Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I'll ask you to take 2:21 to check out their match from Smackdown a week ago:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15vf5y_the-prime-time-players-the-great-khali-vs-3mb-11-10-13_shortfilms

Some may have seen it, but after the "Am I the Only One Who Skips 95% of the Show?" thread, I wonder how many people take their negative feelings about them and just say "The hell with this." and skip their matches or anything with Khali in it.

First, I like Heath Slater. He's a ginger who does the Harlem Side Kick (and does it well). He sells, and is very animated and loud in the ring. You hear him say "Ohhhhh!" after Jinder punches Khali at the start, and he stays vocally involved throughout their matches. It's fun. He also has taken to a taunt that makes him look like he's wafting his nut-funk at his opponent. He does it to Khali at the end. In other matches he jumps, and usually screeches a "Whoo!" with it. I used to think it was a Pete Townshend guitar gesture, but now I'm convinced he's wafting his machismo at his opponent.

I've come around a little bit to Drew - he's at his best being aggressive and no-nonsense and you can see him giving that extra little bit in certain instances. In the match above, his enzuigiri bump, and his sell after going over the top are him adding his own flavor, and completely optional. I can dig it. Jinder is quite an underrated bump factory - the fall-away slam/toss By O'Neil on Jinder was his best to date, IMO. Jinder's jumping knee is hit or miss, but has definitely gotten better.

Where are they going, you ask? My answer is why do they have to be "going" anywhere? They're fun for what it is - casual wrestling. Winning or losing doesn't really matter to me in the lower card, I don't expect them to be in the Tag Team Title picture in the near future, and don't care. Again, it's just fun for what it is. It doesn't have to be serious or booked to be badasses/rebels/WWE future champions for it to be entertaining. Also, that Heath Slater "whiff m'cheese" taunt, again:

Respect to GetDown for the gif!

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I think most people know how talented Heath is. He's pretty talented in the ring, can get great heat with his antics, and is comfortable on the mic. The dude is pretty solid for the role that he has been given.

"HEATH SLATER, YOU SUCK" would be a solid IC champ imo only if booked right :clap

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
they are a necessary heel jobber tag team. In fact, we need more wrestlers like 3MB. Because right now we got 50/50 booking and it doesnt do good for nobody and gets no where. We cant go the route of TNA and have all our main event guys fighting each other every week because thats all we got, and i already see it coming because Punk/Cena are scheduled for Smackdown. Basically we need more jobbers. But we need some that are good at their job.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think most people know how talented Heath is. He's pretty talented in the ring, can get great heat with his antics, and is comfortable on the mic. The dude is pretty solid for the role that he has been given.

"HEATH SLATER, YOU SUCK" would be a solid IC champ imo only if booked right :clap
Thanks for the match! No surprise Slater got heat with the opening spot - it's classic Flair/Jeff Jarrett: Lock up; quickly get the better; strut. Then...do it again. See how they really feel.:flair face gets hot after, everyone is happy.

He still has time to develop. He could do a redneck-goofball with quasi-Jerichoholic top knots and riding/nearly killing himself on an ATV during his entrance to the ring. A character that would fit in with Duck Dynasty. He has the accent for it.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
honestly slater is a good talent, the guy would make an excellent midcard heel..other than that the rest of 3mb is bland as fuck and unlike most the guys here i don't root for the guy who always gets buried or jobbed out after all they are in that position for a reason ...they have no character=bland

·
Registered
6,246 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think most people skip their matches because they're jobbers who generally lose all their matches, but I agree that they can be fun to watch at times.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Most people skip their matches because theyre jobbers and they always lose.
So?

Wrestling is fake. Moreover, the gimmick, booking, length of match, placement, etc. dictate that W/L doesn't really matter. It's somewhat stale, and there's nowhere to take it short of having them try to be an actual band (which would be shit). You can't take them seriously. "Oh, the cunning and utterly ruthless, (crowd chants)3-M-B!":lol

On some level, it's sort of entertaining to see. When the music hits, you know it is going down. And by it, I do mean their shoulders. Who's gettin' put over tonight, buddy? Someone's gotta take all those enhancement losses. No one wants to see 50/50 booking. My point is they are doing their "job" (get it? you got it.) better than anyone else at the moment. They're fun to watch. They make their losses look good - I don't think they're naive to not realize their position. It's like in boxing, how some guys are essentially paid to lose, being booked for good money to box up-and-coming talent who they have virtually no chance of beating. Pads records. But, sometimes those guys because of talent, heart, flair, whatever, are worth watching. Sometimes, guys are able to show you something in losses that lets you know their head is still in the game. That's how I look at 3MB at the moment.

My favorite jobbers.
^This guy gets it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the match! No surprise Slater got heat with the opening spot - it's classic Flair/Jeff Jarrett: Lock up; quickly get the better; strut. Then...do it again. See how they really feel.:flair face gets hot after, everyone is happy.
Love this spot and test of strength too. WWE needs more of these classic old school spots. EDIT: just needs sunset flips and small packages and my 8-year-old self will mark out like its the 80s :)

Side note: 3mb need to be booked to win occasionally. If a jobber loses every match it eventually renders wins against them meaningless. The guy put over didn't win cos he's good, he won cos 3mb always loses..

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
Heath Slater is great in his role. He's extremely irritating and can bump and sell as good as anyone... Has a permanent job as a heel jobber imo.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Slater has one thing down: he knows his role. I think he's OK with being the jobber. Who else would tolerate getting beat by almost every old out of shape legend they sent him against him?

He really is talented though. I just can't get over the moobs though, he will never make it out of jobberville with those things.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slater has one thing down: he knows his role. I think he's OK with being the jobber. Who else would tolerate getting beat by almost every old out of shape legend they sent him against him?

He really is talented though. I just can't get over the moobs though, he will never make it out of jobberville with those things.
It's called being a professional.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
No doubt they are talented, its just they have been reduced to what they have been now. And that is being jobbers. Just gonna have to deal with it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts