Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 3768 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
its because of the Olympics..and by the way, they have retained the vast majority of their viewership since the brand split. August of the same week last year in 2015 they had 400,000 less viewers so its been successful thus far and two weeks in a row they've stayed number one in the 18-49 demo which is very important. The Olympics had something to do with it but they only lost 200,000 viewers from last week. They're doing well.

Smackdown is going to start getting real good ratings. Everyone loves the underdog and it just has better wrestling on its show. Raw doesn't interest me in any fashion whatsoever. A lot of people agree with me apparently. SD has grown its viewership average in one year, Raw has LOST its viewership average in one year. which one is doing better?

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
re: All SmackDown TV Ratings, Buys, Attendance, Draw Talk Here >> THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

Smackdown is going to start getting real good ratings. Everyone loves the underdog and it just has better wrestling on its show. Raw doesn't interest me in any fashion whatsoever. A lot of people agree with me apparently. SD has grown its viewership average in one year, Raw has LOST its viewership average in one year. which one is doing better?
Casuals will tune in for Cena and Bryan, the 2 most over guys of the last decade.

It has more popular stars, more popular GM/Commissioner pairing and an hour less, it had to gain ground really.

Lol if Raw and SD just ended up swapping ratings, wonder what USA would think of that.

I'm not American, isn't Monday's bigger for the NFL? Which presumably good see more people choosing to watch SD?

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Re: WWE Smackdown Live Viewership Drops Again.

Multiple factors: it takes time for ratings to match the quality of show, some steeper competition especially in swimming/gymanstics, and the stigma of being the continuation of Raw AND the lesser of those two. But if the show continues to be decent to great, the numbers will improve.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
re: All SmackDown TV Ratings, Buys, Attendance, Draw Talk Here >> THE BLUE BRAND RATINGS WAR

That's why SD is going to take over. There's no NFL on Tuesdays. So SD automatically will win the majority of weeks going forward. Its actually been winning the last two weeks. Raw might have had more viewers those two straight weeks but the demo is what matters and SD has been number one in the only demo that matters and that's 18-49. And its been in the top two on cable. Raw can't even maintain being number 3 or number 4 on cable on a weekly basis. So SD is already ahead. I think when the NFL starts murdering Raw and SD is consistenly winning each week, that'll lead to the rumored Shane/Triple H match..the frustration of the underdog winning.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts

That's why SD is going to take over. There's no NFL on Tuesdays. So SD automatically will win the majority of weeks going forward. Its actually been winning the last two weeks. Raw might have had more viewers those two straight weeks but the demo is what matters and SD has been number one in the only demo that matters and that's 18-49. And its been in the top two on cable. Raw can't even maintain being number 3 or number 4 on cable on a weekly basis. So SD is already ahead. I think when the NFL starts murdering Raw and SD is consistenly winning each week, that'll lead to the rumored Shane/Triple H match..the frustration of the underdog winning.
It's not going to happen that quickly. It's far more difficult to acquire new viewers for a show than it is to retain them. RAW started out with a million more viewers than SD. It did close the gap considerably, but it's going to take a while for the show to be built up.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

@SilvasBrokenLeg I definitely agree with you that it'll take time. The NFL, though, is 17 weeks long not including playoffs. I think in that time frame, it can go ahead of Raw. My prediction is halfway, weeks 8 or 9 it takes over. On Raw there's just nothing interesting right now, Finn Balor is boring to me personally. Smackdown just holds my interest. It might be a biased opinion, but I think that SD will go ahead by the middle of the NFL season.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts

SD is doing better than it did last year, RAW is doing worse. That tells the story that SD is right now at least doing what it set out to do.

Anyone who thought SD would retain 3 million + ratings is nuts. People always tune in for the biggest impact shows.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts

Just curious, was Raw competing with Phelps on Monday night too?
I think semi swims only. The major medal rounds seemed to be last night.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
6,644 Posts

Is this because of the Olympics games or because Neither Ambrose nor Ziggler or Bray are draws?
Last week´s ratings were also pretty terrible.

"Tuesday's edition of WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.455 million viewers, which was down on last week’s 2.681 million viewership average.

The show featured Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan in the main event.

The episode was running head to head with the Olympics coverage, which will have had an impact on viewership."
It's more of option C -- you being a mental midget unnecessarily when I'm certain you're more intelligent than that. You don't comprehend the numbers because that'd take actual effort. You're seeing an (8%) drop so the sky is falling. They lost 200k to Michael Phelps and have gained (and for the most part, retained) a little over 400k viewers since the split. They aren't going to do 3.0's over night, and if you're discrediting them and the performers after three weeks and SD historically being the 'B'-show, you'd have likely been calling for Austin to be depushed three months into his run since RAW didn't overtake Nitro overnight and very much lagged behind them in ratings for a lengthy stretch.

"Put the title back on Shawn." :lol

You don't gain a million viewers overnight, but SD isn't losing an astronomical amount either. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and you look absolutely ridiculous to anyone who possesses an ounce of critical thinking skills. Those numbers (primarily considering the lows they have come from from) aren't bad. At all, and if you think they were, it's a good thing you weren't old enough to spell your name in 1998 because you would have been on a geocities dirt sheet site declaring the company was dead because DX, Rock and Austin couldn't outdraw WCW overnight.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts

Lmao yeah I could see them burying SD if it does too well lol. Smh

·
Registered
4,227 Posts

it was just a storyline idea I thought they were going toward. They are making a big deal about the two sides feuding so Shane/Triple having a match, I figured it would be based upon Smackdown doing better. That's all! Also, SD is doing very well in ratings right now, they're retaining at least 80% or more of their audience week to week. I'm sure they'd like to gain viewers instead of losing 10-20% every week but that's still a nice retention no matter what. They can build on that, on the right track.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

Eva Marie Wardrobe malfunction already has over 2 million hits on youtube :trips7

We are going back to bra and panties matches aren't we :batista3

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts

Eva Marie Wardrobe malfunction already has over 2 million hits on youtube :trips7

We are going back to bra and panties matches aren't we :batista3
Haha I noticed this too, the most views since the Lesnar/Orton attacks.

I think its more the words Wardrobe Malfunction than it is Eva too, Lana would of got so much more at the height of her popularity a year ago.

Maybe it meeans we will see more stuff like this in general given the popularity and WWE's social media obsession.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts

Haha I noticed this too, the most views since the Lesnar/Orton attacks.

I think its more the words Wardrobe Malfunction than it is Eva too, Lana would of got so much more at the height of her popularity a year ago.

Maybe it meeans we will see more stuff like this in general given the popularity and WWE's social media obsession.
Even without the wardrobe shes usually 3rd most viewed.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts

Horrifying.

If the world still goes this crazy for a traditionally hot chick, they need to all up Mandy Rose ASAP.

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts

I was waiting for wwetna1 to post the YouTube viewership because that seems like he's shtick but I'll go ahead and post some.

Smackdown Live YouTube views from 08/09/16 -> 08/12/16

1) Eva Marie wardrobe malfunction ---------2,291,490
2) Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio --------- 1,080,156
3) Bray Wyatt & Erick Rowan opener ------- 881,878
4) Bray & Rowan vs. Dean & Ziggler ------- 794,541
5) AAlpha vs. Local jobbers ----------------- 623,370
6) Becky Lynch vs. Alex Bliss --------------- 611,425
7) Rhyno vs. Heath Slater ------------------ 593,355
8) AJ Styles - Cena promo package -------- 476,765
9) Carmella vs. Natalya --------------------- 415,431
10) Baron Corbin assaults Kalisto ---------- 391,102

Eva Marie = :vince$. Haters gonna hate.