Wrestling Forum banner
4141 - 4160 of 4275 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
@A PG Attitude

Because that's what advertisers target. Young people with disposable incomes. Not 55 year old men...
Why are we judging by advertisers? lmao you look at viewership because of how many people enjoy something, not about what advertisers like lmao Young people with disposable income that are either in education and a broke student, or has just came out of education and is either at the bottom of a company, or only just started to earn money. People in their 50's will easily be outearning people in their 20's the fuck kinda logic is that? Are people so desperate to find a win they use these moronic measures to make themselves feel better? lmao. Isn't it a known fact that women spend way more money than men as well? Why aren't you caring about the demo between genders if you care so much about money

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
@A PG Attitude

Why are we judging by advertisers? lmao you look at viewership because of how many people enjoy something, not about what advertisers like lmao Young people with disposable income that are either in education and a broke student, or has just came out of education and is either at the bottom of a company, or only just started to earn money. People in their 50's will easily be outearning people in their 20's the fuck kinda logic is that? Are people so desperate to find a win they use these moronic measures to make themselves feel better? lmao. Isn't it a known fact that women spend way more money than men as well? Why aren't you caring about the demo between genders if you care so much about money
I don't make the rules pal that's how they are ranked by the television industry, take it up with them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@A PG Attitude

Mate, it's all about the demo. I work in advertising so know what I'm talking about.

What advertisers are 55 year olds going to attract for a network? Deck varnishing? Life insurance? Pensions?

Network attracts shit advertiser's with shit fees = offer less when it's contract renewal time etc. Or just cancel the show as it's a waste of time and making them no as revenue (which I know will never happen with RAW or Smackdown)

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Mate, it's all about the demo. I work in advertising so know what I'm talking about.

What advertisers are 55 year olds going to attract for a network? Deck varnishing? Life insurance? Pensions?

Network attracts shit advertiser's with shit fees = offer less when it's contract renewal time etc. Or just cancel the show as it's a waste of time and making them no as revenue (which I know will never happen with RAW or Smackdown)
That 18-49 demo is even more coveted in today's cord cutting and streaming market. If your show can attract younger people to cable in 2021 it's something of a phenomenon lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

Why? Why are you caring about what advertisers want?

I don't make the rules pal that's how they are ranked by the television industry, take it up with them.
So you work for a television company? Why the fuck would you care how the television industry ranks it? Oh yeah because that way you can jerk your dick over a "win" where you needed to debut about 40 new wrestlers and still dropped 600k to Booby fuckin Lashley, and RKBro. eeeeeeee

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That essentially started as an industry slight to FNC who was dominating the ratings and annoying people in the industry. Advertisers don’t care near as much about the age demos as they do education, cultural, and income demos (all of which pro wrestling is awful at which is why they attract low class advertisers). WWE or AEW would both much rather have high total viewership with mediocre age demo viewership than vice versa because that’s a much stronger selling point to the USAs and TNTs of the world.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
That essentially started as an industry slight to FNC who was dominating the ratings and annoying people in the industry. Advertisers don’t care near as much about the age demos as they do education, cultural, and income demos (all of which pro wrestling is awful at which is why they attract low class advertisers). WWE or AEW would both much rather have high total viewership with mediocre age demo viewership than vice versa because that’s a much stronger selling point to the USAs and TNTs of the world.
Yeah I have read that, which is why UFC gets so many advertisers because their audience is typically higher earning, whilst wrestling are basically seen as being poor. Is that an old fact that is carried through time or is it still true? I figure in the past all the ******** would have been why wrestling fans were seen as poor, and they pretty much all ditched wrestling.

Did not know the word starting with red, and ending with necks would be blocked out

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yeah I get why wrestling wanted 18 49 demo, no successful 50 year olders who are ceo's, managers of companies would watch wrestling as pastime so they treat the guys in that demo who watch wrestling as guys who arent able to move a purchase..

·
Registered
762 Posts
4141 - 4160 of 4275 Posts