Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 5588 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Re: Raw draws poor attendance for major market show

But he doesn't want to talk about half of the Smackdown arena being empty under AJ's watch. He blames Jinder because he's the champion. Guess what? AJ is the US Champion and Roman hasn't held a title all year. If they wanted to buy a ticket to see AJ, then they'd buy a ticket to see AJ. Quit making excuses. Your guy isn't doing shit either. No one is more qualified to be FOTC than Reigns. Get over it.

He makes more Reigns threads than AJ threads. He's made more Reigns threads than all of us combined. It's really sad.
AJ is not being groomed as the FOTC.

·
Banned
617 Posts

So because Roman isn't champion he can't be blamed? Isn't he the FOTC? They even mentioned how he sells the tickets, so it's his fault
You don't even know if he was in the show or not. lol

Besides, you are attacking Reigns because appareantly Meltzer stated some random show didn't draw well, without any information beyond that.

You just take any little chance to hate on Reigns, think about how pathetic you people look sometimes, I mean yeah I know you hate him, but Jesus... Calm your tits.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
This is a Raw show though. He's the main man on Raw. Why aren't people paying to see him? I thought he was a draw Roman marks. Your YouTube argument can't save you now. I like how before it was always the FOTC's fault in other eras but now that Roman is that and attendance is bad it's not his fault according to his marks lol how convenient. Keep being in denial

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts

No one is more qualified to be FOTC than Reigns. Get over it.
His run as the FOTC says otherwise.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
This is a Raw show though. He's the main man on Raw. Why aren't people paying to see him? I thought he was a draw Roman marks. Your YouTube argument can't save you now. I like how before it was always the FOTC's fault in other eras but now that Roman is that and attendance is bad it's not his fault according to his marks lol how convenient. Keep being in denial
Such a baiting post

·
Banned
6,852 Posts

Reigns really is the best choice. Like I said many times before people should start mentally preparing themselves for him to be the FOTC in the long run or risk driving themselves insane

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,608 Posts

Reigns really is the best choice. Like I said many times before people should start mentally preparing themselves for him to be the FOTC in the long run or risk driving themselves insane

Bad attendance and declining ratings say otherwise.

You don't even know if he was in the show or not. lol

Besides, you are attacking Reigns because appareantly Meltzer stated some random show didn't draw well, without any information beyond that.

You just take any little chance to hate on Reigns, think about how pathetic you people look sometimes, I mean yeah I know you hate him, but Jesus... Calm your tits.
WWE has also run the market a lot in recent weeks with a PPV the night before in Los Angeles and a Raw two weeks ago at the Honda Center

Not some random show, rather Raw and house shows leading up to "the wrestlemania worthy" matches.

. No one is more qualified to be FOTC than Reigns. Get over it.
[/B][/COLOR]
If no one is more qualified then why is attendance down? Why are ratings down?

·
The EST of NXT
28,563 Posts

If no one is more qualified then why is attendance down? Why are ratings down?
Kevin Owens drew all time low ratings as champion. Smackdown has half empty arenas with AJ Styles on it. Brock Lesnar has been champion since Mania and attendance dwindles weekly. What's your excuse?

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,608 Posts

Kevin Owens drew all time low ratings as champion. Smackdown has half empty arenas with AJ Styles on it. Brock Lesnar has been champion since Mania and attendance dwindles weekly. What's your excuse?
All of what you said is true but how does this excuses Reigns, who is the face of the company? He is suppose to be their top star and audience and rating are declining under him.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts

The funny thing here is people blaming talent for people not being interested, when all the talent have to do is show up. It's the writers job to produce compelling TV and shows. There's only so much the talent can do with the direction they're given, and whilst I don't care for Reigns all too much, nor Jinder, the fact people aren't showing up isn't so much them. It's the direction of the TV shows and creative's lack of understanding how to market past an audience that already watches its product.

A belt isn't going to change whether people turn up to a show that has predetermined champs. That hasn't been the case since wrestling was widely known as a "fake sport". A championship can only take you so far.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts

This is the same argument as every other time.

People will say that it's a certain person's fault and then when a show does well they will say that WWE is the draw and not any wrestler. The fact is at this point in time there is no viable option for FOTC. WWE is going to stick to their guns until the right person comes along. They have done it before. Sometimes as a company and as fans you just have to eat the shit your given until the right circumstances come along Nash, Hart, Michaels from 1994-1997 were terrible for business even before Nitro was on TV WWE's number were falling. Circumstances had to change for things to turn around. I'm not trying to absolve anyone of their culpability, but to an extent it is a product of a larger problem. That larger problem is that the wrestling bubble is so small that there is little to no appeal in the industry to anyone who exists outside of that bubble. There isn't a person working in wrestling that has that potential major appeal to a larger audience to help lift it out of it's downswing. There is no noticeable shift in product presentation that will draw more people in to the show. Until one or the other(preferably both) are apparent this is the state of the WWE. No other wrestling product does the number that WWE does so you can say that their model as flawed as it may be is still the most successful model to use. NJPW isn't going to draw ratings or attendance like WWE, Impact LU ROH all the same. Would a competitor help WWE? Probably, but said competitor has to be a legitimate threat.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

Do people seriously go to shows to see one wrestler? I go to shows to see the entire roster, not just one wrestler :lol

·
The EST of NXT
28,563 Posts

All of what you said is true but how does this excuses Reigns, who is the face of the company? He is suppose to be their top star and audience and rating are declining under him.
There are no excuses. However, you asked why should Reigns be the top star if ratings and attendance is declining, and I proved that there's no alternative that would do better than Reigns since they also declined under your indy darlings and Lesnar. They can't even sell more t-shirts than Reigns, let alone tickets.

·
Banned
806 Posts

Roman fan salt is the best..I remember when he was the reason Wm sold out despite sting having his first wwe match ..face it hes not a draw hes being put over everyone the entire roster is being tossed under the bus for him and the stats show its not going good Vince will crash the plane trying to get Roman over

·
Registered
159 Posts
Or they dropped after Miz vs Roman ended and that you are wrong in this case.
That's far more plausible because Roman and Miz are top guys and after their match there was nothing important To tune into hence the drop.
Enzo Amore getting destroyed is the most watched segment on youtube and it's not even close :shrug

121 - 140 of 5588 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.