Wrestling Forum banner

381 - 400 of 640 Posts

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,968 Posts
Wrong. Naomi wrestled Bayley for the title in Saudi Arabia in February. Then she was in the title match at WrestleMania. 1+1=2. Nikki has had 2 this year as well, Clash of Champions will be her 3rd title match.

... and I can't take anyone seriously who thinks twitter hashtags should determine booking. A lot of people are currently learning the painful lesson that the loudest, most vocal idiots on twitter do not represent the majority of people. Naomi may have a loud fanbase on social media, but it's not the biggest. Most normal human beings don't start throwing hissy fits on twitter about shit like this. I love Lexi, but I've never tried to start a damn hashtag for her. She's the main reason why I still watch, though. Funny how that works.

Mandy's EVERYTHING is an issue. She is literally good at nothing except lying around in a bikini. Sorry if the truth hurts, but it is what it is.
I meant Naomi had 1 SINGLES match not that she had only 1 title shot (I should have been more specific) either way one of them was thrown together with ZERO build while the other one was a clusterfuck multiperson match while Nikki had an ACTUAL build to her matches.

Are you proposing that they should ignore the fans? yeah her fans might be annoying but if WWE is gonna preach about "we always listen to our fans" this is gonna send a conflicting message.

·
Registered
629 Posts
What fans? The Twitter trend is a small minority. I dont think wwe ignoring a small social media micro movement is ignorinf fans imo.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Are you proposing that they should ignore the fans? yeah her fans might be annoying but if WWE is gonna preach about "we always listen to our fans" this is gonna send a conflicting message.
I'm saying a few thousand Naomi fans don't represent the majority of the audience. According to you because I don't yell and scream on twitter about Alexa not getting a title shot in 14 months (and counting) I don't care. Is that right? If we want to play the social media game, Alexa has almost twice as many followers on instagram as Naomi. So if Naomi got 2 title shots this year and Alexa got zero despite having almost 5 million followers does that count as ignoring the fans?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Naomi and bunch of freaks from twitter? C'mon! Let's speak about how great Alexa is. She is the only worth to watch alongside with Bray IMO. Tonight she saved just an abysmal episode of Smackdown. Great acting. Epic Sister Abigail.

·
3,968 Posts
I'm saying a few thousand Naomi fans don't represent the majority of the audience. According to you because I don't yell and scream on twitter about Alexa not getting a title shot in 14 months (and counting) I don't care. Is that right? If we want to play the social media game, Alexa has almost twice as many followers on instagram as Naomi. So if Naomi got 2 title shots this year and Alexa got zero despite having almost 5 million followers does that count as ignoring the fans?
Alexa should have had a title shot this year I never argued that she shouldn't, All I'm saying why give someone (like Nikki for example) over Naomi who has a bigger fanbase they even made her trending into a storyline only to not do anything with it and go back to the default.

Some people sre speculating that they maybe sending her to RAW but who knows. Naomi vs Asuka is a match they haven't done before I'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I meant Naomi had 1 SINGLES match not that she had only 1 title shot (I should have been more specific) either way one of them was thrown together with ZERO build while the other one was a clusterfuck multiperson match while Nikki had an ACTUAL build to her matches.
You act like Nikki got some sort of WrestleMania type build for her title matches. Please. She won a #1 contender fatal 4-way to get the shot at Extreme Rules and it was basically a tag team feud leading up to the PPV. Then she wins a #1 contender match against Bliss 5 days after Extreme Rules and a week later she wrestled Bayley for the title again on SmackDown. That match was also completely overshadowed by The Fiend attacking Bliss after the match.

Going into Clash of Champions I would imagine things will mostly revolve around Alexa and what's going on with her. I know 3 title shots in such a short period of time is a lot, but I still don't think that there's any reason to be jealous of Nikki Cross.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,327 Posts
Her Sister Abigail was a nice touch after being enticed by Fiend again only he screwed up her shot at Bayley for COC, Ah never mind it's obvious Nikki is getting distracted by Alexa during the event.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Could Alexa cost Nikki the title at COC to complete her change?
Yep ... But ... Actually, the proper thing to do is have Nikki win. Then Alexa can feud with Nikki for the title. But WWE likes to screw stuff up, so don't expect that at all. The super, duper, obvious Alexa will interfere at the PPV.

Imagine this. This will be Nikki's third time this year for the title against Bayley. The match tonight Nikki over came great odds. First she was attacked by Bayley with a chair, then gets blindsided by Alexa. Still won clean. What better way to have her win at Clash.

Here's the bottom line. Bayley vs Sasha. No title is needed. It's irrelevant in that feud. Yet in the "potential" Alexa/Nikki feud. It's makes more sense. A Nikki win would be a fresh, needed, and welcome win. A journey by Nikki to overcome great odds. Look at that last loss, look how they played out, how effected Nikki was by it. Was it early seeds? Was is just a mere coincidence in programing? Time will tell. But one things for sure, that was all pushed on TV down our throats heavy. They wanted to let the audience know Nikki failed, not just by the ref counted(which we all saw) It was all the backstage stuff.

Here's a problem. You got 2 weeks (2 SD's) before the PPV. These will be devoted to Nikki interacting with Alexa. One of those Alexa will probably do something again to Nikki. Further making it super obvious and predictable that Alexa will interfere at the PPV.

The more, and more I think about it. The more upset I'm about what happened on SD. Is WWE dumb? Absolutely yes, yes they are. The Sister Abigail move should have been SAVED for the PPV. What idiots they are. Why would you waste that on a stupid SD three weeks out of the PPV.

Imagine this scenario. Nikki wins, Alexa runs out to congratulates. Hugs, hands raising, celebration, etc... Then while Nikki is holding up the title. Alexa zones out behind her (it totally surprises the viewer) ... Boom, she does the Sister Abigail right in the middle of the ring. Now imagine that with non Covid, full audience. It would have been epic. Oh, well. WWE is so stupid.

You want to get Alexa Bliss into the title mix sooner than later? This is how you do it. Other wise, be patient, becasue it's gonna be a long time before that happens if Nikki loses at the PPV.

Will we ever see Alexa Bliss as Women’s Champion again.
My above post is one way how she could get closer to what you want. Otherwise, it's gonna be awhile.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,196 Posts
i like that they are giving her freedom to put her own twist on the character (no pun intended)

sd is so bad at the moment she is saving it with her character work 💕

nikki can't possibly win the title can she? i would like to think Blissy interferes.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
i like that they are giving her freedom to put her own twist on the character (no pun intended)

sd is so bad at the moment she is saving it with her character work 💕

nikki can't possibly win the title can she? i would like to think Blissy interferes.
SD is bad? I think it's pretty decent as a whole. Unless you are just talking about the state of the women's division? Yes, that's lacking. Good thing you got Carmella coming to save the day. LOL, just kidding. No seriously, she been repackaged(or upgraded) and obviously getting a push. So it will be interesting to see how this all plays out in the coming months.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Alexa inring. Check!
Alexa developing character. Check!
Alexa not being in fun house like some marks predicted. Check!
All fine!

How many failed title shots is Nikki gonna get? I can't help but laugh at this point it's so ridiculous :ROFLMAO:
Exactly and @Zappers that is the reason I am not breaking my head about the repeat of things we did not even see the first time since forever. The boredome is already there.

SD is bad? I think it's pretty decent as a whole. Unless you are just talking about the state of the women's division? Yes, that's lacking.
Te SD women division is lacking since many years. :(

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
During Nikki vs Bayley the lights go out and Fiend Alexa appears, lights out again and when they come back on, Bayley and Nikki are downed in the ring and Fiend Alexa is nowhere to be seen.
Clash of Champions is only 2 weeks away. The way they've been slow-burning this story I don't know if we're already gonna see the full blown alter ego with all the theatrics at CoC. She will definitely be the reason why Nikki loses, one way or another. I just don't know if we're there yet. We'll see.

Oh so that's why Mandy wasn't in the match last night, but why couldn't they wait for the draft to trade her to RAW?
Weird move. After seeing those video teasers the last couple of weeks, maybe Carmella's new shtick is gonna be too close to Mandy's, but even then I don't really get it. Personally I don't care about Mandy but the SmackDown division wasn't that deep to begin with, even with Carmella returning. Whenever there's a multi-woman match they always have to put Tamina Snuka in there. That should tell you a lot about the lack of depth. I bet SmackDown won't get a star in return, either. They'll probably end up sending Peyton Royce to SmackDown.

Raw: Charlotte, Asuka, Baszler, Nia, Bianca, Natalya, Lana, Mandy, Liv & Ruby, Zelina, Mickie, Peyton & Billie
SmackDown: Bliss, Sasha, Bayley, Nikki, Lacey, Carmella, Naomi, Tamina, Dana

9 girls and 2 of those are Dana Brooke and Tamina. They could definitely use 2 or 3 more talented ladies.

·
3,968 Posts
Weird move. After seeing those video teasers the last couple of weeks, maybe Carmella's new shtick is gonna be too close to Mandy's, but even then I don't really get it. Personally I don't care about Mandy but the SmackDown division wasn't that deep to begin with, even with Carmella returning. Whenever there's a multi-woman match they always have to put Tamina Snuka in there. That should tell you a lot about the lack of depth. I bet SmackDown won't get a star in return, either. They'll probably end up sending Peyton Royce to SmackDown.

Raw: Charlotte, Asuka, Baszler, Nia, Bianca, Natalya, Lana, Mandy, Liv & Ruby, Zelina, Mickie, Peyton & Billie
SmackDown: Bliss, Sasha, Bayley, Nikki, Lacey, Carmella, Naomi, Tamina, Dana

9 girls and 2 of those are Dana Brooke and Tamina. They could definitely use 2 or 3 more talented ladies.
You have to remember that Sonya is returning after her court duties she HAS to stay on SD now that Mandy left to RAW they need her more then ever.

I would also trade Bianca, Liv, and Ruby, to SD that would be a much needed boost to the division and can see either one of Billie or Peyton moving too in the draft.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Thinking about this SD some more.

Now I can see not Alexa costing Nikki the win, I can see Sasha costing Bayley the win. Sasha wasn't on SD, presumably "injured". Good way for her to lay low, then show up on the PPV as a distraction.

A) Nikki wins and Alexa attacks her after the win and or B)Nikki wins by the hands of Sasha. Both make more sense and further both storylines. Like I said, the Title in the Bayley/Sasha feud is irrelevant. Only relevancy, Bayley would be super pissed if she lost it becasue Sasha interfered somehow. That chair shot on Nikki, for what? Why not hit one of the other women? Why not at all? I think its relevant to this whole thing.

381 - 400 of 640 Posts