Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it's been almost three years since WWE decided to move their contracted developing talent from OVW to FCW. Has it been a smart move so far in your opinion?

To me it has certainly sped up the process of getting talent in and out to the main roster, but they seemed a little watered down and awfully green when they do arrive. Seems like WWE has more control over how and what the talent there does and they can mold them to their liking, albeit quite cookie-cutterish.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
No. It's been a terrible move. For better or worse, OVW gave us guys that are/were legitimate superstars like John Cena, Randy Orton, and Batista. FCW has given us a clone army with no personality and Wade Barrett.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I loved OVW, got a lot of their shows on DVD. It was a huge mistake cutting ties with it too me. I mean towards the end OVW was doing crap, but then again why train someone who doesn't wanna be trained!

I mean this place gave us some of the best women wrestlers and men the WWE has ever seen. All good things come to an end though, so yeah dunno what my point is haha.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
No. It's been a terrible move. For better or worse, OVW gave us guys that are/were legitimate superstars like John Cena, Randy Orton, and Batista. FCW has given us a clone army with no personality and Wade Barrett.
This to be honest.
OVW produced faces of the company, so far the only thing at that level that FCW has produced is Wade Barrett.

I remember when Heyman was booking OVW in '05 to '06ish, very, very entertaining.

·
Santina's Lover
4,216 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
OVW in one year produced John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista and Brock Lesnar whilst a little while later produced Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas before giving us Ken Anderson, John Morrison, Carlito, D'Angelo Dinero, Matt Morgan, Cody Rhodes, Paul Burchill, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Gail Kim, Melina and Velvet Sky who have all gone on to do great things whilst so far from FCW we have only really had Wade Barrett who has done anything because Alex Riley has so far been a lackey to The Miz and Joe Hennig has been wasted and given a stupid name.

Maybe in time we will see that FCW has been a success and the likes of Joe Hennig, Husky Harris, Ted DiBiase and his brother Brett and Mason Ryan will all have done good things in WWE but i will be very surprised if anyone who has come through FCW will go on to be anywhere near the level in terms of star power and quality that OVW brought through in John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista and Brock Lesnar alone because those three have gone on to be the four biggest star's of their generation whilst everyone who is coming through FCW or already on the main roster doesn't honestly smack of star power outside of Wade Barrett who probably won't go on to be as big as any of those four either because of the way the product is.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,619 Posts
FCW is pretty good I always thought, but I really loved OVW. I remember alot of great stuff in OVW and it had a ton of high qulaity matches and it brought up alot of talented stars like Burchill, Burke, WGTT, Lesnar, Orton, Cena, Beth Phoenix, Katie Lea, and many others. But FCW however has had a few good things to come out of it imo such as Wade Barrett, Drew McIntyre, and AJ Lee. And probobly going to get better in the future.

·
Registered
231 Posts
FCW has been a disaster. I enjoy watching it but, the people who come out of it have been duds so far while OVW brought in plenty of talent that made impacts

·
Phantom Thief
17,450 Posts
Look at FCWs roster. Now at OVW's. FCW, back to OVW. Take a look at OVWs long and illustrious list of main event works internaionally known. If FCW had an Alumni page, it would consist of Jack Swagger, Sheamus, Kizarny, Ricky Ortiz and Gavin Spears.

·
Registered
410 Posts
So you are comparing the wrestlers OVW produced in 7 years to what FCW produced in less than 3. Yeah, very fair.

And who the fuck knows, perhaps in 3 years the McIntyres, Sheamuses, Barrets, Swaggers and Gabriels are ruling WWE.

·
The Man
15,234 Posts
I haven't been impressed with really anyone from FCW, so no I don't think it was a good move. We've gotten far too many generic wrestlers from down there for me to care about it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
And people are sucking OVW cock for Orton, a boring no-talent asshole who waste every oportunitty for 4 years, Cena, who was green and awful back then and Batista... god Batista was boring his entire career except his last 4 promos.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
OVW was a really good, watchable promotion in its own right. I was a big fan back in 2005 when they had the likes of CM Punk and Brent Albright working together. FCW is just full of vanilla, green as fuck "sports entertainers" with ridiculous names. Occasionally you will get a star emerging from the crop, such as Sheamus, but they have really moulded everyone to look, sound and wrestle the same way. It's like a regular little WWE cloning factory.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
OVW was a really good, watchable promotion in its own right. I was a big fan back in 2005 when they had the likes of CM Punk and Brent Albright working together. FCW is just full of vanilla, green as fuck "sports entertainers" with ridiculous names. Occasionally you will get a star emerging from the crop, such as Sheamus, but they have really moulded everyone to look, sound and wrestle the same way. It's like a regular little WWE cloning factory.
well, out of the crop of wrestlers in fcw who are good enough to be wwe superstars are ...

brad maddox(was in ovw as brent wellington)
damien sandow(was in ovw, used to be idol stevens aka the next big thing for the wwe)
derrick bateman(was in ovw as mike hutter)
donny marlow
jackson andrews
johnny curtis
xavier woods
seth rollins
richie steamboat

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts