Wrestling Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3185 Posts

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,003
The beginning of the PPV was soo boring. It was clear, that Morrison is there to protect Lashley. Then we had the EC match and I thought, okay, Roman will win, but that could be an interesting match. Instead Roman came out right after the match ... ROFL ... and it turned into Edge`s pic .... like that had been a surprise.
They spoilered the end of the PPV with showing Miz and MVP, but at least they executed it well.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
They spoilered the end of the PPV with showing Miz and MVP, but at least they executed it well.
That wasn't a spoiler. You can say that in hindsight, but it wasn't. Miz also got into it with Priest and Bad Bunny earlier in the show. I fully expected them to come out to prevent Miz from winning. When I saw Miz & MVP talking my mind didn't go to "Oh, I bet Lashley will help Miz win the title tonight".

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,005
That wasn't a spoiler. You can say that in hindsight, but it wasn't. Miz also got into it with Priest and Bad Bunny earlier in the show. I fully expected them to come out to prevent Miz from winning. When I saw Miz & MVP talking my mind didn't go to "Oh, I bet Lashley will help Miz win the title tonight".
That is what I meant, I already expected Lashley to come out. Sure, the result itself was not spoilered. But if they had Bad Bunny coming out and interfer, I had cancelled my subsription!

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Really good PPV. Great opening match. Riddle finally wins the US title. Side note, so glad Morrison got to be in that match. Getting a chance to show why he should be a star and away from Miz. End of PPV, Miz cashing in. Which the second Lashly music hit, I went ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Miz is winning the title .

Would have been even better if Alexa showed up but what ya gonna do. I don't write this stuff.(and I should) The Orton getting eliminated quicker than expected. He's got bigger fish to fry. The Orton/Fiend/Alexa. That's not going away. Look for more of this in the upcoming weeks. Probably still no opponents for Alexa imo. She be doing valet/mouthpiece/sidekick duty. The fact that Lacey is out, ups the chance and crossed fingers Alexa gets involved, but don't hold your breath. But then you got Ripley possibly being used sooner then they wanted.

My prediction: Fastlane, Fiend returns and jumps Randy. Then at Wrestlemania it's Orton vs Fiend(with Alexa in his corner) Or a mixed tax match. Orton(insert a wrestler here) vs Fiend/Alexa.

NINE PPV's. What a shame.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Sucks she wasn't on last night damn.

At least Edge/Roman is set and Lashley/Drew should be the likely scenario for the WWE Championship at WM.
Edge/Roman. Absolutely.

Lashley/Drew maybe. Well quite possibly. I keep forgetting there's another PPV before WM. So I could see Sheamus still in that mix. Maybe it will turn into a triple threat at WM? Drew/Sheamus/Lashley ... hell, even a Four Way. Throw AJ Styles in there. We all know the highlight will be Edge/Roman. So they can play around with the RAW title. Whoops, I forgot Miz. Ha

You know who probably won't be in that mix? Bray/Fiend. Which is funny(well not really funny), because people keep telling me he's the hottest and most important act/run since Austin or Rock. You know, all those youtube hits.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,013
Really good PPV. Great opening match.
Sure, but it was pointless, because of the setup. 1 minute later it already meant nothing! :(

Side note, so glad Morrison got to be in that match. Getting a chance to show why he should be a star and away from Miz.
Morrison was only there for one reason in that match, to eat the pin and protect Lashley. That was pretty obvisous from the very beginning, because there was no reason or build up to get the title.

Would have been even better if Alexa showed up but what ya gonna do. I don't write this stuff./QUOTE]

I guess they didn`t want to bring something (incl Fiend), which had distracted the viewers from the final after the EC ended.

NINE PPV's. What a shame.
It is still the first PPV since RR. :)
Her power-up with cloth change gimmick makes it pretty difficult to book her. I thought she would get over that pretty soon and being fully one side or another for a while. But as long it is done this way, it will be pretty difficult to book her on PPVs out of the blue. The problem is not the gimmick, the problem is her still selling being in "between" goddess and fully-fiend-obsessed. I saw at least the option, that she goes completly Fiend for a while, but it seems they won`t book it this way. Maybe that is over, when she resurrected Fiend.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
They can't seriously think about doing McIntyre vs Lashley for the title at WrestleMania. No freaking way. Lashley has been used perfectly lately, as a dominant, credible midcard champion. He is not a WrestleMania main eventer. People always want to talk about SmackDown being the A-show, but WWE's relationship with NBC/USA is now even stronger after the WWE Network deal. They can't just treat Raw like some meaningless afterthought. Edge vs Roman for the SD Title and Drew vs Lashley for the Raw belt? Hell no. Either they bring back Lesnar for Mania or you have to put one of the biggest stars on your show like Orton or Wyatt in that spot.

Also, why would they do Drew vs Goldberg at the Royal Rumble if they didn't have a big name for Mania? That doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Sure, but it was pointless, because of the setup. 1 minute later it already meant nothing! :(

Morrison was only there for one reason in that match, to eat the pin and protect Lashley. That was pretty obvisous from the very beginning, because there was no reason or build up to get the title.
Pointless in terms of Edge. Ok, but..... I liked the match. It entertained me, from beginning to end. Everyone was pretty much on their game.

The point about Morrison I think you missed. It doesn't matter why he was there. Just that he got to showcase his abilities. I think he's fantastic.

Want to talk about pointless?

Having Asuka babysit the RAW title doing nothing with it.(waiting for Becky Lynch) and wasting a good wrestling talent like Alexa Bliss(uninjured and in her prime) for over 8 months. Instead of having good competition each month, Alexa is playing dressup and possessed by a demon. Now that's pointless.

Should be an interesting 2 months. I predict a meltdown of all meltdowns from the Alexa/Fiend fan section. I hope I'm wrong, that's all I'm saying. Yikes.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Bobby Lashley is pretty awesome. He would make a great main event guy imho. I have zero problem with it. TNA agrees with me. ;)

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,018
Want to talk about pointless?

Having Asuka babysit...
Jeez, now you start as well with that story. :D Lacey is pregnant! (If all the wrestling news don`t lie.) And I am pretty sure Asuka didn`t impregnate her. ;) There was just no relevant match to do and we already spoke about, why Alexa - the only credible opponent - wasn`t there.
And why it was your fault, that Alexa didn`t win the RAW title in january, we already talked about. ;) ;)

3001 - 3020 of 3185 Posts