Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I looked, and there was a thread about this but way way back in March with like only one reply and I didn't want to bump that so I figured I make a new thread about it.

https://aaf.com/

Starting next year, a week after the Super Bowl this new Football League is starting. They just had a QB Draft thing where you can protect or pick, and all this other crap that I don't even really know lol as I honestly didn't find out about this until just the other night myself. Hints why I didn't even know an old thread was here until I looked. But I think it's kind of cool I suppose, I mean the more football I have to watch the better. I mean none of the players they have are what you would call top level players but it is what it is.

I'm just glad Atlanta has a team, cause hey then I have two football teams who can always let me down! Anyway, anyone else going to check this out next year?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
:hmmm

I could see checking out a Memphis Express game. Or maybe the Birmingham Iron. Both are relatively close to me.

I wonder if they will have any TV deals. I mean, shit ESPN occasionally shows some CFL games.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
I'll be honest, I am a little bummed I have plans for tomorrow night and won't get to watch the opener. I'm not going to be watching every week or anything, but I wouldn't have minded catching the first game.

·
Banned
140 Posts
The conspiracy theorist in me sees that the AAF and XFL have teams in all different cities.

They're gonna figure out which business model or which kinks of each league works better, and then merge the same way the AFL/NFL did.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
It does annoy me that neither the AAF or the XFL have a team in Chicago. Oh well, I'll still check this out tomorrow night.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

Any interest I may have had in this died when I saw there was a QB battle between Zach Mettenberger and Christian Hackenberg.

·
You might very well think that; I couldn't possibl
5,214 Posts
This league will either merge with the XFL, buy it outright, or squash it like a bug. In other words, there's no way the XFL can possibly compete with this.

Best of luck to the AAF and its 8 teams.

·
Houston, We Have A Problem.
5,267 Posts
Can we bet or play fantasy sports with this yet? Cause if we can't do either I don't care.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Them being friendly with the NFL helps them so much. the NFL needs a minor league like this to develop people who aren't quite ready, and to keep fill ins game active.
Love that you can listen in on the replay conversations.
Not being in NFL markets for the most part was also very smart.
Having the game in 10 minutes up on youtube so fast. a must for any sports league in 2019.

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Watched the first two games on Saturday (Orlando vs Atlanta & San Antonio vs San Diego) I got some specific qualms/questions with some of these new rules (that overtime stuff is bad, ) but I had some fun watching. The San Antonio fanbase already seemed like...oddly die-hard one game in, but that's Texas football for ya. There's this weird feel of college meets 2nd string football here, so one season or more, I'll be checking in with the novelty.

This need to be CINEMATIC is strange though. You can tell some of the players didn't care for all the cameras about & the constant mic'ing had its ins and outs. There still are some gimmicks within this, not shy from XFL shenanigans. Defense getting incentives for picks and stuff to get more money? WHAT? How American. Nine weeks to go, I can hang.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,882 Posts
I tried watching a game on replay yesterday, and...eh. After the Super Bowl, to watch what’s basically a bunch of third- and fourth-string guys chasing sach other around felt empty. I’ll give it more chances, but there’s a reason I don’t watch college ball: I only want to see the best.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,158 Posts
I couldn't tell you which game I watched some of yesterday but it was terrible. The teams couldn't move the ball and the QBs couldn't throw very well.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
Tom Dundon jumps in and apparently saves the season with a $250 million investment. Depending on who you believe, it sounds like the league might have folded this week if this money hadn't come along.

·
Registered
9,369 Posts
Tom Dundon jumps in and apparently saves the season with a $250 million investment. Depending on who you believe, it sounds like the league might have folded this week if this money hadn't come along.
:taker Why? feedback and ratings were great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts