Wrestling Forum banner

861 - 880 of 2981 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
WWE hasn't had that moment where 1 million people see something really objectionable and they stop watching WWE, but they do cool people down, get people less interested in watching the show, and then these people eventually lapse to a point where they are hardly watching if they aren't totally not watching WWE anymore. The HIAC match has ramifications larger than this one show. This is going to cause a slow burn drop, the Bray Wyatt fuckery. No matter how many times this guy gets himself over, they make him eat a dick.
Your post makes so much sense, and yet I can't possibly wrap my head around "WWE hasn't had that moment were 1 million people just stop watching".

If there ever was the chance of a moment like that to happen, it was sunday night. That PPV ending was so atrocious that if I still was a regular TV watcher, I'd have immediately stopped.

I get the slow burn thing, but something like that should be the moment when the dam breaks down and the whole valley is flooded. I'm almost afraid to imagine what they can possibly do worst than that to cause that mass exodus of viewers.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
and AEW can't compete... these guys are really close to going under 2 mil viewers while AEW on their first show ever did 1 and a half million. WWE should be very afraid.
In TV land it's the demo that matters and if aew keeps it's demo rating from last night they are already competing with raw even though they had a million less viewers. The top shows on TV are not by total viewers, just look at how all the ratings websites and industry news outlets list top shows. RAW won't even have to fall below 2mill, if AEW keeps that demo break up they only have to gain another 200k viewers to beat this raw rating.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I do not watch RAW and Smackdown in its present state and keep up via YouTube and socialmedia, I can not see how anyone can sit through 3 hours of RAW presently but each to their own.
I just DVR the shows. Fast forward through the commercials and anything I'm not into at my own leisure. But at least I can see the entire show. In fact that's what most people do nowadays. That's why the ratings are so low. People that watch live have gone down drastically. This is a DVR, Social Media devices, video games, Netflix, Hulu, etc...world now. That yesteryear are long gone.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,882 Posts
Your post makes so much sense, and yet I can't possibly wrap my head around "WWE hasn't had that moment were 1 million people just stop watching".

If there ever was the chance of a moment like that to happen, it was sunday night. That PPV ending was so atrocious that if I still was a regular TV watcher, I'd have immediately stopped.

I get the slow burn thing, but something like that should be the moment when the dam breaks down and the whole valley is flooded. I'm almost afraid to imagine what they can possibly do worst than that to cause that mass exodus of viewers.
Eh, they can always sink lower. People felt the same way after the Royal Rumble 2015 debacle, yet it took time for the audience to dissipate. People are creatures of habit by nature; personally, I don't believe any one booking decision, even as one as heinous as Rollins/Fiend, will drive people away in droves. It's death by a thousand paper cuts rather than a piano dropped on your head.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The Monday Night Football game was actually really good last night and Green Bay is one of the NFL's cornerstone franchises

NLCS was also on last night too

I'd be surprised if they did over a 2.4

·
Registered
755 Posts
H1: 2.521M [10th] | 0.820D [5th]
H2: 2.318M [12th] | 0.760D [6th]
H3: 1.997M [14th] | 0.630D [8th]

3H: 2.279M | 0.737D

H2 | H1:
[ - 0.203M | - 8.05% ]
[ - 0.060D | - 7.32% ]
H3 | H2:
[ - 0.321M | - 13.85% ]
[ - 0.130D | - 17.11% ]
H3 | H1:
[ - 0.524M | - 20.79% ]
[ - 0.190D | - 23.17% ]

W-W:
[ - 0.055M | - 2.36% ]
[ - 0.010D | - 1.34% ]

Y-Y:
[ - 0.117M | - 4.88% ]
[ - 0.123D | - 14.30% ]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
You could see the writing on the wall earlier this year when their RTWM season ratings barely increased from the winter months.

People just don't want to see this current crop of "stars"

People still shit on 1995, but that main group of Bret, HBK, Diesel, Taker, and Razor had 200X more star power than this group combined. Coincidentally though, like this current group, Vince wasn't playing to any of that 95 group's strengths besides maybe The Undertaker

861 - 880 of 2981 Posts