Wrestling Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1825 Posts

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
By all accounts the show has been better for a while now, hopefully viewership can improve steadily and they continue to go down a more adult orientated path. Their average viewer is about 50 years old, there's no need to aim for the kids.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
People defending those numbers lol.

They're close to 1million during wrestlemania season. Only a few years ago they were around 5 million, right? The ship is well and truly sinking.

·
Registered
645 Posts
No one's lying. Check the chart. All three hours are at the very top of the chart. Demo or not, Nielsen put all 3 hours at the top.
They rank by demo, not total viewers. It isnt an AEW faithful thing to say demo is all that matters, that is truly how it is. So Raw has the highest demo on Monday nights every week thus they are the best show on Monday nights except for about 16 NFL nights and the occasional sports special (NBA Finals/March Madness/College Football).

The demo really is all that truly matters.

·
Registered
645 Posts
People defending those numbers lol.

They're close to 1million during wrestlemania season. Only a few years ago they were around 5 million, right? The ship is well and truly sinking.
Come on man, the way people view television changes daily and more rapidly than anytime since the beginning of cable way back in the last century.

It is silly to think AEW isn't drawing as much as peak TNA was and its silly to think WWE is in the toilet when they are bringing in $500 million in rights fees a year. So tired of hearing both of these arguments. So cliche

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
51,640 Posts
They rank by demo, not total viewers. It isnt an AEW faithful thing to say demo is all that matters, that is truly how it is. So Raw has the highest demo on Monday nights every week thus they are the best show on Monday nights except for about 16 NFL nights and the occasional sports special (NBA Finals/March Madness/College Football).

The demo really is all that truly matters.
Spot on.

·
Registered
709 Posts
V1 | D1: 2.671M [4th] | 0.870D [1st]
V2 | D2: 2.559M [7th] | 0.820D [2nd]
V3 | D3: 2.082M [11th] | 0.680D [4th]

3V | 3D: 2.437M | 0.790D

H2 | H1:
[ - 0.112M | - 7.65% ]
[ - 0.050D | - 5.75% ]
H3 | H2:
[ - 0.477M | - 18.64% ]
[ - 0.140D | - 17.07% ]
H3 | H1:
[ - 0.589M | - 22.05% ]
[ - 0.190D | - 21.84% ]

W-W:
[ + 0.100M | + 4.28% ]
[ - 0.007D | - 0.88% ]

Y-Y:
[ - 0.334M | - 12.05% ]
[ - 0.173D | - 17.96% ]

·
Registered
7,680 Posts
LMAO oh so close...that 3rd hour was basically the regression to the mean. If they had held on at 2.2 or 2.3 in hour 3 they might have hit 2.5 overall. It amuses me that the TV world denied them that number and dragged them all the way back closer down to their usual averages lately.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
People complaining about old wrestlers being useless every single week while MVP and Matt Hardy draw more than Ricochet, Kevin Owens and Aleister Black. I love it.
(I'm not that stupid; making a couple of wrestlers entirebly responsible for a somewhat decent number is not accurate, and third hour always loses viewers. But still)

·
Registered
926 Posts
18% drop over last year. That bleed is here to stay. There’s not a bottom. Fewer and fewer people will watch the show, their demos will get worse since most of their viewers are over 50.

1. But watch Showstopper claim these ratings are “amazing” that they can beat whatever taped low budget show is on TLC, History, Bravo.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
They’ve got about a quarter of their audience that is clearly drifting away. As someone said above, there is no floor. They will quite possibly be averaging sub 2.0s within 12 months.

1621 - 1640 of 1825 Posts