Wrestling Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1046 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
If Goldberg is next for Reigns, we at least know why they cancelled Reigns vs the Fiend for now.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
The timing is very odd, by the way. I know they have their "season premiere" tonight, but Roman is wrestling Jey Uso at the PPV and then it's off to Survivor Series. If they want to build Reigns vs Goldberg for WrestleMania again they better not even think about letting this old motherfucker win the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Winning the RR would be way too much effort. If they want to do it, either one of them will just hold a promo and claim that title match.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Winning the RR would be way to much effort.
Not really. Doesn't take much effort creatively for WWE or physically for Goldberg. If he only works the Royal Rumble (chilling in the corner most of the match, hitting a couple of spears and tossing some dudes over the top rope) and then the match at Mania... I could easily see them doing that.

·
Registered
609 Posts
It is not like it is too much effort to come up with something, there is simply no need for it at all. Remember how Reigns got his shot this year? Just came out and claimed it and since it didn't take place, they can always refer to that unfinished business and save the RR win for somebody else..

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
I just remembered Bray's tweet from this morning, hours before Goldberg made his announcement. Throwing shade? Coincidence? Could he get involved after all (even though I don't know how or why)?

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,721 Posts
Nobody is saying Alexa isn't as good a AJ. Alexa is better imo. Plus if AJ Lee was given an over the top gimmick like Alexa has right now instead of just the chick that kissed guys and acted like a crazy girlfriend. Nobody would be talking about AJ Lee. In fact the only reason why we even talk about her now, is her connection with Punk. This was AJ in a nutshell, her bouncy skip walk down to the ring and promo work. I can barely remember one match she had. Al I can see in my head is her finisher, submission move. No matches though. I would have to go back and watch some.
Plenty of people think AJ is better than Alexa lol. AJ is an obvious future hall of famer. It's not a knock to be below her in the acting department. The notion that people talk about her because of Punk is ridiculous. She worked with the guy for a couple months nearly a year before her long title run. People weren't chanting "CM Punk" at her until after she took her break after Wrestlemania to marry the guy after he retired. That was only because people looked for any reason to chant for Punk.

The reasons we will ever talk about her now is the same as any popular legend, about any rumors of a possible return, especially since she is BY FAR the most popular woman who hasn't been seen in the past few years. It has absolutely nothing to do with Punk, and the last time their careers on-screen have even had any interactions were the occasional ones when she was GM. You really should stop underestimating how good AJ was, when just the previous page you admitted to not even remembering what she was doing.

As for matches, she only got to have a handful of memorable matches because of the bs way WWE ran women's matches back then. There were only a couple times where she was given 10 or more minutes to work a match on TV. Given also the fact that, outside of Natalya, the majority of her time spent on the main roster were surrounded by trash workers will lead to not having many possible good matches. How much can you really expect when the roster is filled with women like Cameron, Rosa Mendez, & Eva Marie?

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
So watched the opening few minutes of SD, apparently the hierarchy of the women's division now is Sasha/Bayley, Bianca Belair and......Zelina

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
So watched the opening few minutes of SD, apparently the hierarchy of the women's division now is Sasha/Bayley, Bianca Belair and......Zelina
That's what it is. 2 top girls, 1 potential top girl in Bianca, an over the hill veteran in Nattie, Carmella and the rest have all been jobbers pretty much their whole career. The "A-Show" has the 3rd best women's division in WWE.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
In the Raw promo aired during SmackDown they advertised a new Firefly Fun House for Monday so maybe we'll get a better idea of who they'll be going after post-Hell in a Cell. I assume Bray won't talk about leading Team Raw to victory at Survivor Series.

·
Queen of all Galaxies
4,104 Posts
SmackDown is dead without Alexa Bliss and The Fiend. I just watched tonight's show and it was garbage, Lars Sullivan beating Jeff Hardy, some skippable tag team matches, a pointless Daniel Bryan return leading to more Seth Rollins vs. The Mysterios and finally Braun Strowman looking like crap and tapping out in the main event.

I'll only watch The Fiend and Alexa's Raw segments from now on.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
SmackDown is dead without Alexa Bliss and The Fiend. I just watched tonight's show and it was garbage, Lars Sullivan beating Jeff Hardy, some skippable tag team matches, a pointless Daniel Bryan return leading to more Seth Rollins vs. The Mysterios and finally Braun Strowman looking like crap and tapping out in the main event.
Fake Brock being in the first match of the big season premiere was really telling. Roman and Sasha will develop back issues pretty quickly trying to carry this show on their own.

I told y'all SmackDown got fucked in the draft. Now think about the fact that Strowman, Jeff Hardy, Kofi, Xavier Woods and Sheamus, who were all on tonight's show, will be gone next week, so it's only gonna get worse. They gave away their best act in The Fiend, gutted their women's division, traded away the good tag teams like Kofi/Woods & Miz/Morrison for the shitty ones from Raw like Street Profits and Roode/Ziggler. Apparently they think all they need is Roman & Sasha and everything will be fine. It's a bold strategy. Let's see if it works out for them.

·
Queen of all Galaxies
4,104 Posts
They still have Sami, he's a great heel. Hopefully KO turns back heel soon. Bryan and Seth are valuable, but they need good programs. Dolph is being wasted just like Black and Roode and I hate it.

I like these guys, but the problem is I'm not a fan of the people they are pushing/they want to push (Roman, Jey Uso, Big E and Lars). And yeah, Street Profits are awful. Cesaro and Shinsuke are also boring now that they dumped Sami.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Those PWI lists are purely corporate. Rock never topped them. In 1999 and 2000. He was 3rd and 2nd. Alexa currently is aligned with one of the top stars of the company. I don't know where it's heading. But its a far sight better then being stuck in the tag division with that jobber.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
Oh boy she really is coming back sooner then later it seems.
I'm still optimistic and think Bliss will have a great run the next few months, but I think we can forget about her winning the Royal Rumble. That's Ronda's spot. The only good thing is I can't imagine they would send her to Raw given how much better the Raw division is already. If she wins the Rumble and then beats Sasha at WrestleMania for the SmackDown Title I don't really give a shit.

They still have Sami, he's a great heel. Hopefully KO turns back heel soon. Bryan and Seth are valuable, but they need good programs. Dolph is being wasted just like Black and Roode and I hate it.

I like these guys, but the problem is I'm not a fan of the people they are pushing/they want to push (Roman, Jey Uso, Big E and Lars). And yeah, Street Profits are awful. Cesaro and Shinsuke are also boring now that they dumped Sami.
I like Rollins and KO but SmackDown lost too many good/great people. They can't make up for all that. Of course I agree in terms of them pushing the wrong guys. Roman should be the main guy, but the fact that they brought back Lars Sullivan because Lesnar is no longer under contract is pretty much the same to me as the Fake Diesel/Razor Ramon stuff in the 90s. I'm not convinced Big E should be a top singles guy, either (at least not Universal Champion). Raw has most of my favorites now (Bliss, Wyatt, Miz, AJ Styles, Orton) and the new guys they're pushing like Keith Lee and Matt Riddle are a million times better than Fake Brock.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,106 Posts
I'm still optimistic and think Bliss will have a great run the next few months, but I think we can forget about her winning the Royal Rumble. That's Ronda's spot. The only good thing is I can't imagine they would send her to Raw given how much better the Raw division is already. If she wins the Rumble and then beats Sasha at WrestleMania for the SmackDown Title I don't really give a shit.
Good for you that you don't care about Sasha I DO. hopefully she stays away from her and SD the last thing I need is for Banks to lose her 6th Mania in a row Ugh the thought of that makes me sick.

Honestly whether she's on RAW or SD she's getting mega pushed out of the gate and gonna end up ruining either Asuka and Alexa's momentum or Sasha's both options are bad to me.

961 - 980 of 1046 Posts