Wrestling Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1629 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
They paid dearly for the big Becky push and putting Ronda, Becky, and Charlotte in the WM main event. Two things happened during that time that had never happened before. 1) They had virtually zero ratings bump once the NFL ended, and 2) they had virtually zero ratings bump for the RTWM. I honestly believe that sped up their ratings decline by two years. For the first time ever Vince centered the company around something that he knew wasn't good for business all in the hopes that WWE would get good press from an agenda driven media complex. That approach was a massive failure yet it doesn’t seem like he learned anything from it.
I wouldnt say the women alone are the problem. The men should take a lot for the blame on this one. The same freaking guys are in main event year after year after year. They look the same, have the same outfit, music etc. They also wrestle the same match every week, cut the same boring dull promos...I am surprised wwe hasnt crashed and burned already for the mediocrity they've put out in the past 4-5 years... Blaming the women, who have at best been in the spotlight for what a year now is a bit of the stretch. Yes, as expected, they havent exactly been good for business...But havent wwe drilled it into their fans for years that women dont matter and shouldnt be taken seriously..Its only karma coming around now :lol

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
That's what happens when you centre your shows around a bunch of women, Cringy Lynch and portray them like stars all while you reduce the men's divisions to crap like forced babyface Rollins, Kofi, New Day, Corbin etc and talent like Orton, KO, and AJ Styles flounder in midcard obscurity. The WWE deserve even fewer viewers for having pushed trash like Cringy Lynch and women's wrestling opening and closing every Raw and multiple PPVs. You deserve it!

Becky wasn't even on last night? Why was the ratings worse then last week? Who is being pushed if the women weren't used? Men still get significant more time then the women. Seth and Roman are still going to be the top star with no women you clown.

>Cringy Lynch and women's wrestling opening and closing every Raw and multiple PPVs. You deserve it

Becky has only main event'd RAW once since WM and was only in 3 main event PPV's this year. What the fuck are you talking about? Why were the ratings terrible on RAW last year? Becky was on SD the whole year. Women were main eventing in 2016 and ratings gained. This notion that women kill ratings is fucking stupid. The women are still a minority. They get less segments and way less TV time then men. They had 1 women's match on RAW this week. What's so different from this to 15 years ago. You clowns are acting like it's an all women show when the women get 2 segments on a 3 hour show. This is some sexist shit.

>Orton, KO, and AJ Styles flounder in midcard obscurity

KO has been pushed this whole year since he returned what the fuck are you talking about? AJ? Did you see the ratings on SD when he was champ? If you think the ratings are increasing that much if Randy, KO and AJ are champion you are delusional AF. I can't believe you are acting like those 3 are being misused because they aren't the champ. Brock's the champ. Where is he? He's the champ with no women or not.

Tell us who would be champion if there was no women's division? Tell us how 0 women is going to make WWE more creative and create more stars? This is the dumbest take i've ever seen. The women aren't changing which men are pushed. So dumb

·
C Mac G
5,960 Posts
Got bored and dug up viewership numbers for every RAW after Wrestlemania going back to 2009, you can make of it what you will. The Majority of these are facing NCAA finals competition which do monster viewership, I note the ones that don't.

RAW 4/6/09(Orton Vs HHH) - 5.95 Million Viewers

RAW 3/29/10(Michaels Vs Taker II) - 5.53 Million Viewers

RAW 4/4/11(Miz Vs. Cena, Rock Guest Host) - 5.62 Million Viewers

RAW 4/3/12(Rock Vs Cena) - 5.02 Million Viewers

RAW 4/7/13(First of 3 Hour Era, Rock Vs Cena II) - 4.61 Million Viewers

RAW 4/7/14(Orton Vs. Bryan Vs. Batista, End of the Streak) - 5.14 Million Viewers

RAW 3/30/15(Rollins Cashes in on Lesnar/Reigns, No NCAA competition) - 5.35 Million Viewers, Meltzer notes 2014 number is more impressive because of competition.

RAW 4/4/16(HHH Vs. Reigns) - 4.079 Million Viewers

RAW 4/3/17(Undertaker Vs. Reigns) - 3.75 Million Viewers

RAW 4/9/18 (Lesnar Vs. Reigns II, No NCAA Competition) - 3.903 Million Viewers, Meltzer notes 2017's number is more impressive because of competition.

RAW 4/8/17(Ronda Vs. Becky Vs. Charlotte) - 2.924 Million Viewers

Interesting when it's laid out like that.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That's what happens when you centre your shows around a bunch of women, Cringy Lynch and portray them like stars all while you reduce the men's divisions to crap like forced babyface Rollins, Kofi, New Day, Corbin etc and talent like Orton, KO, and AJ Styles flounder in midcard obscurity. The WWE deserve even fewer viewers for having pushed trash like Cringy Lynch and women's wrestling opening and closing every Raw and multiple PPVs. You deserve it!
This guy gets it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Raw is terrible. This is what you get with vanilla midget action.:mj4

If you want the rate to go up, then bring back more Segments, less Wrestling, more backstage attacks, more big guys, sexy diva action, more story center product, less midget geeks, and more promos.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Blaming the women ???. “Cringy Lynch.”

She’s legit the only reason most people still watch WWE. She so big she deserves to leave and do other stuff. Becky gets paid more for doing stuff outside WWE than anyone even makes from that show. Girl sells more merchandise than any “dude” on the roster.

How about this. Instead of you nasty ass boys saying Becky isn’t increasing ratings. Let’s put it this way... if you take her out of the company there is no WWE anymore... you want to talk about ratings dropping???

Check it out morons. HOW ABOUT THIS. It’s the freakin year 2020!!! has anybody thought that maybe people simply aren’t interested in totally pre-scripted totally fake half naked men touching each other??????

Times change people. Fact that anyone is even into totally fake pre-scripted wrestling events in the year 2020 is baffling in itself. Me and all my friends only watch the show because Becky is a bad ass that gives an awesome representation of strong confident women.

You ugly mutts don’t get it. “ Maybe it’s this person ..maybe it’s that person... maybe it’s the booking... Maybe it’s the women”.

Maybe it’s the goddamn year 2020 and people just aren’t interested in this corny fake wrestling anymore. Bam. ????

·
Registered
249 Posts
Blaming the women ???. “Cringy Lynch.”

She’s legit the only reason most people still watch WWE. She so big she deserves to leave and do other stuff. Becky gets paid more for doing stuff outside WWE than anyone even makes from that show. Girl sells more merchandise than any “dude” on the roster.

How about this. Instead of you nasty ass boys saying Becky isn’t increasing ratings. Let’s put it this way... if you take her out of the company there is no WWE anymore... you want to talk about ratings dropping???

Check it out morons. HOW ABOUT THIS. It’s the freakin year 2020!!! has anybody thought that maybe people simply aren’t interested in totally pre-scripted totally fake half naked men touching each other??????

Times change people. Fact that anyone is even into totally fake pre-scripted wrestling events in the year 2020 is baffling in itself. Me and all my friends only watch the show because Becky is a bad ass that gives an awesome representation of strong confident women.

You ugly mutts don’t get it. “ Maybe it’s this person ..maybe it’s that person... maybe it’s the booking... Maybe it’s the women”.

Maybe it’s the goddamn year 2020 and people just aren’t interested in this corny fake wrestling anymore. Bam. ????
Deluded.

I understand being a fan of someone. But you cant even reason with posts like these.

If this womens revolution had increased viewership then fair enough. But it hasnt
Its halved the audience. Thats a fact.

Has it brought any new viewers in? No.

"B-b-b-but I love Becky"

I loved Lance Storm. But I can recognise he wasnt popular with a lot of other people.

The majority are not interested in Becky, Charlotte, Bayley. Natalya and all the other charisma vacuums.

Its not all on the women. The men are booked to shit to. But to say that WWE would be dead without Becky is hilarious.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Point is you geeks go at becky all the time. You are literally going at the most popular person in the entire freaking business.

Think about how stupid that is... fix yourself. You don’t blame The most popular person in the whole business for whatever the hell is going on.

B B B B no one likes the women!!! The crowd has dropped to half!!!. No honestly it’s 2020 and people are getting bored of watching two scripted sweaty half naked men fake fondle each other. Wrestling was cool in the 90’s. It’s probably no ones fault. Just like reality shows are now what people love now....preferences change over time

Sorry for coming at you hard... but I am so sick and tired of people going at this becky woman and the women in general

You have your opinion I have mine.

Try to think about what you’re saying before you type it. ??

·
Registered
249 Posts
So you are not going to even entertain the idea that the womens revoluton has impacted on the viewers?

Okay, fair enough.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Becky ironically walking out like man aka vince doesn't gel with anyone - women's wrestling is half way through the show, piss break niche. Stupid feminist can't grasp that women's sport are crap - some morons will pretend to themselves they like it to curry favour with women (just lol) but everyone else knows it is a piss break. They used to be good looking so watch the entrance snd then bog break but now it is feet face Bayley and a whole host of women with plastic faces - I am shocked anyone finds them attractive tbh

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I wouldnt say the women alone are the problem. The men should take a lot for the blame on this one. The same freaking guys are in main event year after year after year. They look the same, have the same outfit, music etc. They also wrestle the same match every week, cut the same boring dull promos...I am surprised wwe hasnt crashed and burned already for the mediocrity they've put out in the past 4-5 years... Blaming the women, who have at best been in the spotlight for what a year now is a bit of the stretch. Yes, as expected, they havent exactly been good for business...But havent wwe drilled it into their fans for years that women dont matter and shouldnt be taken seriously..Its only karma coming around now :lol
Oh hey, I want to be clear. The women aren’t the only problem and in fact they are a much, much smaller problem than the men in the grand scheme of things. The men are to blame for the ratings fall from ‘02-‘18. The women are really only to blame for the RTWM debacle. If there were any big time men’s stars then none of this would be an issue.

You are literally going at the most popular person in the entire freaking business.
Becky is nowhere near the most popular person in the wrestling business. She’s a niche act with a rabid fanbase but very little broad appeal. And you calling truth tellers “geeks” is proof that you are getting obliterated in this discussion.

·
Registered
937 Posts
It was Lesnar who drew those massive post-WM numbers in 2014 and 2015. He drew the highest quarter for the 2014 show because people wanted to see the fallout from the streak. The 2015 show was based around him.

He was fresh back then. He's not going to draw those numbers these days because he has become stale.

I'm not surprised that RAW's numbers are heading below 2 million. They haven't created a proper star in years. They push the wrong talent and make things worse with how they book them.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Oh hey, I want to be clear. The women aren’t the only problem and in fact they are a much, much smaller problem than the men in the grand scheme of things. The men are to blame for the ratings fall from ‘02-‘18. The women are really only to blame for the RTWM debacle. If there were any big time men’s stars then none of this would be an issue.
I don't think Vince really expected women to be this major draws in the first place having throughout the history of the wwf/e booked them like after thoughts.. Plus i am also think a major reason why wwe had a poor RTWM was because Vince didn't have his handy part timers to fall back on for the first time in many years... He had used all of them on Saudi Arabia and could not be convinced back. So, to no one's surprise, his over exposed, so called "stars" drew in poor numbers.. If there is a problem for Vince, I would definitely point to the people Triple H hired for NXT and then got moved to the main roster... There is too much reliance on wrestling more than talking, no characters whatsoever across the board..And Vince doesn't know what to do with such folks historically...

P.S: This years gonna be another train wreck for Vince unless he can convince the Rock back for one more match with Brock Lesnar or something :lol

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,209 Posts
The 3 lowest rated, and the close to 3 least watched RAW shows ever that aren't holiday shows, are the last 3 RAW shows. The Survivor Series build and NXT invasion was good for the other shows like Smackdown and NXT but RAW only won one match I think on the pre-show and it did them no favors. Rollins, somebody who lost his match, opened the show by dressing down the locker room as losers, which didn't do RAW any favors, either.
I'm surprised. I believed that RAW would always be the "baby" and Vince's beloved or something. I'm surprised they had so many RAW people lay down at Survivor Series.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
When your whole agenda is to push the C show for a few pyrrhic «victories» against the new company that’s what happens. Anyway the product is awful, they lost John Cena (who is to blame for the downward spiral for many years but at least he had an audience and was the only star after Batista left) and now they are left with nothing. Just do a total attitude-style reboot or even worse days are coming....

·
Ho!
17,508 Posts
Got bored and dug up viewership numbers for every RAW after Wrestlemania going back to 2009, you can make of it what you will. The Majority of these are facing NCAA finals competition which do monster viewership, I note the ones that don't.

RAW 4/6/09(Orton Vs HHH) - 5.95 Million Viewers

RAW 3/29/10(Michaels Vs Taker II) - 5.53 Million Viewers

RAW 4/4/11(Miz Vs. Cena, Rock Guest Host) - 5.62 Million Viewers

RAW 4/3/12(Rock Vs Cena) - 5.02 Million Viewers

RAW 4/7/13(First of 3 Hour Era, Rock Vs Cena II) - 4.61 Million Viewers

RAW 4/7/14(Orton Vs. Bryan Vs. Batista, End of the Streak) - 5.14 Million Viewers

RAW 3/30/15(Rollins Cashes in on Lesnar/Reigns, No NCAA competition) - 5.35 Million Viewers, Meltzer notes 2014 number is more impressive because of competition.

RAW 4/4/16(HHH Vs. Reigns) - 4.079 Million Viewers

RAW 4/3/17(Undertaker Vs. Reigns) - 3.75 Million Viewers

RAW 4/9/18 (Lesnar Vs. Reigns II, No NCAA Competition) - 3.903 Million Viewers, Meltzer notes 2017's number is more impressive because of competition.

RAW 4/8/17(Ronda Vs. Becky Vs. Charlotte) - 2.924 Million Viewers

Interesting when it's laid out like that.
Dang. The number were steadily declining, but still seemed relatively stable from 2009-2015 in that 5-6 million range (besides 2013). 2016-2018 (Reigns' era) looks horrible, and the woman's main event fall out didn't seem to interest people at all and they couldn't even break 3 million. Crazy.

·
C Mac G
5,960 Posts
It was Lesnar who drew those massive post-WM numbers in 2014 and 2015. He drew the highest quarter for the 2014 show because people wanted to see the fallout from the streak. The 2015 show was based around him.
Daniel Bryan consistently had the highest quarters in 2013 and 2014 until his injury.

I pulled up the numbers specifically for 2013 and the numbers he was pulling was actually nuts, only Cena would top him. DB segments were growing by 500-700k a quarter.

Lesnar did pull the biggest quarter in 2014 for the Streak Fallout, but that was the opening segment that generally has always done the biggest in the 3 hour era, and the DB quarters that episode did well too.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
The 3 lowest rated, and the close to 3 least watched RAW shows ever that aren't holiday shows, are the last 3 RAW shows. The Survivor Series build and NXT invasion was good for the other shows like Smackdown and NXT but RAW only won one match I think on the pre-show and it did them no favors. Rollins, somebody who lost his match, opened the show by dressing down the locker room as losers, which didn't do RAW any favors, either.
I'm surprised. I believed that RAW would always be the "baby" and Vince's beloved or something. I'm surprised they had so many RAW people lay down at Survivor Series.
Vince is still about "winning" and he was focused on trying to help NXT beat AEW first and foremost. He'd cut his mama's throat to win a war

·
C Mac G
5,960 Posts
"The show’s peak was 2,375,000 viewers for the Seth Rollins show opening segment and it fell from there. The low point was the beginning of Rollins vs. Kevin Owens at 1,767,000 viewers, although most of the main event averaged 1,896,000 viewers.

Bobby Lashley vs. Titus O’Neil and AOP vs. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins lost 44,000 viewers. Andrade vs. Akira Tozawa lost 271,000 viewers, although the segment also had two commercial breaks. Buddy Murphy vs. Matt Hardy gained 139,000 viewers. The challenges leading to the four-way match gained 77,000 viewers. Drew McIntyre vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton vs. Ricochet lost 59,000 viewers. A.J. Styles vs. Mysterio for the U.S. title gained 17,000 viewers. Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka lost 65,000 viewers. Erick Rowan vs. Kyle Roberts lost 153,000 viewers. Rollins vs. Owens in the main event lost 20,000 viewers."

Dude, they literally LOSE viewers for the fucking main event, Daniel Bryan was gaining 700,000 viewers in the main event working with people like Dean Ambrose in 2013(they had an overun back then, but you could still see the gain leading up to an overrun so it's night and day compared to now even without)

1281 - 1300 of 1629 Posts