Wrestling Forum banner

301 - 320 of 2946 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,266 Posts
There are only three certainties in life: Death, taxes, and Mr. Hour 3 working his "magic". :Cocky
Right, but the person who made his special "ratings popping" appearance and delivered a beatdown can never get any heat on him, or the "Samoan Summit."
Why not say Brock is a sorcerer and Roman is a wizard if you want to say Seth is a magician? Brock and the Shield is a flop, a dead angle. Abort this shit already.
Edit:Standard Brock Apologist Line is "But the numbers would have been lower without him!"

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
WWE just sucks at cliffhangers nowadays, last week ended with the legends in the ring and a good Stone Cold promo, but people knew they weren't going to be around next week and left.

·
10,266 Posts
RAW July 29th, 2019;
Hour One - 2.407m
Hour Two - 2.324m
Hour Three - 2.233m
Overall Average - 2.321m (18-49 demo - 0.74)

RAW July 30th, 2018;
Hour One - 2.875m
Hour Two - 3.012m
Hour Three - 2.815m
Overall Average - 2.901m (18-49 demo - 0.99)

Viewership down 20.0% year over year. 18-49 demo down 25.3% year over year.

The "Heyman is back rub" is fading, the Brock as champ rub is fading, the Reunion show is a one shot payoff immediately in a popped number but nobody stays around for the following week, 20 percent year over year drop, 18-49 demo in the toilet.

"The number is down from the three weeks prior to the Raw Reunion and is the lowest average viewership since the June 24 episode."

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
And no shocker, the ratings back in the shithole after they brought back everyone and their mom last week with no reason to keep the viewers engaged the week after

:cornette

:maury

I still find it funny that they knew last week that the RAW Reunion show would get a ratings boost yet they did absolutely nothing on the show to keep viewers watching.
The only way for WWE to keep the viewers would have been to to put Stone Cold once again on the show.

That's the big problem for WWE, the fans prefer to watch retired wrestlers than the actual wrestlers.
They're no longer making larger than life stars.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'm telling you guys WWE is just dead there is no point to any of this unless they completely revamp the product. They've ruined everything. Brock, AJ and Alexa can't carry the show.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
The booking sucks, but the talent is fucking atrocious. It can't be ignored anymore, these guys are just so fucking bad. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns are awful faces of the company, the worst ever in the history of the company. Becky Lynch and Kofi Kingston are fine in the middle of the card, but as top performers they're bad. The midcard is filled with geeks, Ricochet, Viking Raiders, Sami Zayn, Finn Balor, The Revival, Drew McIntyre, etc, these guys just don't have it, they're mediocre performers. No one can work, no one can talk, barely anyone has charisma, no star power, no it factor, nothing. Just a mix of midget spot monkeys, big stiffs with no personality, and boring charisma vacuums. The few guys that don't suck, like Samoa Joe aren't pushed, and the few guys with upside, like EC3, can't even get on TV. The only think that has made Raw halfway watchable has been R Truth and to a lesser extent, Drake Maverick and his hot wife.

The booking takes a beating on here, and it should, but half the reason the show is so boring is because the talent is fucking shit. There is a reason why 20 years ago guys like Kaz Hayashi, Bull Buchanan, Jerry Lynn, etc, didn't have the show built around them. Poor mans versions of those kinds of guys are now the majority of the upper midcard and main event.

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Some of you guys hit the nail with the hammer... they need more people with more charisma, better promo skills.

Rock, Austin, Flair...all could fucking talk.

The problem is while they have guys that can flip and do some pretty good in-ring work they don't tell much stories to care....they lack a lot with in ring psychology ....Plus they don't sell injuries well and worst of all they don't engage The viewer enough since they can't get over on the mic. Ie..Seth, Kofi, Riocchet..all horrible on the mic.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I tuned it out within a few minutes last night after that mockery of an opening narration playing up the new prominent flagship championship of RAW...the 24/7 belt. If that was what was in store for us, if that was WWE’s attempt at sophosticatiOn, I’m out. And I know I wasn’t alone...I spoke to a coworker - very smart guy whose a big wrestling fan in general - and he said the same thing.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,967 Posts
The talent isn't "fucking atrocious" :lmao

It only seems that way because the booking of the shows in general is fucking AWFUL.

The current talents are fine. They're the least of the WWE's problems.

·
10,266 Posts

It only seems that way because the booking of the shows in general is fucking AWFUL.

Any promotion in the United States would kill at a chance to take the top 40 or 50 men on RAW and Smackdown and run a 2 hour show with it. The talent is fine, its everything else that is fucked.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
They are literally unopposed by anything. No NFL, no NBA, nothing, and this is the best they can do. Once the NFL and NBA come back and once AEW provides an alternative, WWEs ratings are going to go in the absolute shitter. They're gonna get buried come this fall.
That’s what people here say every year, and it hasn’t made a real difference in years..... Normal people that watch sports don’t watch wrestling anymore.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

The talent is garbage. Just about none of these guys can work or talk, most of them look like shit, most of them are boring as fuck. The few that are talented, the company doesn't get behind. This is the worst era of professional wrestling ever, at least in North America.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
That’s what people here say every year, and it hasn’t made a real difference in years..... Normal people that watch sports don’t watch wrestling anymore.
Every year the NFL comes around, the ratings dip, and those people don't come back. On top of that, they're going to have a direct competitor in AEW. Now AEW has it's issues, the undercard is pretty awful and they've already made some questionable decisions, but their top of the card, specifically Moxley and Jericho, are a lot better than the WWEs, they're going to be TV14, they're going to have wins and losses matter, and the promos will be unscripted, and AEWs 2 hours of TV a week is a lot less of an investment to ask than WWEs 5 hours of programming a week, all of those things will make their product a lot more watchable than the WWE. The WWE is going to likely have a huge chunk of their market share taken away this fall.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
AEW will likely have some stumbling to do. I think we've all seen some weird camera work or awkwardness on even their best shows, and they're going to have to prove that they can do long term storytelling that isn't too self indulgent (like every single storyline being about Elite infighting or doubling down on Hangman Page if he proves to need more time to develop). Still, they've done two really great shows that show the potential is there for something good.

Even Nitro had some stumbling, with the Dungeon of Doom storyline dominating lot of the early Nitros until The Giant beat Flair and the nWo stuff kicked off.

I doubt they'll be real competition till about a year in when they have a big payoff of some kind. Leaning on Moxley, Jericho, and Omega is going to be key to all of this.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Vince has NEVER been good creatively. Ever. He’s no worse now than he was 20 years ago or 30 years ago. The difference is in the 80s and 90s he lucked into or flat out bought can’t miss talent. He hasn’t lucked into that kind of talent in over 20 years. The talent he does get like Brock requires good booking and storytelling to get and keep over. Something he’s not capable of.

The dying nature of this product is purely based on the fact that the talent being pushed like Seth, Roman, Becky, and Kofi can’t rescue Vince. In fact, the opposite is true. They would need a creative genius to draw money. It’s a catch 22.

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
Vince has NEVER been good creatively. Ever. He’s no worse now than he was 20 years ago or 30 years ago. The difference is in the 80s and 90s he lucked into or flat out bought can’t miss talent. He hasn’t lucked into that kind of talent in over 20 years. The talent he does get like Brock requires good booking and storytelling to get and keep over. Something he’s not capable of.

The dying nature of this product is purely based on the fact that the talent being pushed like Seth, Roman, Becky, and Kofi can’t rescue Vince. In fact, the opposite is true. They would need a creative genius to draw money. It’s a catch 22.
Another thing that saddens me as a fan is that if the philosophy is to put the brand over the Stars which I understand why then you can realise why they're afraid of crate too many mega Stars

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Another thing that saddens me as a fan is that if the philosophy is to put the brand over the Stars which I understand why then you can realise why they're afraid of crate too many mega Stars
I don’t fully buy that they want to put the brand over the stars. I mean I understand why you say that because it’s true in 9 out of 10 instances and that’s certainly true when it comes to the Punks & Bryans of the world. But the truth is Vince wants his hand picked stars to become huge. He went as all-in on Cena & Reigns as you possibly can. Cena was successful in some ways and a failure in others. And Reigns was just a dismal failure. But Vince was hoping those guys would reach Hogan / Austin level.

·
Registered
17,305 Posts
I don’t fully buy that they want to put the brand over the stars. I mean I understand why you say that because it’s true in 9 out of 10 instances and that’s certainly true when it comes to the Punks & Bryans of the world. But the truth is Vince wants his hand picked stars to become huge. He went as all-in on Cena & Reigns as you possibly can. Cena was successful in some ways and a failure in others. And Reigns was just a dismal failure. But Vince was hoping those guys would reach Hogan / Austin level.
I remember reading that one of Vinces major worries was to ever have his made stars leave, this was during the dying WCW days. Then he became more comfortable but with AEW possibly on the horizon he may be a little cautious to make the past mistakes. But I can understand what u mean in that yes it be great to have some major stars again

·
Registered
937 Posts

Wrong. It's more nuanced than that.

It is the booking team's fault that Rollins is given terrible material. It's not the booking squad's fault that Rollins is a terrible actor and has a terrible voice.

Both are to blame. Stop being a fanboy.

301 - 320 of 2946 Posts