they will set up a MOB the following week with Carmella as guest to complain over said non-finish, enter Naomi, Lacey, with a touch of jobber Brooke and you have yourself an Elimination Chamber match, with the Goddess as well of course!

Have Sasha come to the aid of Bayley and state that if either one of them wants a shot they need to go through her at EC. It all comes down to Sasha and Alexa as the final two competitors with Alexa going over.

The Goddess vs. The Queen of the Nile

I still want to believe damn it!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,338
Yeah, we forget. WWE had to obviously clear the name use.

I'm not really sure how that works. If BFS just wanted to write a song about her and release it I don't see how Vince could stop that, but I guess with Alexa being actively involved in the video they probably had to give their permission.

Those guys can dream on about playing it at WrestleMania, though. I can't remember WWE ever bringing in a music act to perform in an empty stadium on the kickoff show. That shit is reserved for big matches only, like Joan Jett coming in for Ronda last year or Living Colour playing Cult of Personality when Punk wrestled Undertaker. That's not happening for kickoff show tag team matches.

Have Sasha come to the aid of Bayley and state that if either one of them wants a shot they need to go through her at EC. It all comes down to Sasha and Alexa as the final two competitors with Alexa going over.

The Goddess vs. The Queen of the Nile

I still want to believe damn it!

I think there is a better chance of aliens landing in the stadium during Mania. 😂

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I'm not really sure how that works. If BFS just wanted to write a song about her and release it I don't see how Vince could stop that, but I guess with Alexa being actively involved in the video they probably had to give their permission.

Those guys can dream on about playing it at WrestleMania, though. I can't remember WWE ever bringing in a music act to perform in an empty stadium on the kickoff show. That shit is reserved for big matches only, like Joan Jett coming in for Ronda last year or Living Colour playing Cult of Personality when Punk wrestled Undertaker. That's not happening for kickoff show tag team matches.
You really think "if", they have a tag match for titles it will be on the kickoff show? Plus the kickoff show on WM is actually very well packed. Especially if it's the last match they show before the main show. Last year for example they had 4 matches. The very first match the crowd was 80% full already. So I'm not sure where you're getting the "empty stadium" idea from. Sure anything can happen this year, but WM, the stadium is full on kickoff.

Very first match last year WM:

Next match later: The place is packed. Bottom tier in full. Still two more matches to go that night.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,340
You really think "if", they have a tag match for titles it will be on the kickoff show?

Yes. The Raw, SmackDown and NXT Title matches will be on the main card and they will all get 15-20 minutes (unless Sasha is injured and Naomi takes her spot). No chance of getting a fourth women's match on top of all that, certainly not a women's match for a title WWE don't care about.

2321 - 2340 of 2438 Posts