Wrestling Forum banner

All this hiring and firing...

808 3
Really really needs to stop. At the rate they're firing up-and-comers and bringing back older stars (kayfabe anyway) we're gonna have Hogan-Flair as next year's Wrestlemania ME. And really, who wants that?

What the hell's got into the WWE bookers with their sudden hard-on for "you're fired" storylines? It worked crazy well for McMahon-Austin back in the day but it worked because the personalities were huge and the storyline was rare. It worked kinda well for Cena-Nexus because it was Cena but the storyline itself was botched to shit and now they're firing and re/hiring on both shows like it's going out of fashion.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
I know what you mean by the firings and so on but I guess it's the creative team panicking that the build-up hasn't been so great this year that they're throwing out things like this left and right. And as for the older stars, I reckon it's because of the two main events. We've all heard of Edge and John Cena but people who may only watch Mania once a year (like myself) and who may not watch wrestling all year long need something they recognize. Hence, Triple H/Undertaker and The Rock hosting.

· Registered
4,669 Posts
I'm not really seeing an epidemic of hired/fired storylines. It happened a lot on Smackdown recently, but that was just Vickie Guerrero playing out the "mad with power" angle.

Most of the guys getting fired/punted off of Raw are actually being sent back down to developmental, so there's an element of truth to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.