Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 3768 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
re: All SmackDown TV Ratings, Buys, Attendance, Draw Talk Here >> THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Wow, good. Thought it'd be lower (around the 2.5 million range) due to its lackluster debut.

Looks like people still gave it a chance. Very smart of them to start off so strongly this week. It looks like they kept people hooked. Does anyone have the ratings of the separate hours?

I was surprised Brock showed up. Honestly thought it'd be just a tease. This was another area that they were smart in. Made it seem like WWE was really investing in Smackdown by having Brock appear.

·
Ho!
17,554 Posts
re: All SmackDown TV Ratings, Buys, Attendance, Draw Talk Here >> THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Considering the reaction to last week's episode, I was thinking the number would be lower.

Still as a whole they need to get that number moving up. Hopefully the quality of this week's show will get the people that tuned in this week and more to get back into it. Smackdown pretty much has no chance of beating Raw pre-MNF but if they keep up the quality of this week's show and Raw has continued mediocre showings like this week, I could definitely see Smackdowm taking the lead.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts

Not bad. They're on the right track. They are slowly retaining viewers which is what the goal should be. It won't jump to 3.0+ overnight but word of mouth travels fast with the Internet. This week's episode was great, so the onus is on them to deliver another great one next week when those who are curious because of the hype decide to glance at it. Hook viewers when they take the time to tune in. They almost blew it last week so this weeks rating is a very good sign.

They have to stay the course which is going to be extremely difficult but I think SD can easily become the better show in 9 months to a year once they flesh out this roster and build up the mid card and main event guys like Ambrose. The fact it doesn't compete with the NFL AND is two hours is only a plus in the long run. Hope they keep at it.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,327 Posts

Literally no one draws anymore. Two weeks in and ratings already down. This is when excitement for the brand split should be at a high, same goes for Raw.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts

Looks like both RAW and SD are settling down in terms of ratings. 700k more people watching RAW still shows how they mismanaged SD in the past.

·
Registered
34 Posts

It was a great show but the RATINGS have only ever been up recently because of the hype around The Drafts. People were interested in it (casuals) they'll slowly turn away from the WWE again because the WWE isn't as mainstream anymore.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts

The rating for both shows are essentially irrelevant right now in terms of deciding whether the constant decline in ratings has been stopped and viewership stabilised or even increased. They've only just begun the split, it's how ratings are in a months time at the earliest that conclusions can begin to be drawn.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

They haven't made any real changes so the ratings are going to stay where they are. If I were brought in to head creative, no matter if you hated my booking, you would know the very first night that everything has changed.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,557 Posts

Youtube Views SD 8/2/16 (1 day later)

Brock - 1,296,394
Dolph v Bray - 1,026,384
AJ/Cena - 799,959
Wyatt attacks Dolph - 709,285
Triple Threat - 594,593
Eva Marie - 568,030
AAlpha debuts - 529,705
Rhyno/Slater - 371,832

** will post Raw/SD numbers for end of the week to see the changes

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts

Youtube Views SD 8/2/16 (1 day later)

Brock - 1,296,394
Dolph v Bray - 1,026,384
AJ/Cena - 799,959
Wyatt attacks Dolph - 709,285
Triple Threat - 594,593
Eva Marie - 568,030
AAlpha debuts - 529,705
Rhyno/Slater - 371,832

** will post Raw/SD numbers for end of the week to see the changes
I really like these Youtube numbers. It shows what people are really interested in.

What's interesting is that Eva Marie gets so much hate, but her segment was almost as clicked on as much as the Triple Threat #1 contender IC match, and got more clicks than AA debuts and Rhyno/Slater segment. Very telling in my opinion. SDL have something with Eva.

Another interesting thing is the AA debut. It shows that the WWE have to build these NXT superstars and not just expect people to know who they are.

I wonder how much more revenue WWE gets through these Youtube clicks as well. Over an extra 24 hours, they got almost 5.9 million more eyes on the product. I'm aware it may be the same people viewing who watched the show the night before but I bet there is a huge fraction who didn't. Not everyone has cable TV anymore, some just stream everything off their computer nowadays. Very interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts

People like tits. It still sells. She stands out. Way. Out.
Exactly. That's why the WWE have money with her. Unfortunately for the women, despite the 'women's revolution' it is very difficult to draw decent/big numbers but tits always sell like you said.

If SDL throw Eva out there, they know people watching will stay glued.

Reactions: Bret Hart

·
Banned
8,135 Posts

Eva Marie is a fucking draw, she stands out so much... There honestly isn't anyone in the WWE or around the world that can garner the attention she can.

Those fucking tits and that ass.... :banderas :homer :lenny

Beautiful... Just beautiful, I'd let her shit in my hand.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

This is what happens when you completely kill the interest in the product of your hardcore base audience over a long period, and worse for Smackdown before this split they made SD seem like it didn't matter at all, The actual show this week was good, but its going to take good shows consistently over a LONG period to ever see significant increase in viewership for both Raw and Smackdown (SD especially)

and :lmao at anyone think Eva Marie is keeping or drawing in any viewers...its 2016 you want to see hot women in tight close check out this thing you are on called the internet much better sources for that than "PG" WWE programming....

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts

Dissapointed with that AA youtube number but there not going to draw against any of the SD teams cause they all suck in and out of kayfabe.

They should move Alpha to Raw and make it the tag team show or call up The Revival quick and let them do a best of 5 series for the title or something on SD.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts

and :lmao at anyone think Eva Marie is keeping or drawing in any viewers...its 2016 you want to see hot women in tight close check out this thing you are on called the internet much better sources for that than "PG" WWE programming....
Well numbers are numbers.

Eva Marie getting more clicks than the AA debut.

Everyone talks about Eva Marie, good or bad, her name gets around. That's what WWE likes.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts

Well numbers are numbers.

Eva Marie getting more clicks than the AA debut.

Everyone talks about Eva Marie, good or bad, her name gets around. That's what WWE likes.
Oh you were referring to the Youtube #s . That thing on the INTERNET, which is where I said people go to see their hot women. TV audience >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Youtube views when it comes to the way the WWE makes their money.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying Eva has no value to the WWE. As long as they keep her ass out of the ring as a wrestler she has value, but she not some major draw :lmao

161 - 180 of 3768 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.