Wrestling Forum banner

941 - 960 of 1046 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
The plan was for fiend and roman, but they scrapped it.

Wrestling at its peak has always had great gimmicks, characters, and larger then life characters. Why do you think The Rock was such a massive draw. Good wrestler, great athlete. But he was the most charismatic superstar the buisness ever saw. Alexa and The Fiend def is money imo. They make you want to tune in. Punk was the same.

2 million views

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
One thing i'm worried about, Bliss getting all this development only to get buried by Charlotte.

Charlotte's booking has killed and damaged a lot of things, just ask Asuka, Rhea Ripley, Sasha, Becky/Ronda WM feud.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
You should wait to see what she does and how they use her now that she is in this position before you jump too far into negative conclusions. Instead of doing that, trying believing that she will thrive in this role with her abilities like AJ Lee did. In case you forgot, what they had her doing with DB & Punk should have had her as a background character and more of an afterthough; and instead she became what the main event scene revolved around for months.
Refresh my memory. What was AJ Lee doing with DB & Punk.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
One thing i'm worried about, Bliss getting all this development only to get buried by Charlotte.

Charlotte's booking has killed and damaged a lot of things, just ask Asuka, Rhea Ripley, Sasha, Becky/Ronda WM feud.
So basically you are saying what I said. Just more extreme. There's really only one way it could end. Charlotte is not going to be on the losing end of an opponent that's possessed by a demon. Who knows, maybe she will. But it's a high percentage she won't. I mean she gave Carmella the rub, but Charlotte was going to be out on leave. Hell, if Becky miraculous came back (I know she's not anytime soon) she wouldn't either. They would have her run through this gimmick like a hot knife through butter. Go ask Nikki Cross. Psycho Nikki Cross, a force and terror in NXT. Becky payed her no mind and squashed her.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts

Wrestling at its peak has always had great gimmicks, characters, and larger then life characters. Why do you think The Rock was such a massive draw. Good wrestler, great athlete. But he was the most charismatic superstar the buisness ever saw. Alexa and The Fiend def is money imo. They make you want to tune in. Punk was the same.
How do we know they scrapped it. Was this officially revealed? Maybe it was never a thing. Maybe it was a tease on purpose. We will never know. They do stuff like that all the time.

Sorta of an example: AJ Styles comes on RAW, tells Rollins to take a hike buddy. Then they have a triple threat. Done. Now anybody could say, the original plans was to have AJ vs Rollins in a big feud, but they scrapped it last minute. Did a one off instead. See what I'm saying?

Also, why would they scrap it. Roman is one of the hottest things right now as champion on SD. Fiend is trending and a hot act himself(then on SD). Soooo, they scrapped it to have Roman feud with his cousin, one half of a tag team? One who is barely on TV?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
This what happens when you waste a year carrying someone who would have been stuck in catering if it wasn't for you
Screenshot_20201014-105648_Chrome.jpg

Also don't forget 2 people (Charlotte & Naomi) that aren't even active right now and Baszler and Jax were picked for Raw before her

If you think something good is coming, guess again Alexa will now be a designated jobber in a division with Charlotte, Asuka, Naomi, Baszler and Jax. She really stands no chance.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
👆
That can't be real. Can it?

Jeez, Alexa was ranked 12th last year. 2nd in 2018. And 3rd in 2017.

2020 .......................... she's ranked 27th :mad:

As far as the WWE poll. I would assume she's "lumped in" with Bray?

·
I swear to god I had something for this...
3,721 Posts
Refresh my memory. What was AJ Lee doing with DB & Punk.
That's pretty complicated lol. To begin with, she was DB's gf who managed him at ringside during his first world title run. Her character was still a nice girl at that point. Things started changing when DB lost that infamous 18 second match to Seamus at WM, and broke up with AJ blaming the loss on her. Sufficed to say, he was a major asshole about it.

Punk consoled her at a point when she was crying backstage, and she fell for him. Let's say, what's similar about the situation with making these difficult for both women is that they VERY heavily pushed that AJ was crazy. Now, AJ was damn good at what she did, so you'd see plenty of signs that said things like 'I dig crazy chicks'. They had her do plenty of things that were pretty wtf that you should really just go back and watch videos of to get the full picture.

I'd say the craziest things they had her do were either the random stuff with Kane; or the things with Punk like kissing him then pushing him off the top turnbuckle through a table. Then there was when she proposed to him a week after he said she needed professional help.

Anyhow, what she managed to accomplish was really amplified by just how women were treated and viewed by WWE and the fans back then. When they finally started having her wrestle full time again to join the Divas title picture, the night after she won she made an extremely factual statement when she said 'nobody cared about the Divas Title until I won it'.

When you consider what she accomplished in her career and that being the catapult. She turned what should have been ridiculous into resurrecting the women's division in WWE. Because, as much as WWE loves to pretend that the credit should go to the 4 horsewomen or Steph or the Bellas, it was really AJ that was the driving force when you look at the important events. The women after just benefited from what AJ managed to accomplish after she retired.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts

2 million views

2 million views for a quick little cameo taking out some glorified jobbers. 🤑🤑🤑

If you know the factors on which the Top 100 list is based on, nobody should be surprised by Alexa's position.
Imagine giving a fuck about a PWI list or some random WWE.com poll. I know the jabroni who posted them did it just to troll, but imagine actually caring about stuff like that when Alexa is in the best position she has been in post-Ronda, working with a fucking top star, doing some of the coolest stuff of her entire career and ready to go on a great run.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
That's pretty complicated lol. To begin with, she was DB's gf who managed him at ringside during his first world title run. Her character was still a nice girl at that point. Things started changing when DB lost that infamous 18 second match to Seamus at WM, and broke up with AJ blaming the loss on her. Sufficed to say, he was a major asshole about it.

Punk consoled her at a point when she was crying backstage, and she fell for him. Let's say, what's similar about the situation with making these difficult for both women is that they VERY heavily pushed that AJ was crazy. Now, AJ was damn good at what she did, so you'd see plenty of signs that said things like 'I dig crazy chicks'. They had her do plenty of things that were pretty wtf that you should really just go back and watch videos of to get the full picture.

I'd say the craziest things they had her do were either the random stuff with Kane; or the things with Punk like kissing him then pushing him off the top turnbuckle through a table. Then there was when she proposed to him a week after he said she needed professional help.

Anyhow, what she managed to accomplish was really amplified by just how women were treated and viewed by WWE and the fans back then. When they finally started having her wrestle full time again to join the Divas title picture, the night after she won she made an extremely factual statement when she said 'nobody cared about the Divas Title until I won it'.

When you consider what she accomplished in her career and that being the catapult. She turned what should have been ridiculous into resurrecting the women's division in WWE. Because, as much as WWE loves to pretend that the credit should go to the 4 horsewomen or Steph or the Bellas, it was really AJ that was the driving force when you look at the important events. The women after just benefited from what AJ managed to accomplish after she retired.
Thanks for the detailed response. You sparked my memory of that time with AJ Lee. She was essential a key pivotal point in women's wrestling as you said. She started low, then used her appearances with Dolph, Daniel, Punk, Kane and made a name for herself and rose. Eventually winning the Divas title. Alexa Bliss did that alread. She is already established. She's a Five Time Women's Champion. So it's a completely different ballgame right now.

·
3,721 Posts
Thanks for the detailed response. You sparked my memory of that time with AJ Lee. She was essential a key pivotal point in women's wrestling as you said. She started low, then used her appearances with Dolph, Daniel, Punk, Kane and made a name for herself and rose. Eventually winning the Divas title. Alexa Bliss did that alread. She is already established. She's a Five Time Women's Champion. So it's a completely different ballgame right now.
She did a lot of things that a lot of people don't even realize. Like bringing merch back to the women. She pleaded with them for months to get her own shirt, because WWE didn't believe at the time women could sell. Remember, this is 2013 and the last time WWE had given a woman their own shirt to sell was all the way back in 07 before Trish retired. AJ's massive success with her merch sales made a major impact.

Yes, it is a different situation with Alexa. She is certainly at a far different point in her career than AJ was when she got involved in the main event scene. However, that doesn't mean she can't translate it into a similar success. Not in terms of elevating the division, but also remember AJ became BY FAR the most popular woman in the company from that point, basically until she retired 3 years later. Alexa can't use it to achieve milestones that she already has, but that doesn't mean she can't use it to massively boost her popularity on a long term basis if done right.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
She did a lot of things that a lot of people don't even realize. Like bringing merch back to the women. She pleaded with them for months to get her own shirt, because WWE didn't believe at the time women could sell. Remember, this is 2013 and the last time WWE had given a woman their own shirt to sell was all the way back in 07 before Trish retired. AJ's massive success with her merch sales made a major impact.

Yes, it is a different situation with Alexa. She is certainly at a far different point in her career than AJ was when she got involved in the main event scene. However, that doesn't mean she can't translate it into a similar success. Not in terms of elevating the division, but also remember AJ became BY FAR the most popular woman in the company from that point, basically until she retired 3 years later. Alexa can't use it to achieve milestones that she already has, but that doesn't mean she can't use it to massively boost her popularity on a long term basis if done right.
Yes, it doesn't mean she can't improve and go further. Just saying, history has shown how they have handled Alexa since late 2018. They didn't give up, but they definitely moved her into a different direction. Alexa should be FOUR level and handled as such. I've said this before, and many other have said the same. I have no proof, but I firmly believe something went on after Sasha/Bayley pulled that little stunt over a year ago. Sasha in particular must of had "conditions" before she came back. What we witnessed during 2020, actually at the 2019 draft forward... there's really no other answer. Unless, Alexa herself has asked to be put in this situation. An enhancer role. But that would be ludicrous to believe the latter.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,683 Posts

Also remember AJ Lee had less competition back then there was no Diva to threaten her back then, Not the Bella's, Not Nattie, Not Kaitlyn, Not Paige, No one she became the literal gem that sticks out without competition.

Alexa has loads of talented threats today and she still remains a Top seller especially with merch, AJ may have been the one laying the foundation for the Women's revolution if we are being real here but Alexa has stuck out among greater competition too.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Was excited about tonight's SD. Then I realized, oh, yeah. Alexa is not on. Got to wait until Monday.

Braun vs Roman Title fight tonight. What's the odds the Fiend shows up?

WWE:

After being chosen by Raw, The Monster will make one final stop on the blue brand and hope to take the Universal Championship with him. The Tribal Chief has asserted his dominance over the blue brand since his return and will look to earn even more respect by defeating an old rival. Strowman will have payback on the mind after Reigns pinned the monstrous Superstar at WWE Payback in a No Holds Barred Triple Threat Match to win the title.
Braun Payback? :unsure: Well, there was another piece of that Triple Threat match puzzle..... And The Fiend was the one that lost the title that night. Then there's that whole little stare down by Alexa of Roman... well, you know the story.

Let's put it this way. If The Fiend doesn't show up. Then all that Roman stuff with the Fiend/Alexa .. the puppet... was for not. Proving they have no clue what they are doing. Just throwing things at the wall, seeing what sticks style of writing.

·
3,721 Posts
Also remember AJ Lee had less competition back then there was no Diva to threaten her back then, Not the Bella's, Not Nattie, Not Kaitlyn, Not Paige, No one she became the literal gem that sticks out without competition.

Alexa has loads of talented threats today and she still remains a Top seller especially with merch, AJ may have been the one laying the foundation for the Women's revolution if we are being real here but Alexa has stuck out among greater competition too.
AJ certainly had a lack of quality around her back then, but those are really odd names for you to chose. Nattie is actually more accomplished during this so called more competitive era than she was during the couple years AJ was on top of the division. As gross as it is to say, Nikki Bella racked up plenty of career achievements once AJ left. Paige coming out of NXT was what everyone was talking about, and obviously popular enough she's been GM and they made a movie for her life.

This is certainly a MUCH more competitive era for talented in-ring wrestlers, but it's not like it's saturated with great actresses. Alexa is really good, but saying she isn't as good as AJ is hardly a knock against anybody. AJ Lee walked into a feud with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, & Kane; looked like she completely belonged there, and came out of it a star. Despite things like starting out being barely known, and being the gimmick of 'crazy chick'.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
AJ certainly had a lack of quality around her back then, but those are really odd names for you to chose. Nattie is actually more accomplished during this so called more competitive era than she was during the couple years AJ was on top of the division. As gross as it is to say, Nikki Bella racked up plenty of career achievements once AJ left. Paige coming out of NXT was what everyone was talking about, and obviously popular enough she's been GM and they made a movie for her life.

This is certainly a MUCH more competitive era for talented in-ring wrestlers, but it's not like it's saturated with great actresses. Alexa is really good, but saying she isn't as good as AJ is hardly a knock against anybody. AJ Lee walked into a feud with CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, & Kane; looked like she completely belonged there, and came out of it a star. Despite things like starting out being barely known, and being the gimmick of 'crazy chick'.
Nobody is saying Alexa isn't as good a AJ. Alexa is better imo. Plus if AJ Lee was given an over the top gimmick like Alexa has right now instead of just the chick that kissed guys and acted like a crazy girlfriend. Nobody would be talking about AJ Lee. In fact the only reason why we even talk about her now, is her connection with Punk. This was AJ in a nutshell, her bouncy skip walk down to the ring and promo work. I can barely remember one match she had. Al I can see in my head is her finisher, submission move. No matches though. I would have to go back and watch some.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Was excited about tonight's SD. Then I realized, oh, yeah. Alexa is not on. Got to wait until Monday.

Braun vs Roman Title fight tonight. What's the odds the Fiend shows up?

WWE:

Braun Payback? :unsure: Well, there was another piece of that Triple Threat match puzzle..... And The Fiend was the one that lost the title that night. Then there's that whole little stare down by Alexa of Roman... well, you know the story.

Let's put it this way. If The Fiend doesn't show up. Then all that Roman stuff with the Fiend/Alexa .. the puppet... was for not. Proving they have no clue what they are doing. Just throwing things at the wall, seeing what sticks style of writing.
The odds for Goldberg showing up are much better than for the Fiend.

941 - 960 of 1046 Posts