Wrestling Forum banner

341 - 360 of 3172 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,292 Posts
I've never claimed that Lesnar is a draw in 2019.

He's merely a band-aid. And one that is less effective which each passing month. But I get that you don't want Rollins to receive any criticism. He's free from responsibility after all.
We get it. You desperately want to give Seth Rollins the full responsibility for the low ratings (when it's really not his fault at all) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I don't think Pat Patterson gets the credit he deserves for a lot of the booking in the 1980's. He was supposedly Vince's right hand man, came up with the Royal Rumble concept, and was largely responsible for the layout of the Hogan/Warrior match.

If he really wants someone who knows what he's doing, Vince needs to hire Gedo. He's the only person who's demonstrated brilliant booking skills in recent years.
George Scott and later Patterson were the only good idea people that Vince would listen to. But even they could only do so much. You can look at any era of WWF/E and see Vince’s horrible creative mind here and there.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
We get it. You desperately want to give Seth Rollins the full responsibility for the low ratings (when it's really not his fault at all) :rolleyes:
Seth doesn’t deserve full responsibility or anything close to it, but it’s also not true to say it’s not his fault at all. WWE is like a sports franchise with a bad owner, bad coach, and bad roster of talent. The problem certainly starts at the top, but they all share blame in being a losing team.

·
Baby Yoda
30,032 Posts
Special talents like Austin, Rock and Cena covered Vince's incompetence. He's no creative genius and would have been out of business if he didn't have those 3, he doesn't have them anymore and look at the state of the company.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've clearly stated that other factor are to blame in addition to Rollins.

But you think Rollins can do no wrong. Back to your shrine.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,292 Posts
I've clearly stated that other factor are to blame in addition to Rollins.

But you think Rollins can do no wrong. Back to your shrine.
There it is. There's your terrible catchphrase to go along with your false assumptions.

·
Registered
937 Posts
There it is. There's your terrible catchphrase to go along with your false assumptions.
What false assumptions?

It was you who said that I completely blamed Rollins for the declining ratings. Which I don't. But to say he is blameless is nonsense.

It's clear that you just don't want Rollins to receive any criticism. You constantly infer that he's a draw, or would be a draw with better booking, without outright saying it.

So again, I shall ask you. If Rollins was booked how you think he should be, would he be a massive draw?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Special talents like Austin, Rock and Cena covered Vince's incompetence. He's no creative genius and would have been out of business if he didn't have those 3, he doesn't have them anymore and look at the state of the company.
I’ve been saying this forever. Some people keep wringing their hands wanting Vince to turn mediocre talent like Rollins and Reigns into gigantic stars. But that’s never going to happen and it never has. Vince needs genius to prop him up, not the other way around.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Another segment to blame the abysmal ratings on someone?

WWE did it with Big Daddy Corbs.

Now that the viewership plummeted even further, should they call out someone else again?

If so, who? Only people that come to mind for me are Seth, Becky, and Shane.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,298 Posts
Re: Another segment to blame the abysmal ratings on someone?

None of the Golden Boys can ever be blamed for tanked ratings. Stuff like that only exists to put kayfabe blame on people for doing "bad jobs" when all they are trying to do is make the maximum out of the minimum with the crummy material they are given, like the Baron Corbin, the Big Pimpin' Applebee's Manager, getting blamed for lousy ratings when he was the "Constable." Or they will do the worked shoot stuff like, "Shane is boring and takes too much television time" but they'll never have a wrestler say something like, "He's the big reason ratings are in the toilet and I'm looking at a tarp right now."

No Shield member will ever get overtly blamed for tanked ratings, and Brock "Imagine the numbers without him!" Lesnar will never get any heat on him, either. The push of the New Day stable post-WM has seen Smackdown numbers at all time lows, below 2 million for 10 of the last 12 weeks and close to 25 percent off of where they were last year. There's a better chance of you turning into a Booty's O's shitting pancake-unicorn than them getting called to the carpet for that, though.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts

It's all the Brooklyn Brawler's fault. When he left, ratings nose dived.

·
Banned
4,891 Posts

It's all the Brooklyn Brawler's fault. When he left, ratings nose dived.
This is what they get for not using the master and the ruler of the world at the Raw reunion

Now Vince is the one saying

when the ratings come in every week.

·
Blaze is Elite
2,874 Posts

Book a better show and get better ratings? I mean, the last couple shows have been better than others but they still gotta book better to get better? Cause the people you want to blame, they been on top before, and all this and ratings were no where near this bad and low. The show's just aren't what they use to be. So hell I didn't blame Corbin, I don't like him, but the ratings aren't a persons fault, it's how bad the show is.

·
Registered
733 Posts

Shit show in getting shit ratings shock....

Vince needs to stop BLAMING the wrestlers who only follow his (shit) scripts and start thinking about how to make Raw better

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,585 Posts

When you write bad shows, expect shit ratings and its not on talents either.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Okay then, let's keep this simple.

How big of a draw would Rollins be if he was booked perfectly?
Let's play this game another way. For the record, Rollins is in my top 10-15 favorites and I'd rather see a few others pushed more.

Rollins is one of the top 5 most over superstars in WWE today. He's also probably in the top 10 merch sellers. He's a great wrestler who can deliver in the ring.

Mic work? He's no Miz or Joe or Bray. Clearly. However, how many world champions were all great talkers in the past? Not as many as you'd believe, I can remind you that at a time you had Jack Swagger as world champion, ratings were better then.. does that mean if Swagger is back and as world champion he'd draw anything close to level before? not really.

Charisma wise? Seth doesn't ooze charisma, he's not Velveteen Dream or Becky or Prime Jericho or whatever. Yet, the definition of charisma is "Charisma is compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.". Seth has a large following, that is undeniable. To see people claim he's not charismatic is not being objective.

The thing here is basically this: Seth just beat Lesnar at Mania, in a cheap way, WWE doesn't really know how to follow up on that. I mean, Seth went from facing Lesnar and winning by not clean to feuding with Corbin. How is this supposed to excite fans? Feeling of something filler and not worth watching isn't really something to look forward. Then the terrible attempt at WWE to have him and Becky on stage together, total cringe.

My point being, is Seth the guy who will bring ratings back to another level? no.
But he's just as good of an option as any to try considering, as mentioned, he's top 5 most over and top 10 merch seller.

One thing I wana bring up and it really shows the biasesness and hatred of some people.
People here like to talk shit about the women's revolution ruining ratings to "an unforgettable level". Let me see, these same people also claim that WWE stopped giving a shit about the women after the Flair birthday/Batista show.

Once the Rumble happened you had 2 matches announced Seth/Lesnar and Ronda/Becky. One was the main event and the other was in the middle of the show, yet the crowd cared 1000x more for the women than the men's match, the entire online buzz and google searches and everything was on the women. With only 2 matches announced, the spent the next 2 WEEKS, literally 2 episodes of RAW focusing on building these matches, with no other match announced, nothing clear for Bryan at Mania, no big returning legend, nothing, just Becky and Ronda carrying the show because Brock doesn't show up and no other match announced.

it's that time when others matches became more clear and there were other matches finally announced, Kofimania, HHH/Batista, and Shane/Miz.
Ratings slightly improved (duh, you have more shit going on instead of one thing that they were milking for 3h) but yet the same drop was consistent with the y-o-y .. the women kept getting the blame, despite many here claiming that WWE has given up on the women, they weren't gona let them main event, and they aren't getting good segment, yet those people were WRONG, because the women's match was still the most important match on the card, despite the little effort and the entire mess they made of the match, and having their most over superstar selling a terrible injury and being suspended/arrested multiple times.
The past few months, with Ronda gone, the women were getting less time and the main stories were Corbin/Seth and Kofi squashing everyone on SD.
but yet still you have Becky the most over star on the roster. People here are still blaming the women despite them also claiming that WWE has reduced their time.. a bunch of hypocrites.

People that claim to KNOW what caused the ratings to go down are a bunch of hypocrites who's opinion mean shit, because the truth it, nobody really knows except the guys in the HQ. I THINK, the reason for the ratings to be down is Vince's obsession with Brock Lesnar, the way he squashed Cena out of WWE, the way he made him the FOTC despite failing and his insistence to build Reigns for him to be the one to beat him. Many claimed for years "if you don't like it stop watching", well you can't blame the fans for that. When Triple H calls the crowd marks, when Vince insisted on fighting the fans, example: Roman entering the Rumble at #30 in 2017 is one of the biggest fuck yous to the crowd I have ever seen.
I am not claiming to be certain this is cause, but I can say facts:
- WWE viewership started reaching all time low records in July last year, way before any real "women revolution".. that many hate and claim it's the reason for the downfall.

- The Saudi Show in November that happened and putting the belt on Brock AGAIN instead of Strowman, was a TERRIBLE decision, AND the ratings reflect that ;)

- The WWE is not mainstream anymore, most people are embarrassed to watch it after the age of 14. No matter how great the main event is sometimes, a lot of shit are just cringe and would make people get ridiculed for watching it.

I don't get it how you can all sit here and claim that pushing one of the most over stars on the roster to be a bad decision. You do realize this means he's very popular right? It means if you decide to burry he could take another 100K-300K fans away. So the answer you question, if Rollins alone had perfect booking? He'd draw a bit more, if he had more compelling challengers and better stories. But the booking of the show from top to bottom needs to change, the 3h RAW is TOO FUCKING MUCH.

I mean for years WWE pushed some POS champions the crowd hated, and now that they're finally doing the right thing and pushing popular FULL TIME roster people, you want to complain?

Yeah it would be great if we could get some better promo workers at the top, but how much is that gona make a difference if their presentation remains shit? now i ask you, who do you want at the top and how much would he draw if he had perfect booking?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah it would be great if we could get some better promo workers at the top, but how much is that gona make a difference if their presentation remains shit? now i ask you, who do you want at the top and how much would he draw if he had perfect booking?
Braun and Joe would be better options. Joe is better than Rollins at literally everything and Braun is more marketable. Sadly, WWE have jobbed Joe out and stalled on Braun's push. Braun even sold more merchandise in Q1 of this year, despite not being pushed as much as Rollins. Both would have retained viewers better than Rollins. Note I didn't say that they would solve all of WWE's issues or ushered in another boom period.

Rollins being demoted would have zero influence on viewership. He's popular with fans who will watch anyway. They will just support other performers, such as Balor, Zayn, etc. Rollins is not Cena, heck he isn't even Reigns who continues to be the biggest merchandise seller despite his diminished profile.

The biggest year on year drops have occurred in Q1 and Q2 of this year. Sometimes by up to 30%. The Rollins vs Styles programme bombed in the ratings. That is why you can't always judge what will draw based on reactions from the live crowd, as those two are usually over with the live audience. These record year on year declines have somewhat stopped since they brought Brock back, but the numbers are still poor. I've never argued that Brock is a draw in 2019. Just that he's a better candidate to retain viewers than Rollins.

341 - 360 of 3172 Posts