Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've come to the realization that there is no burying going on every monday. Every time for the past few weeks Raw has aired and I'd come on to this forum and see a thread or two about 'HHH burying Sheamus', or 'Michael Cole burying the divas', or 'HHH burying DiBiase'. It's gotten to the point where I don't believe anyone can be buried. Sheamus was 'buried' for months, and two weeks after the HHH beat down he's the United States champion.

The term burying means damage to someone's career thats irreversible for at least a few months. What happened to the Hart Dynasty was a burial people, because they got buried as a team, then broke up, now we don't hear of either of them and they will probably be released eventually.

In the WWE it seems wins and losses don't really matter in the long run, or even the short run. Sheamus was a threat to the United States champion after being made to look like a fool with HHH, beaten by Evan Borne a few seconds later, and then losing by count out to Bryan. There's no burial here.

So in my opinion everyone needs to stop it with these 'burial' threads, and realize it takes a lot more than getting your ass whupped week after week to bury you in the WWE right now.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
In terms of the Hart Dynasty, they'll probably just end up tagging again and act like nothing ever happened. Just like the Colons.

In terms of what you said though, whatever...I'm not one to scream bloody murder everytime someone gets a beating so I'm not your target audience.

· Registered
4,841 Posts
Well tbf Sheamus has gone from world heavyweight champion to wrestling for a worthless title and fighting Evan Bourne for the 1 millionth time. So id say that pretty buried in kayfabe terms. In reality though it could be worse at least he gets to be at WM.

· Premium Member
39,025 Posts
Well tbf Sheamus has gone from world heavyweight champion to wrestling for a worthless title and fighting Evan Bourne for the 1 millionth time. So id say that pretty buried in kayfabe terms. In reality though it could be worse at least he gets to be at WM.
What else could they do? They pushed him down our throats in a matter of months. He couldn't possibly stay at that level.

· Registered
4,841 Posts
What else could they do? They pushed him down our throats in a matter of months. He couldn't possibly stay at that level.
Andre the giant style unbeaten run.

· Registered
107 Posts
It's just the silly way that WWE books. They might make you look like a complete dork one week and then have you win a title the next. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I mean, look at how Daniel Bryan was treated on NXT. That's just a small example of many. I think they test the wrestlers for loyalty a lot of times. Either that, or they have no idea what direction they want to go in. Probably both.

· Registered
2,318 Posts
All the threads about people being buried are laughable. To some people if anyone takes a beatdown then there buried. Im surprised there hasnt been a "Cena buried Riley" thread, there probably has but i missed it. Because didnt he destroy Riley in the final segment on Raw, but that wasnt a burial. As for The Hart Dynasty, that was a burial. With Vince telling Cole to run them down on TV which he did, they got humiliated when they did commentary and Cole destroyed them there. Plus the fact they have split the team up and there both doing nothing now on Raw. But all the threads about so and so being buried do need to stop.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
I agree 100%, in the IWC, if a heel losses, its burrying, if a face losses, its putting over. LOSING A MATCH IS NOT BURYING, EVERYONE CAN'T WIN! ABOUT FUCKING TIME THE IWC REALIZES THIS!

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Triple H buries in the ring and Cole buries on commentary.. and the WWE probably wonder why they struggle to build new stars.
Who is Cole burrying? he's not burrying he is just getting heat by doing that, he is collecting a whole load of heat which is why in his match with Lawyer everyone wants to see him ass-kicked. HHH didn't burry anyone in recent weeks, all he did was get his revenge on Sheamus(who is now US Champ), and he gave Dibiase a pedigree to make himself look strong for his match with Taker, nothing wrong with that. and like Dibiase was doing anything better anyway, Hell he was not even appearing on raw.

· #OVER
20,700 Posts
Who is Cole burrying? he's not burrying he is just getting heat by doing that, he is collecting a whole load of heat which is why in his match with Lawyer everyone wants to see him ass-kicked. HHH didn't burry anyone in recent weeks, all he did was get his revenge on Sheamus(who is now US Champ), and he gave Dibiase a pedigree to make himself look strong for his match with Taker, nothing wrong with that. and like Dibiase was doing anything better anyway, Hell he was not even appearing on raw.
Cole doesn't put over any wrestlers except the Miz, he just talks about himself all the time and takes away from whatever is going on in the ring.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
-insert gay joke-

Agree with OP. You can go from jobbing to world champion in the blink of an eye in WWE.
no you can't, i think you are mixing TNA with WWE, because WWE hardly does that, they give you a good push or de-push before sending you to higher level or lower level belts, Unlike TNA, TNA is the company thats a complete mess, you don't even know who the main eventers or mid-carders are, well you do know but they will all change in a week.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
Cole doesn't put over any wrestlers except the Miz, he just talks about himself all the time and takes away from whatever is going on in the ring.
yeah because he's a heel, and he is supposed to be Miz's side kick, thats why he puts him over. We will all agree that he sucks at commentary, but he isn't burrying anyone. if its his commentary, then you should also say he is burrying HHH and Cena.

· #OVER
20,700 Posts
yeah because he's a heel, and he is supposed to be Miz's side kick, thats why he puts him over. We will all agree that he sucks at commentary, but he isn't burrying anyone. if its his commentary, then you should also say he is burrying HHH and Cena.
He doesn't make anything seem important except his own feud which is NOT what a commentator should do. He's meant to build up the matches and sell the product to the fans, whether he's a heel or face, and he just doesn't do that. The reason that this Wrestlemania build-up feels so lacklustre is because of Cole's commentary.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
the only burrying i see is you burrying the ''US Title'' because its an important title and being the champ doesn't mean you are burried. Did Jericho get burried when he came from WHC to IC Championship? No, not at all and not is Sheamus. If anything, its a de-push.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
He doesn't make anything seem important except his own feud which is NOT what a commentator should do. He's meant to build up the matches and sell the product to the fans, whether he's a heel or face, and he just doesn't do that. The reason that this Wrestlemania build-up feels so lacklustre is because of Cole's commentary.
yeah he's putting over his match(no shit he will), but he also puts over other matches, Cody vs Rey, Taker vs HHH, he's only ignoring the Divas, thats it. As i said before, he sucks at commentary, but he's burrying no body and is just being a very good heel.

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cut it out with the double posts man.

If everyone on the roster was booked like super man it would be like TNA. TNA doesn't really have jobbers and from one week we can see Orlando JOrdan and Eric Young go over Ink Inc, then Ink Inc going up against Beer Money for the titles at the PPV.

However I think like I stated the problem of WWE is that wins and losses no longer matter. Sheamus was in the dog house for months and suddenly he's upper mid card again (I guess the US title is upper mid card).

Cole is burying who now? I think he can definitely take away from matches with his commentary, but lets not over use the word burial because it takes A LOT to bury someone. The divas are gonna be at the same spot in the card despite Cole's commentary and comments after the match. Ted DiBiase is going to be in the same place on the card after HHH's beat down, Sheamus was actually elevated afterwards!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.