Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the WWE is slowly building towards a major 'invasion' storyline, taking similar vibes and storyline elements from the WWF/WCW/ECW invasion storyline and generally the New World Order. The whole mystery behind the Nexus's 'real intentions' and the general booking of the feud so far really seems to be demonstrating that.

Last night a lot of the seeds were really laid, the promo they booked for Arn Anderson is really telling in all of this. The way it suggested he knew what was going to happen because of history and things that had happend before.

The other 'tell tale' sign was the booking of the heels and faces on RAW, there was a huge theme of the faces and heels putting aside differences to 'fight off the Nexus' menace. You had Arn Anderson mentioning Jericho, Edge, Orton, Cena and Sheamus needing to put aside differences and team together. They are already teasing Edge, Orton, Jericho and Sheamus's allegiance and demonstrating their characters 'concious thought'.

The way i'm seeing things the Nexus group will continue to develop, they'll continue to terrorize the WWE and bring it 'crashing and burning' down. We'll eventually see more members join the group I imagine, and a 'WWE' team form through a long term storyline to face it. We'll see Sheamus, Edge, Orton, Jericho and Cena rally together along with the potential for Triple H to return and get involved I believe..

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Maybe the big plan is to dominate both brands? maybe NXT2 takes over SMACKDOWN! - but who knows i guess we will see.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts