Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just realised that this is the first time (aside from NOC) that all titles have been defended on PPV in a good long time. Good for the PPV. It means that somethings no the line in almost every match, and even in those that there aren't (Morrison/Sheamus, Survivor Series elimination match) there's an actual story behind them.

It means that I'm at least a little be interested in every match on the card, and none of them are really throwaway matches (possibly aside from the tag titles match). If they had actually announced them two or three weeks beforehand it would have been one of the most anticipated PPVs for me in a long time. It makes the titles seem as important as they maybe should be.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daniel Bryan doesn't have a match =]
I thought it was advertised that he would take on Dibiase, it is on the ticket website anyways...or so I heard.

If not...I aplogise for this thread :p

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
Why should Dibiase be eligible to challenge for the US title in the first place? He's been jobbing to Goldust as of late. Shouldn't he be winning a couple of matches first? Anyway, this match is not happening at Survivor Series, unless it's impromptu.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
this is like night of champions part 2, its crazy that this is finally happening.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^Yeh just seem that, so all titles are defended Sunday. Pretty unsual considering how unimportant the title belts have been this year.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Why should Dibiase be eligible to challenge for the US title in the first place? He's been jobbing to Goldust as of late. Shouldn't he be winning a couple of matches first? Anyway, this match is not happening at Survivor Series, unless it's impromptu.
That's not how things work, in WWE if someone attacks the champion then they automatically become no1 contender lol

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Well, stranger things have happened before. John Cena's in ring return from injury at Survivor Series last year was a World Heavyweight Championship match against Chris Jericho. He didn't defeat anyone before that, he's just handed the #1 contendership straight after he returned, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts