Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 5588 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
It seems like they've become aware of the 3rd hour drops and are putting mostly filler in that hour, hence the steep drops. Ratings are better than last year, but not really saying much since last year had the election coverage.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
With the bad attendance for house shows, I'm genuinely wondering if for that Starrcade special, they can actually draw more fans than the final Starrcade 2000, which did about 6.000 I think.

I'm not sure Vince wants to go down in history as booking WCW PPVs worse than WCW itself.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
With the bad attendance for house shows, I'm genuinely wondering if for that Starrcade special, they can actually draw more fans than the final Starrcade 2000, which did about 6.000 I think.

I'm not sure Vince wants to go down in history as booking WCW PPVs worse than WCW itself.
With Stars like BOOBY Roode and Rickey SEAMboat I don't see how Starrcade could fail :bosque

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
With quarter three (July to September) now complete, here are how things are looking percentage wise. The +/- is an average of the comparison between (i.e. for Q3 2017):

- the previous quarter (Q2 2017)
- one year earlier (Q3 2016)
- two years earlier (Q3 2015)

Here are the quarter three percentage figures for recent years:

-0.7% = 2012
-2.7% = 2014
-3.0% = 2017
-8.1% = 2013
-8.6% = 2015
-17.9% = 2016

From a year perspective:

Q3 2012 = 4.47 million
Q3 2013 = 4.00 million (down 10.7%)
Q3 2014 = 4.11 million (up 2.9%)
Q3 2015 = 3.62 million (down 12.0%)
Q3 2016 = 3.00 million (down 17.0%)
Q3 2017 = 3.08 million (up 2.5%)

:)

·
Baby Yoda
29,768 Posts
They made fun of WWE for having to paper the house, which was the one thing on the show that I thought WWE wouldn’t be happy about, because it would be a Raw nerve since they drew 6,000 fans for a major market show, but WWE has also run the market a lot in recent weeks with a PPV the night before in Los Angeles and a Raw two weeks ago at the Honda Center.
Selling the tickets you haven't sold in 5 years John :reigns2

·
Baby Yoda
29,768 Posts
Raw draws poor attendance for major market show

They made fun of WWE for having to paper the house, which was the one thing on the show that I thought WWE wouldn’t be happy about, because it would be a Raw nerve since they drew 6,000 fans for a major market show, but WWE has also run the market a lot in recent weeks with a PPV the night before in Los Angeles and a Raw two weeks ago at the Honda Center.
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I see Roman is still selling the tickets John hasn't sold in 5 years :reigns2

Edit: Mods, don't let this waste away in the Raw draws thread. This needs to be seen by those who harp on about business being great and rEc0rd rEVeNue.

·
Banned
6,852 Posts
Or they dropped when Roman-Miz began and continued to do so through the third hour.... That's supported as both hr 2 and 3 suffered drops.

That's far more plausible than the ratings dying after Roman-Miz.
Or they dropped after Miz vs Roman ended and that you are wrong in this case.
That's far more plausible because Roman and Miz are top guys and after their match there was nothing important To tune into hence the drop.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Re: Raw draws poor attendance for major market show

Do people still parrot record revenue nowadays? I swear, I think even the most ardent of WWE fans have given up trying to defend WWE with that.

·
The EST of NXT
28,697 Posts

This isn't swell, but AJ couldn't even sell out the Impact Zone

But he doesn't want to talk about half of the Smackdown arena being empty under AJ's watch. He blames Jinder because he's the champion. Guess what? AJ is the US Champion and Roman hasn't held a title all year. If they wanted to buy a ticket to see AJ, then they'd buy a ticket to see AJ. Quit making excuses. Your guy isn't doing shit either. No one is more qualified to be FOTC than Reigns. Get over it.

Another Roman Reigns thread by Ace.
He makes more Reigns threads than AJ threads. He's made more Reigns threads than all of us combined. It's really sad.

·
Registered
22,380 Posts

But he doesn't want to talk about half of the Smackdown arena being empty under AJ's watch. He blames Jinder because he's the champion. Guess what? AJ is the US Champion and Roman hasn't held a title all year. If they wanted to buy a ticket to see AJ, then they'd buy a ticket to see AJ. Quit making excuses. Your guy isn't doing shit either. No one is more qualified to be FOTC than Reigns. Get over it.

He makes more Reigns threads than AJ threads. He's made more Reigns threads than all of us combined. It's really sad.
Of course not because its never anybody else's fault for not drawing crowds but Reigns. Champion or not, Main event or not Reigns should draw for all shows, except Mania because that doesn't count lol

·
The EST of NXT
28,697 Posts

Of course not because its never anybody else's fault for not drawing crowds but Reigns. Champion or not, Main event or not Reigns should draw for all shows, except Mania because that doesn't count lol
He's even in the Smackdown threads blaming Reigns for bad booking and empty arenas :lmao.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

When you have Enzo Amore in your main event slot not even all of the Attitude Era main eventers can cover that shit.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts

haha legit boss is butt hurt cause his boy toy roman reigns is a failure and can't draw flies to shit.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts

But I thought Roman was selling tickets and WWE didn't care about the Bullet Club...

Honestly, I don't blame Roman, he isn't that important to begin with, you can take him off for 6 to a year months and business would be the same.

81 - 100 of 5588 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.