Wrestling Forum banner

141 - 160 of 2951 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Bro, just stop. Brock is not a big star in 2019 or long before. Saying otherwise is pure dickriding at this point. He's just a massive drain on the product with far too little returned to justify it. There is nothing that's going to change it. Nothing. Stop the dickriding.
I don’t know that anyone is saying he’s a big star. He probably still would be for UFC, but he’s undeniably WWE’s biggest star and they need him to impress the networks. That’s all I’m saying. Does he help the ratings? Yeah probably but it’s so de minimis at this point it’s no longer worth keeping score.

And hey I’m not trying to hurt your feelings or anything. Just throwing out my $0.02. Remember, it’s just a wrestling forum. Nothing here is changing the world or affecting lives. If my opinion is really getting you that upset just take a break from the net for awhile and get some perspective.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
LOL Brock the ratings killer
Brock isn’t the answer. The better move would have been to have Brock squash Kofi and try to rehab the WWE Title and SD in general. But as far as Raw goes, Brock will only help very, very minimally. They damaged him too much last year (on purpose I should add). Seth was a failure but I don’t think that surprised anybody. Still, I would have kept it on Seth and tried building up some new contenders that they haven’t tried before. The people that talk about everything revolving around The Shield and Brock are right. That’s been done to death and hasn’t done great business anyways.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,344 Posts
Bro, just stop. Brock is not a big star in 2019 or long before. Saying otherwise is pure dickriding at this point. He's just a massive drain on the product with far too little returned to justify it. There is nothing that's going to change it. Nothing. Stop the dickriding.
When Hour 3 outdraws Hour 1 which had the company's biggest name in it coming off a title win from the previous night's PPV.

:walphtf

·
Registered
944 Posts
Brock is a draw but he isn’t a draw on Raw if that makes sense. Announcing that Brock Lesnar is going to be on Raw does absolutely nothing for viewers because the last 5 years he basically comes out, bounces around and lets Paul Heyman cut some variation of the same promo he’s done the last 5 years. You get nothing from a Brock appearance. At least if The Rock shows up you get a good promo, with Brock it’s nothing and the same old shit.

Having said that, Brock is still a PPV draw. He has a big fight, main event aura that no one else in the company does. His matches always feel special even though like his Raw appearances you know what to expect.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
When Hour 3 outdraws Hour 1 which had the company's biggest name in it coming off a title win from the previous night's PPV.

:walphtf
Not that it had anything to do with Brock (although the news of a title change spreading might have contributed), but the show building on their audience from the start instead of the opposite is actually a good thing.

·
52,344 Posts
Not that it had anything to do with Brock (although the news of a title change spreading might have contributed), but the show building on their audience from the start instead of the opposite is actually a good thing.
It could be. That's not the point people in this thread have been arguing for weeks/months now.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
It could be. That's not the point people in this thread have been arguing for weeks/months now.
A show that builds audience from the start is unquestionably part of a winning recipe. The other big part is making that starting hour better and better as you go. And sure that’s the hard part. But, you can’t have every Raw be the night after a PPV and you can’t have every Raw follow a title change. Monday was a gimme for them. The trick is to do it on the nights not following a PPV and / or a title change and that’s where they will fail.

At this point Brock should be an attraction, not a regular or even a semi regular. People complain that he’s not around enough when the truth is he’s around too much. But he’s all they have so they will go back to that well over and over as long as the networks are breathing down their necks.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Brock IS a big star. That isn't the problem. The guy has name recognition and has more than earned his spot in WWE.

The problem with Brock is that his novelty has worn off and this is now the 3rd? 4th? time they've done the thing where he wins the title and dominates everyone, and it's been half a decade of this crap. Even when he loses, they find a way to get the belt back on him.

Hogan was and always will be a big star, but there was a period in late 90's WCW when it was clearly not enough because he'd been on top for too long and they didn't successfully transition to the other WCW stars that needed to be on top after he built the foundation.

Brock was originally supposed to be the guy that destroyed Cena and put Reigns over to pass the torch, and we've long since passed that purpose he once served. And he's beaten everyone. And he's been beaten. And he's beaten the guys who've beaten him back. Brock is one giant dead end for WWE at this point.

If Heyman is actually going to do something positive for WWE, he had better have singled out that guy who's going to beat Brock and he'd better be implementing that plan to promote that match and use Brock to create a star, because that's Brock's only use now. But even then, Seth beat Brock at Mania and look where that got him.

·
52,344 Posts
A show that builds audience from the start is unquestionably part of a winning recipe. The other big part is making that starting hour better and better as you go. And sure that’s the hard part. But, you can’t have every Raw be the night after a PPV and you can’t have every Raw follow a title change. Monday was a gimme for them. The trick is to do it on the nights not following a PPV and / or a title change and that’s where they will fail.

At this point Brock should be an attraction, not a regular or even a semi regular. People complain that he’s not around enough when the truth is he’s around too much. But he’s all they have so they will go back to that well over and over as long as the networks are breathing down their necks.
There is no winning recipe here, and this rating this past week proved that. It flopped just like everything and everyone else has for years now in WWE.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
There is no winning recipe here, and this rating this past week proved that. It flopped just like everything and everyone else has for years now in WWE.
WWE showed they could go in the right direction early last year and actually increase viewership YoY. Which was great timing because it played a big role in wwe getting those big contracts. But they could only sustain it for a matter of months. So apparently there is a recipe that can work for them. They just have the wrong ingredients and wrong chef right now.

Brock IS a big star. That isn't the problem. The guy has name recognition and has more than earned his spot in WWE.

The problem with Brock is that his novelty has worn off and this is now the 3rd? 4th? time they've done the thing where he wins the title and dominates everyone, and it's been half a decade of this crap. Even when he loses, they find a way to get the belt back on him.

Hogan was and always will be a big star, but there was a period in late 90's WCW when it was clearly not enough because he'd been on top for too long and they didn't successfully transition to the other WCW stars that needed to be on top after he built the foundation.

Brock was originally supposed to be the guy that destroyed Cena and put Reigns over to pass the torch, and we've long since passed that purpose he once served. And he's beaten everyone. And he's been beaten. And he's beaten the guys who've beaten him back. Brock is one giant dead end for WWE at this point.

If Heyman is actually going to do something positive for WWE, he had better have singled out that guy who's going to beat Brock and he'd better be implementing that plan to promote that match and use Brock to create a star, because that's Brock's only use now. But even then, Seth beat Brock at Mania and look where that got him.
You’re right. There is no story to tell with Brock at this point. I still say they should have had him destroy Kofi and try to bring back prestige to that belt instead of unseating Seth.

·
52,344 Posts
WWE showed they could go in the right direction early last year and actually increase viewership YoY. Which was great timing because it played a big role in wwe getting those big contracts. But they could only sustain it for a matter of months. So apparently there is a recipe that can work for them. They just have the wrong ingredients and wrong chef right now.

You’re right. There is no story to tell with Brock at this point. I still say they should have had him destroy Kofi and try to bring back prestige to that belt instead of unseating Seth.
They need to improve year on year for an entire year, not just a couple of months out of the year. They don't have anyone on the roster or anyone running things that is going to achieve that anytime soon.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,416 Posts
So why isn't Bray "RATINGZ" Wyatt the Universal Champion?

BROOOOOCK LESNAR isn't a draw. That's it. It's done. Finished. People said put the belt on Lesnar so a star can save the show.

Low ratings for his ANNOUNCED 1st hour appearance.

Not even a TOP 5 merchandise seller (now maybe if he turned face, it'd be different)

Losing subscribers even though he's the main eventer for all the big shows.

I'm one of the biggest Brock marks on this website but he's not a draw. It's done. Move on.

So why is he champion? Bray Wyatt, for EVERY push he's had, has coincided with a ratings bump. At least for his Smackdown run.

His 2nd hour was rated higher than Brock's. And the word of mouth and social media engagement from his debut led to even higher ratings in hour 3. He literally OUTDREW Brock.

Y'all can run in this thread and bitch and moan the usual

Bray wyatT iS FAt hE alwaYs loSes I dON'T LiKE His pANTs

But the FACT is that fans are more excited for Bray right now and more likely to tune in with him as champ. Likewise Drake Maverick and R-Truth have earned PUSHES too

There needs to be a paradigm shift. This Brock vs SHIELD shit ain't it chief and after allllllll the people celebrating Brock's win like he was gonna save the company, it's clearer than ever that he's stale and that nobody gives a SHIT

Put the belt on Bray Wyatt IMMEDIATELY. Summerslam. 1-2-3 finished

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Re: So why isn't Bray "RATINGZ" Wyatt the Universal Champion?

Hey!! the ratings nick name only belongs to Mark Henry.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
BROOOOOCK LESNAR isn't a draw. That's it. It's done. Finished. People said put the belt on Lesnar so a star can save the show.

Low ratings for his ANNOUNCED 1st hour appearance.

Not even a TOP 5 merchandise seller (now maybe if he turned face, it'd be different)

Losing subscribers even though he's the main eventer for all the big shows.

I'm one of the biggest Brock marks on this website but he's not a draw. It's done. Move on.

So why is he champion? Bray Wyatt, for EVERY push he's had, has coincided with a ratings bump. At least for his Smackdown run.

His 2nd hour was rated higher than Brock's. And the word of mouth and social media engagement from his debut led to even higher ratings in hour 3. He literally OUTDREW Brock.

Y'all can run in this thread and bitch and moan the usual

Bray wyatT iS FAt hE alwaYs loSes I dON'T LiKE His pANTs

But the FACT is that fans are more excited for Bray right now and more likely to tune in with him as champ. Likewise Drake Maverick and R-Truth have earned PUSHES too

There needs to be a paradigm shift. This Brock vs SHIELD shit ain't it chief and after allllllll the people celebrating Brock's win like he was gonna save the company, it's clearer than ever that he's stale and that nobody gives a SHIT

Put the belt on Bray Wyatt IMMEDIATELY. Summerslam. 1-2-3 finished
I didn’t really see anyone saying put the belt on Brock. There was a ton of people saying Seth & Kofi were failures but the direction to go in from there ranged from Corbin, to Joe, to Bray, to Braun, etcetera. Brock was pretty much seen as having more value getting away from Seth.

With that said, I think Bray going straight to a feud with Seth for the belt would have made a lot more sense than going back to Brock. Put Brock on SD and have him win the WWE Title and feud with New Day or something.

·
IRAN #1
2,431 Posts
Re: So why isn't Bray "RATINGZ" Wyatt the Universal Champion?

Didn't they try putting the WWE Title on him a couple years ago? It flopped.

I'm sure it would flop again, because you know, it's WWE.

141 - 160 of 2951 Posts