Wrestling Forum banner

Alpha Academy aren't my bag of tea

843 17
I like both Otis and Chad. However, when they're together I just simply tune out. I don't mind Gable's mic work and annoying character, it's great. Like I said, they're both solid on their own. I feel like if paired with anyone else, should be Cameron Grimes. Both would mesh well together as a tag team. Would be a great way for Otis to turn heel on Chad and form a tag team with Grimes.

Honestly, I think Alpha Academy would be nice to keep around with Chad Gable as the leader of a stable. Bring up The Creed Brothers to join him and become part of The Alpha Academy. Perhaps grow the group to 5 members? Hell, just fuse Diamond Mine with Chad Gable. Perhaps add Andre Chase as Chad's personal guru of life, or life guide, his inspiration so to speak. Have the stable run fake adds during matches, about how they can become "somebody" and graduate from the Alpha Academy. Like RNN, but far better in terms of production quality. It won't make them Main Event talent, nor should it, but it gives them some relevance for a solid amount of time.
Reactions: YoungOldMan352
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point, it just feels that they're there. Not paying much attention to their segments.
I agree. However, I feel like they simply lack chemistry. I really do feel Otis and Grimes would be a far better tag team. Cameron has a different type of charisma and character than Gable. They're nothing alike in the least.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
The big problem is something that is a very common trait in WWE.

The characters have not changed in forever. They found ONE THING that got over, and they have hammered that one thing again and again in every promo and every appearance ever since, to the point that it's not irritating because they're heels - it's irritating because it's boring as fuck.

They need to develop and evolve as character, not just stagnate.

·
Registered
247 Posts

I like them, just lost in the shuffle at the moment sadly

Reactions: Bahn Yuki and Dreo

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
12,022 Posts
The big problem is something that is a very common trait in WWE.

The characters have not changed in forever. They found ONE THING that got over, and they have hammered that one thing again and again in every promo and every appearance ever since, to the point that it's not irritating because they're heels - it's irritating because it's boring as fuck.

They need to develop and evolve as character, not just stagnate.
☝☝ SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHH

I wouldn't expect a simpleton such as yourself to understand the complexities of the Chad Gable character, as well as Alpha Academy as a whole, after all, Gable had a GPA of 4.0. You'd have to have a high IQ to grasp the subtleties of their character development.

✌ A THANK YEEWWWWWWWWWW ✌

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
☝☝ SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSHHHH

I wouldn't expect a simpleton such as yourself to understand the complexities of the Chad Gable character, as well as Alpha Academy as a whole, after all, Gable had a GPA of 4.0. You'd have to have a high IQ to grasp the subtleties of their character development.

✌ A THANK YEEWWWWWWWWWW ✌
Thanks for helping make my point :)

·
Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,363 Posts
I do feel like it's time for them to change it up. Chad Gable is great and he found something that worked for him as a heel but him doing the SHOOSH and "A THANK YOU!" at this point is old and stale.

Still puzzles me why Otis is with Chad at this point. He joined Chad to have more success but other than the tag team title reign it seems like they don't have much success. So in kayfabe, why is Otis still with Chad when they can't win matches? Their last tag team win (and only tag team win in a long time) was in September on main event. Otis isn't winning much in singles matches either. So THAT I don't get. Otis was doing better when he was on his own as far as wins/losses I think. lol I like both guys but them still being together doesn't make sense.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts