Wrestling Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1794 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,859 Posts
"The show’s peak was 2,375,000 viewers for the Seth Rollins show opening segment and it fell from there. The low point was the beginning of Rollins vs. Kevin Owens at 1,767,000 viewers, although most of the main event averaged 1,896,000 viewers.

Bobby Lashley vs. Titus O’Neil and AOP vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins lost 44,000 viewers. Andrade vs. Akira Tozawa lost 271,000 viewers, although the segment also had two commercial breaks. Buddy Murphy vs. Matt Hardy gained 139,000 viewers. The challenges leading to the four-way match gained 77,000 viewers. Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. Ricochet lost 59,000 viewers. A.J. Styles vs. Mysterio for the U.S. title gained 17,000 viewers. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka lost 65,000 viewers. Erick Rowan vs. Kyle Roberts lost 153,000 viewers. Rollins vs. Owens in the main event lost 20,000 viewers."

Dude, they literally LOSE viewers for the fucking main event, Daniel Bryan was gaining 700,000 viewers in the main event working with people like Dean Ambrose in 2013(they had an overun back then, but you could still see the gain leading up to an overrun so it's night and day compared to now even without)
big match rollins :vince

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,220 Posts
under 1.8 million for the main event against a monday night football game that was a 4 touchdown blowout.

Kevin Owens and MISTER THIRD HOUR burned it down!

:rollins

·
Registered
300 Posts
"The show’s peak was 2,375,000 viewers for the Seth Rollins show opening segment and it fell from there. The low point was the beginning of Rollins vs. Kevin Owens at 1,767,000 viewers, although most of the main event averaged 1,896,000 viewers.

Bobby Lashley vs. Titus O’Neil and AOP vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins lost 44,000 viewers. Andrade vs. Akira Tozawa lost 271,000 viewers, although the segment also had two commercial breaks. Buddy Murphy vs. Matt Hardy gained 139,000 viewers. The challenges leading to the four-way match gained 77,000 viewers. Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. Ricochet lost 59,000 viewers. A.J. Styles vs. Mysterio for the U.S. title gained 17,000 viewers. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka lost 65,000 viewers. Erick Rowan vs. Kyle Roberts lost 153,000 viewers. Rollins vs. Owens in the main event lost 20,000 viewers."

Dude, they literally LOSE viewers for the fucking main event, Daniel Bryan was gaining 700,000 viewers in the main event working with people like Dean Ambrose in 2013(they had an overun back then, but you could still see the gain leading up to an overrun so it's night and day compared to now even without)
That is interesting.

Shows what a complete lack of storytelling and character development does. Plus making everybody feel unimportant.

271k viewers lost for Andrade and Tozawa. The audience dont have a reason to care about them, boring, change the channel and most dont come back.

153k viewers lost for Rowan against jobber. I know I would change the channel too.

If we had any sort of character development for these guys would more stick around?

Dont the higher ups care about the numbers?

Cant they see what is wrong?

·
Ho!
17,540 Posts
Ooo, we getting quarter numbers again?

Pretty much tells you that no-stake pointless matches just don't draw... except for Buddy Murphy vs. Matt Hardy. That looks to have the biggest gain of the night, although it's coming off the biggest loss of the night so that might've played a factor.. Wouldn't surprise me if the Rusev attack on Lashley actually helped that second quarter from losing more viewers. It only took up like 5 minutes of it (if even that). Because otherwise it seems like that probably would've lost more along the lines of what Andrade/Tozawa lost and maybe that loss wouldn't have been so big (300k loss between the two might've been more towards the second quarter is what I'm getting at).

The segment setting up the four-way gaining viewers on top of Murphy/Hardy's gain is a good indication of how well a promo can do. The #1 contenders match lost a bit but not too much, and then gaining a little bit back for the US Title match is... well tbh probably not the best they didn't gain more back of that 60k they lost the quarter before, but at least they gained some back.

The main event losing 20k viewers ON TOP of the 200+ thousand viewers that the previous two quarters lost is not good... considering it was a main event between what looks to be the top face and top heel on Raw going forward (and they had about 500k more watch the set up for it at the beginning of the night).

I think the main event number should be pretty worrying for WWE. I love the idea of Rollins turning heel and Owens being the top face, but it doesn't seem like people care much for a match between the two. Heck, can't say I did either with nothing on the line - even if they did a good job with the opening segment. Would things have maybe been better if they altered the show a bit, and advertised the "Seth addressing the Raw locker room" segment as the main event? Then maybe tweak it a bit so Owens and Rollins brawl, Owens gets the upperhand, AOP attack Owens, looks like they're about to attack Rollins, then back off and Rollins curb stomps Owens (pretty much the exact way they ended the night, just no match). Then save Owens/Rollins for a later night and put some stakes on it. #1 contendership for Universal Title at Royal Rumble would be a decent option.

Speaking of Owens as well, he seems to have gotten really cold since the feud with Shane ended. Not sure what he's been doing, but doesn't look like he's had much of anything going on. Has he been feuding with anyone since the Shane feud ended or has he just been in catering most weeks? I've normally been reading the results but can't recall him in anything. If that's true, how do they not have him doing anything when he was arguably the hottest babyface over the summer? Heck, he got eliminated in the Survivor Series match first for Raw iirc. Then they probably wonder why people don't care about him in the main event. Wins and losses do matter.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,582 Posts
I think the main event number should be pretty worrying for WWE. I love the idea of Rollins turning heel and Owens being the top face, but it doesn't seem like people care much for a match between the two. Heck, can't say I did either with nothing on the line - even if they did a good job with the opening segment. Would things have maybe been better if they altered the show a bit, and advertised the "Seth addressing the Raw locker room" segment as the main event? Then maybe tweak it a bit so Owens and Rollins brawl, Owens gets the upperhand, AOP attack Owens, looks like they're about to attack Rollins, then back off and Rollins curb stomps Owens (pretty much the exact way they ended the night, just no match). Then save Owens/Rollins for a later night and put some stakes on it. #1 contendership for Universal Title at Royal Rumble would be a decent option.

Speaking of Owens as well, he seems to have gotten really cold since the feud with Shane ended. Not sure what he's been doing, but doesn't look like he's had much of anything going on. Has he been feuding with anyone since the Shane feud ended or has he just been in catering most weeks? I've normally been reading the results but can't recall him in anything. If that's true, how do they not have him doing anything when he was arguably the hottest babyface over the summer? Heck, he got eliminated in the Survivor Series match first for Raw iirc. Then they probably wonder why people don't care about him in the main event. Wins and losses do matter.
Nah, they've mostly kept Kevin Owens in catering after his feud with Shane McMahon on Smackdown ended.

Owens got drafted to Raw over a month ago. He showed up a week later to screw over the O.C (by giving AJ Styles the Stunner on the entrance ramp), and hand the Street Profits their 1st victory on their Raw debut.

Owens was kept off TV for a few weeks. He didn't return until (over) 2 weeks ago when helped out Seth Rollins and the Street Profits fend off Imperium on that episode where they toured in the UK. The babyfaces won in an 8-man tag match.

He faced Drew McIntyre in a good match last week, but their contest got disrupted by Triple H who wanted to convince Owens to join the NXT team (before getting ambushed from behind by the Undisputed Era).

Owens showed up last Saturday to join Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee, and Dominik Dijakovic to defeat the Undisputed Era in an awesome WarGames match; which pretty much boosted Owens's momentum/overness with the crowds since then. Despite being the 1st one eliminated at Survivor Series (which one could say is because he was banged up from the previous night), Owens is still over with the crowds and he's officially the top babyface on Raw now that Rollins just turned heel.

Overall, Owens hasn't really feuded with anyone up until now :eek:

·
Super Moderator
25,839 Posts

The numbers have spoken, Raw needs more MATT HARDY:

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
Ooo, we getting quarter numbers again?
We have been for a few weeks, I'll post them when the observer goes live every week.

Most think it's because Heyman is now involved with the company so Meltzer is getting the quarter breakdowns from him.

Whatever the case may be, it's interesting to analyze, and the Main event of RAW LOSING viewers should be worrisome.

·
Ho!
17,540 Posts
We have been for a few weeks, I'll post them when the observer goes live every week.

Most think it's because Heyman is now involved with the company so Meltzer is getting the quarter breakdowns from him.

Whatever the case may be, it's interesting to analyze, and the Main event of RAW LOSING viewers should be worrisome.
I've seen them for AEW/NXT. However for Raw I only remember hearing that Meltzer said "x segment was best of the night" or "y segment did horribly" - but not full breakdowns like for this week.

Has someone been posting the full breakdowns for the last several weeks for Raw?

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
I've seen them for AEW/NXT. However for Raw I only remember hearing that Meltzer said "x segment was best of the night" or "y segment did horribly" - but not full breakdowns like for this week.

Has someone been posting the full breakdowns for the last several weeks for Raw?
Nah, no one has, they have been posted for a bit in the observer tho, none of the other sites post them either.

Meltzer is the only one that directly gets them tho I can post quarter breakdowns for recent weeks if you want.

·
Registered
371 Posts
No one is a star.

Opening segments are the best position because that's when most people tune in. If you're there, you'll get the most viewers. After that, it's basically hit and miss, and by the third hour people will tune out. It's why it's laughable that people pretend the women are a draw or Becky was doing numbers, when the overall numbers are shit and their numbers are only "good" when they're literally in the opening segments.

Seth Floppins and Becky Stench failed big time this year.

·
C Mac G
5,964 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in seeing whatever you can get if it's not much trouble.
Here are a few I'll post em in batches

RAW 11/4 -

The Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair grew 75,000 viewers from start-to-finish . R-Truth vs. Singh Brothers lost 280,000 viewers continuing the trend of the 24/7 belt doing poorly . The Seth Rollins interview leading to the Walter match gained 64,000 viewers. Rollins vs. Walter turning into Rollins & Kevin Owens & Street Profits vs. Imperium lost 59,000 viewers . Cedric Alexander vs. Andrade lost 319,000 viewers . The Lana/Rusev/Lashley segment gained 85,000 viewers , Erick Rowan’s squash lost 12,000 viewers, Viking Raiders vs. Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews lost 245,000 viewers, Orton & Ricochet & Carrillo vs. OC in the main event spot gained 16,000 viewers.

RAW 10/28 -

In the segment-by-segment, the high point with 2,457,000 viewers was Becky Lynch vs. Kairi Sane. The low point was the Aleister Black interview at 1,881,000 viewers (although that segment also had two commercial breaks in it). Lynch vs. Sane gained 108,000 viewers. R-Truth vs. Buddy Murphy lost 213,000 viewers. Street Profits interview and Hulk Hogan & Ric Flair coming out gained 15,000 viewers. Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre gained 40,000 viewers. Viking Raiders squash lost 128,000 viewers. Andrade vs. Sin Cara lost 164,000 viewers. Charlotte Flair & Natalya vs. The Iiconics gained 98,000 viewers. Seth Rollins vs. Erick Rowan lost 56,000 viewers. Black interview lost 231,000 viewers. A.J. Styles vs. Humberto Carrillo gained 71,000 viewers. And the Rusev/Lana angle at the end gained 68,000 viewers.

RAW 10/21 -
The Flair/McIntyre promo opened at 2,442,000 viewers. The Street Profits vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson closed at 2,129,000 viewers. In the segment-by-segment, McIntyre vs. Ricochet gained 203,000 viewers to 2,645,000 viewers which was the high point of the show. Aleister Black vs. Jason Reynolds lost 277,000 viewers. The Jerry Lawler segment with Rusev and Lana & Lashley gained 33,000 viewers. Andrade vs. Sin Cara lost 24,000 viewers. The R-Truth vs. Sunil Singh and beginning of Viking Raiders vs. Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder lost 47,000 viewers. Viking Raiders vs. Hawkins & Ryder finish plus Lashley and Rusev in the restaurant and beginning of the Rey Mysterio promo gained 54,000 viewers. The Mysterio promo, Shelton Benjamin and Cain Velasquez lost 36,000 viewers. Seth Rollins vs. Humberto Carrillo lost 155,000 viewers. I noted that you do segments introducing new talent in competitive matches and you will likely lose viewers, but it’s stuff that you have to do. It’s the same thing that happened with Chris Jericho and Darby Allin. The low point on the show was R-Truth trying to win the 24/7 title back which lost 165,000 viewers to 2,028,000. The Gallows & Anderson vs. Street Profits main event gained 101,000 viewers.

RAW 10/14 -

In the segment-by-segment numbers, Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair gained 265,000 viewers. Andrade vs. Ali and the draft picks lost 259,000 viewers. Viking Raiders vs. Robert Roode & Dolph Ziggler quarter first loss 176,000 viewers but the finish of the match and Aleister Black vs. Eric Young gained 144,000 viewers. Draft picks and the angle with the Street Profits vs. The OC lost 182,000 viewers. Ricochet vs. Shelton Benjamin and the Lana/Bobby Lashley segment gained 69,000 viewers. Asuka & Kairi Sane vs. Natalya & Lacey Evans in the main event segment plus the burning of the Firefly Fun house lost 132,000 viewers. The overall peak quarter was 2,699,000 viewers for Flair vs. Lynch. The low point was the main event and Fun House segment with 1,826,000 viewers.

There are a few, god I feel like I'm just giving some idiots ammo for their nonsensical arguments and making conclusions out of the little information pieces, but alas, I know people want to see these. I'll post the more later, and I'll post em every week when the observer drops.

As you can see, this whole idea that Becky Lynch is this gigantic ratings mover is pretty nonsensical, Drew and Ricochet were put in the same slot that Becky is most weeks(opening the show), and they drew the biggest quarter that week.

Let's not pretend that Drew and Ricochet are some big stars now, opening segment always does the strongest, outside of the Lesnar anomaly rating.

·
Ho!
17,540 Posts
^Good stuff. Seems like this really is just a case of people tuning in at the start, and then they just start tuning out over the course of a few hours. Even the main events don't always gain viewers. Nobody's a star. Nobody draws because when they do have part legends around, either they beat the current guys, they job to each other, or they're usually all fed to just one-two full time guys and beat everyone else. You couple that with 50/50 booking everyone besides those two full-time guys you put effort into get, and your roster feels like trash. No one feels important. Then you get into the creative issues like scripted-to-death promos which limits the potential of those guys you have on the roster that are very talented and could be somewhat big stars for WWE.

It's just not a good situation they're in.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
So how long until Heyman gets the boot off creative? The dude is washed. The ratings keep dropping, nobody is consistently over, there are no compelling stories to stick with every week, and attendance continues to drop on live events.

·
Registered
300 Posts
They have no stars so of course the midcard is bad but hundreds of thousands are tuning out when Andrade, R-Truth, Viking Warriors, Black etc are on, and who can blame them.

Maybe it was always like this and Crash Holly, Al Snow etc crashed the ratings back then, I dont know.

I only watch the PPVs. Cant watch Raw or Smackdown. Commercials every 8 minutes makes it unwatchable.

·
Banned
499 Posts
I predict the numbers will be between 4-4.5 million, only cuz of seth's ''apology'', guy is ratings machine \m/ biggest draw on the roster, beside kalisto and roman

1301 - 1320 of 1794 Posts