Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5581 - 5588 of 5588 Posts

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
Re: The STATE of these "Crowds" man -Pics of Raw "Crowd"-

I didn't say the AE was perfect. But you can't deny the crowds were hot every night. Even the lower card got massive pops and had undeniable charisma. Take any jobber from the AE and their reaction dwarfs anyone on the current roster.
I agree with you on the crowds been hot, it was amazing. Not everyone had amazing charisma but if you move most of the guys from this era to that Attitude era they would have gotten crazy reactions too. Thanks to what Austin and The Rock did.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

I agree with you on the crowds been hot, it was amazing. Not everyone had amazing charisma but if you move most of the guys from this era to that Attitude era they would have gotten crazy reactions too. Thanks to what Austin and The Rock did.
cha·ris·ma
/kəˈrizmə/
Learn to pronounce
noun
compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.
By this definition, majority of AE roster had charisma

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
So u are comparing rock and Austin 2 once in a life stars in a once in a life time wrestling boom to others lol. Duh not even Bret Hart, cena, hbk got those kind of pops. She is nuclear over

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No they won’t lol, men like me find that lame. There is more media and social media out let’s to watch hot women.

Let me ask u a question have u ever been to a live wwe show? I have been to many and she’s over with the entire fanbase. To say otherwise is completely ignorant and if u don’t believe watch our segment with Ronda. The ratings is the fault of Vince period. Also attendance has been falling hard since 2016. Just Type in wwe attendance in 2016 and you will see.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I don’t think I ever said it would absolutely work. You seem to be taking this emotionally and personally. I’m looking at it analytically. Vince isn’t going anywhere. Everyone knows that and it’s a long shot that they catch lightning in a bottle. But that doesn’t mean you don’t try. Take the guys that you haven’t tried before and build them up. Maybe you get lucky. I don’t see the point in treading water with proven failures Seth, Kofi, Becky etcetera if you’re not concurrently working on the people you plan to hand the ball off to next. As of now, it’s probably going back to Brock & Roman because WWE is thinking the same way you are.
Other than EC3 you didn’t name any new guys that haven't been booked strongly at one point(Lashley, really?) but haven’t gone anywhere because of WWE’s usual creative weaknesses. And if by proven failure you mean by not drawing fans to the product, you might as well have a list and put everybody’s name on it. My argument is that no matter who you put into the top spot nothing is gonna change unless WWE completely change they way creative ways. Your gonna need a transcendent talent on the level of Austin to make a dent right now if things stay as they are creatively. In the last 10 years, WWE has had “catch lightning in a bottle” moments and have squandered it every time. To me that’s not wrestler issue. It’s a booking issue.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Other than EC3 you didn’t name any new guys that haven't been booked strongly at one point(Lashley, really?) but haven’t gone anywhere because of WWE’s usual creative weaknesses. And if by proven failure you mean by not drawing fans to the product, you might as well have a list and put everybody’s name on it. My argument is that no matter who you put into the top spot nothing is gonna change unless WWE completely change they way creative ways. Your gonna need a transcendent talent on the level of Austin to make a dent right now if things stay as they are creatively. In the last 10 years, WWE has had “catch lightning in a bottle” moments and have squandered it every time. To me that’s not wrestler issue. It’s a booking issue.
By proven failure I mean people pushed hard as champions for many months with absolutely nothing but a negative effect on the ratings. None of the people I mentioned have been in that spot yet (save for Lashley and that was many years ago). How do you find the next Austin if you’re not looking? I’ve got news for everyone, Vince was a moron with bad ideas 25 years ago. This isn’t a recent development. It’s just that guys like Hogan and Austin that couldn’t miss once you gave them the ball came through and bailed him out.

And it’s both a booking and a talent issue. You can argue what the balance is on that, but I still don’t see why anyone would argue against continuing to try other things unless people have hurt feelings that they got what they want this time around and the broader audience rejected it.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts

Never mind 1999, in 2017 and early 2018 the crowds were generally hotter than they are today for largely the same roster. And the TV numbers weren't cratering at the rate they have been lately.

BUT, there have also been some changes in the main event scenes since then.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Anybody that hasn’t had the title. Guys like EC3, Roode, Lashley, Cesaro, Elias, Drew, Braun, Bray’s won it but he’s worth another try. Build these guys up. Give them new gimmicks. The guys that can’t talk make them heels and give them serious managers.
What's interesting about the recent promotion of Heyman and new hiring of Bischoff. We may just get this. Wrestlers have a good report with Heyman, now that he has "more pull", their ideas may have a better chance of getting used now.

Speaking of EC3 pair him with Maverick. That's a no brainer. But to try something different....

Give EC3 a run, and give him a mini stable. For the first few weeks EC3, let him establish himself as a heel by singles matches, winning all of them of course. Let him do promos (he's very good at these), etc... Then for his first feud against a face(not a top tier face either. This is key, let him start mid card. Don't rush by going after for example Rollins), have Tyler Breeze do a run in and help EC3.

Then work these two, Breeze by his side during promos. Have Breeze win a few singles matches and tags with EC3. Short time after that, bring in Fandango (actually he should go back to Johnny Curtis) as another wrestler to help EC3. Boom there's your mini stable of 3 guys. It's a good slow build, don't rush anything. Works out too because Curtis is just getting back from an injury(no need to rush him). They all have the same style/look too, good fit imho. Besides, Breeze/Curtis are close and work very well together. Plus EC3 from what we see on social media gets along with Breeze too. It's a perfect match & chemistry. Off screen and on screen chemistry is key.

5581 - 5588 of 5588 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.