Wrestling Forum banner
4161 - 4180 of 4275 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I had this on in the background. It wasn't that bad but until Orton vs Lashley it was mostly like watching a televised houseshow. It was the same two weeks ago when I watched all of it.

It's a 1 hour TV show dragged out for 3 hours.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Well, AEW is almost certainly beating WWE again this week. They're practically touching tips in total viewers at this point. Surely this will light a fire in Vince's ass, right? What will it take to wake these guys up? "Legends" and hot shotting don't work.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Big F in the chat ...if aew keeps going we could see them beating out raw in demo and ratings

They hot shottes a title match and a cash in and came out with that

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Normally I don't care to engage in the WWE ratings discourse as it's been sliding downwards with no end in sight for 20 years. Despite that they'll likely make even more money on their next television deal and honestly should have been making way more money back in the day anyways. Regardless that rating is very surprising. They spent all day on social media practically begging you to watch and telegraphing a WWE title change. Historically title changes have always helped, that's why Russo did it so damn much in WCW.

I expected around a 1.9. The Ravens and Raiders game was really good so I guess that'll be blamed even though the show just sucks.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
34,776 Posts
How exactly does the football impact the ratings?
Football is still doing Attitude Era numbers in 2021.
In the latest TV ratings, ABC’s coverage of the Monday Night Football season opener averaged 7.4 million total viewers and a 1.7 demo rating, obviously dominating the night in both measures.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Monday Night Football is an absolute killer. Especially the first week back.

Smackdown & AEW would also lose significant percentage from prior week if they had same competition. Things may improve depending with NFL team is playing each Monday. But not likely to see the numbers they were enjoying post Summerslam. It is what it is.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Flipped a tag title match you built most of last week to the WWE title match and then tease a MITB cash-in bringing a guy from another show and you lose hundreds of thousands of viewers.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Didn’t really matter what they did this week, they weren’t competing with the Raiders/Ravens game. Be interested to see what numbers they do next week, with a new champion and a less appealing Monday night game.

·
Ho!
18,692 Posts
4161 - 4180 of 4275 Posts