Wrestling Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1625 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lol at trying to pretend this garbage number is good.

They were literally doing better numbers heading into Royal Rumble than they are coming out of it. For how shit 2019 was for ratings, even this didn't happen last year during Mania season. This is a clear sign that Drew is a flop and the Edge/Orton angle was a stupid move. Neither of those things has generated interest. No one gives a shit about these angles. I can't believe they wasted the Royal Rumble in such a boneheaded way.

They should've done Edge/Rollins so it was something new and Brock should've had to fend off multiple contenders. Make it chaotic and build the angle around a few guys having it out for Brock, and Brock having to survive them. Not the same old shit of "I'm going to be the one to take down Brock Lesnar" when it's already been done last year, and was a complete flop.

It's crazy how Raw just remains the same old shit.

·
Registered
19,962 Posts
Lol at trying to pretend this garbage number is good.

They were literally doing better numbers heading into Royal Rumble than they are coming out of it. For how shit 2019 was for ratings, even this didn't happen last year during Mania season. This is a clear sign that Drew is a flop and the Edge/Orton angle was a stupid move. Neither of those things has generated interest. No one gives a shit about these angles. I can't believe they wasted the Royal Rumble in such a boneheaded way.

They should've done Edge/Rollins so it was something new and Brock should've had to fend off multiple contenders. Make it chaotic and build the angle around a few guys having it out for Brock, and Brock having to survive them. Not the same old shit of "I'm going to be the one to take down Brock Lesnar" when it's already been done last year, and was a complete flop.

It's crazy how Raw just remains the same old shit.
They had the top 3 hours on cable what more do you want lol

·
Registered
19,962 Posts
Seth was drawing great numbers before the Rumble. The best numbers they had seen in months.

He just needed a great babyface to work with. Gargano would have been perfect.

Drew, Edge, Orton, Lesnar? Give me a break,
And you think Gargano who's only known to a small portion of the audience was going to help bring in 500k people with no prior exposure?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
They should have called Gargano up to face Rollins for the belt. Gargano should have won the rumble.

Rollins should still be a champion. Just as a heel.

They would be pushing the 3 million mark had they done just that imo.
I'd question a month long build of Punk vs. Austin doing 3 million but yeah, let's just have this tiny dude that nobody knows come in and face Rollins.

I like Gargano but really if you don't watch NXT you don't know who the guy is so where are one million people who don't watch coming from?

·
Registered
341 Posts
This makes me curious what USA Network will be asking come Mania time.

Last year Seth and Becky flopped so badly coming out of Mania, USA Network had them implement the Wild Card out of nowhere. If these terrible numbers are what they're doing heading into Mania, they're likely going below 2 million soon after Mania itself.

If Raw continues flopping, I imagine we'll end up with the brand split dead again at some point in the future. This reminds me of why it died the first time after Batista was gone, and guys like Edge, Orton etc. obviously weren't capable of carrying on Smackdown and it just ended up dying a long and slow death. Except this time, it's gonna end up being the show that was the flagship for decades that's the cause of it. Granted Raw is the B show now, but an entire history of being the flagship show is behind it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes. This is what happens to your ratings when 90 (if not more) percent of your roster is full of charisma vacuum vanilla midgets. Imagine picking a geek like Ricochet over Bobby Lashley to battle Brock Lesnar for WWE Champion and thinking anyone is going to take that shit serious.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Last week was pretty good with a hot open and a great start. We saw a big decline in quality. Little Ric facing Brock at Blood Oil too. I resubscribed for the Rumble but after the free month I am back out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Og course the rating scare bad. Nobody wants to watch geeks like Rollins, McIntyre, Ricochet, Buddy Murphy, etc. Only good thing going for RAW is Edge and Orton

·
Registered
891 Posts
Just beating whatever is on Bravo, VH1, the History Channel, MTV etc...ain't good enough when you are losing 20% of your audience ever year, and USA is paying you 500 million dollars. I've never heard of the show Below Deck, I couldn't find the Bravo channel if you asked me, but WWE barely beating them is not a "win". Fewer people are watching Raw than ever before, and you can basically say that every year. And they are on TV, on a Monday night, when nothing else is on and nobody is going out.

If you put Raw on Friday nights, it'd probably do 1.5 mils

·
it's a tarp!
4,437 Posts
Last year Feb 4 2019 had an 18-49 rating of 0.9, 0.9, 0.8 for the 3 respective hours.
-With all the shows just below pulling in 0.6's

This years episode had 0.72, 0.66 0.63.
-With the 2 shows immediately below pulling in 0.62 and 0.6

One more year of this and RAW could be lucky to stay in the Top 10 shows altogether.

·
Premium Member
9,649 Posts
This makes me curious what USA Network will be asking come Mania time.

Last year Seth and Becky flopped so badly coming out of Mania, USA Network had them implement the Wild Card out of nowhere. If these terrible numbers are what they're doing heading into Mania, they're likely going below 2 million soon after Mania itself.

If Raw continues flopping, I imagine we'll end up with the brand split dead again at some point in the future. This reminds me of why it died the first time after Batista was gone, and guys like Edge, Orton etc. obviously weren't capable of carrying on Smackdown and it just ended up dying a long and slow death. Except this time, it's gonna end up being the show that was the flagship for decades that's the cause of it. Granted Raw is the B show now, but an entire history of being the flagship show is behind it.
When the hell did that happen?

SD started dying around 2012 between Bryan/Sheamus title reign (not blaming them, they were rookies at the time).

·
Registered
742 Posts
Play Stupid Games, Win Stupid Prizes. This is what happens to your ratings when 90 (if not more) percent of your roster is full of charisma vacuum vanilla midgets. Imagine picking a geek like Ricochet over Bobby Lashley to battle Brock Lesnar for WWE Champion and thinking anyone is going to take that shit serious.
The problem is they are taking way too many people just to lock them out of AEW, New Japan, ROH, NWA, Impact, etc.

WWE has needed a massive talent purge for a LONG TIME.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
That’s a bad number in the grand scheme of things. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that some people here will never understand the business side of the numbers. Being top 3 in the night in the demo is meaningless with the cross section of the demo WWE pulls in. That’s why they will never have the holy grail type of advertisers. There’s a reason USA is complaining to WWE and pitching ideas to boost the rating. They aren’t happy. They aren’t getting what they paid for. There’s a reason WWE fired it’s co-presidents and booted them off the board. It’s not about the last, it’s about the next. And WWE is on a road where their next round of tv deals will be a fraction of the last one and that’s not going to cut it.

1581 - 1600 of 1625 Posts