Wrestling Forum banner
4181 - 4200 of 4275 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and guess AEW isn't going to put Danielson vs Omega for the title on Dynamite tomorrow to counter this....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'll go out on a limb and guess AEW isn't going to put Danielson vs Omega for the title on Dynamite tomorrow to counter this....
If they did the effect would be the same as what WWE got last night. These companies have their audiences and nothing they do is going to suddenly bring in another 500k viewers out of nowhere.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Khan isn't that stupid. I believe he has a long term plan for Omega, Danielson and Punk. He's not going to hotshot it like the WWE fools.

What I found peculiar is how incredibly low the rating is given that WWE practically guaranteed a title change to try and make it a must watch TV. This could mean 2 things; either Big E wasn't ready for the title or NFL really took a chunk of their audience.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
16,231 Posts
It's the latter then.

I fully trust Big E's talent in the upper card.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Khan isn't that stupid. I believe he has a long term plan for Omega, Danielson and Punk. He's not going to hotshot it like the WWE fools.

What I found peculiar is how incredibly low the rating is given that WWE practically guaranteed a title change to try and make it a must watch TV. This could mean 2 things; either Big E wasn't ready for the title or NFL really took a chunk of their audience.
It´s a process of months, even years to lose their audience. Why should it be different to get them back? It speaks of their hubris to think they would. Whatever you think about Dynamite it has been consistently better than Raw for two years and it did not move the needle that much.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
54,487 Posts
Yikes. 1.6 million with a world title cash in. Brutal.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
With MNF starting, these ratings aren't going up. They basically said watch our show cause we're going to have a title change and that's all they got. It's going to be a brutal couple of months for RAW.

The real question is, how low will the ratings go?

·
Registered
723 Posts
With MNF starting, these ratings aren't going up. They basically said watch our show cause we're going to have a title change and that's all they got. It's going to be a brutal couple of months for RAW.

The real question is, how low will the ratings go?
However low it goes, it's not enough. Show is an absolute dumpster fire, even when they "try."

·
Registered
321 Posts
Next week's MNF sounds like a shit match a washed Packers team with a washed QB against the worst team in NFL the Detroit Lions. If Raw does another 1.6 or even lower rating up against that match then they are in serious trouble.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
34,776 Posts
But how many football fans are into that?

I would have thought the football and present day WWE have completely different fan bases.
Probably zero, considering the numbers they did. The ship has long sailed of trying to get those fans to watch again. WWE's average is around 2 mil, so they're doing well to stay above that on SmackDown. RAW has to figure out how to make each show feel special without blowing their entire load.

·
Registered
187 Posts
WWE"s mistake is not waiting until after Monday Night Football is over to do Big E cash in cause its noway nothing they put out there is going to take fans away from the football so they should have waited until First Raw of the new year hype it up as this big show and do the cash in there it would pop a great rating.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
^ The third hour was the highest rated so I think it did as good as it ever would. They've got a draft coming up so that might help. Generally they are being hit due to years of apathy towards their product and treating most of the roster like geeks and Raw like a comedy show.

They needed to make major changes to Raw, and WWE years ago. However, they just kept doing the same thing year in and year out.

Everything considered it's amazing they still hit 1.6 million.

·
Registered
187 Posts
^ The third hour was the highest rated so I think it did as good as it ever would. They've got a draft coming up so that might help. Generally they are being hit due to years of apathy towards their product and treating most of the roster like geeks and Raw like a comedy show.

They needed to make major changes to Raw, and WWE years ago. However, they just kept doing the same thing year in and year out.

Everything considered it's amazing they still hit 1.6 million.
yeah 1.6 million is still great for them like you said.

I'm also hoping the draft gives them a spark and it usually does for like a few weeks then things go back to shit again.

4181 - 4200 of 4275 Posts