Wrestling Forum banner

281 - 300 of 2981 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,036 Posts
Not going to give me an average rating? Then how can you justify if the show is doing well or not? Isn't that the whole point of this/these threads. People come in here to bash and to laugh at the ratings and use those ratings to say WWE sucks and Vince sucks, and the writers suck, etc...

I'll tell you why you won't. Imo, if they ever hit that mark in the ratings, then people wouldn't have anything to complain about and these threads wouldn't exist. The show this Monday did a 3 share basically. Again said it a thousand times , no matter how good the product is, pulling numbers like the RAW/Nitro wars is a very slim chance to ever be seen again. TV is just not built like that anymore. People also forget, that back then, Internet and gossip rags were not even relevant. Nobody knew anything. You tuned in each week, and watched the stories unfold. Now, if for example, a wrestler gets fired or gets called up from NXT, or all that behind the scene stuff. Audiences know about it. There's zero surprise. It's like we have the script each week.

Current example. Everyone and their mother is hearing about Charlotte vs Trish at SS. (nothing confirmed of course) Years ago, you would never hear any of that. You heard it when it was officially announced TV. It was "must see TV" Don't watch, you missed out. Now, if you don't watch, come to this forum(and others), go to the WWE youtube pages, fire up twitter/instagram of any WWE wrestler, and tons of other avenues.

I can justify if the show is doing well or not by keeping up with it on a weekly basis. (I don't watch by the way - those days are long gone - but I'm still a fan and I follow the product.) All I know is they can be doing a hell of a lot better than they're doing now. If Vince McMahon wasn't micromanaging everything, if superstars were given more creative freedom, if there was long-term planning and shows weren't being rewritten 3 hours before they go on the air, if a midcard act wasn't more over than the world champion, etc etc.

LOL, dude you think I'm on here to complain? I would love to say the show was great this week and point out the things I enjoyed - as a matter of fact, I thought last week's Smackdown was one of the best shows in a while. But I'll call it how I see it and if something doesn't do it for me I'll say so.

I agree more surprises would be beneficial, but I don't agree that everything is spoiled because of social media, other streams etc because it's up to you as a fan if you seek out those results elsewhere, if you choose to go online and read about what's happening, what's rumoured to be happening etc.

And by the way, not once did I mention that I think if they did things better ratings would go up to how they used to be. Those days are long gone. But I do think ratings could improve at least slightly, and over a consistent basis, from what they are now.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I think the presentation, booking, Rollins' push, etc have slowed killed off all hope for some. It's going to take someone mega to turn things around. It's a cold product.

The legends naturally lose their appeal with each passing year as they become less relevant. I mean even the Attitude era is over 20 years old now. Especially since all of them have been used to death at this point. Of course, as we all know deep down, Austin, Rock, Flair, etc are superior to Rollins, Kingston, Bryan, etc. Hence the decent ratings hike the legends provided last week.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,991 Posts
I think the presentation, booking, Rollins' push, etc have slowed killed off all hope for some. It's going to take someone mega to turn things around. It's a cold product.

The legends naturally lose their appeal with each passing year as they become less relevant. I mean even the Attitude era is over 20 years old now. Especially since all of them have been used to death at this point. Of course, as we all know deep down, Austin, Rock, Flair, etc are superior to Rollins, Kingston, Bryan, etc. Hence the decent ratings hike the legends provided last week.
Neither of those names are the reasons why the ratings continue to decrease :lmao :lmao

For the record, those legends aren't going to save the ratings for the long-term if they appear EVERY week. Eventually, more people won't want to tune in if the shows continue to suck IN SPITE of who's getting featured.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwe/raw-rating-for-07-29-2019/

As fully expected, Raw didn’t come even close to last week’s Raw Reunion number and not only that, it was the worst number in over a month with an average of 2,321,000 viewers, down 772,000 viewers from the Raw Reunion show and down 132,000 viewers from the prior week’s broadcast.

The show started with 2,407,000 viewers, then went down to 2,324,000 viewers for the second hour before finishing the night with 2,233,000 viewers.

Raw was #2, #3, and #4 in the top 50 cable chart among the 18-49 demographic and #5 in overall viewership for the night on cable. (Ratings credit: Showbuzzdaily.com)
Worst rating in a month. :deandre

Hourly Breakdown

Hour 1: 2.407 million viewers, 0.73 rating in 18-49 demographic

Hour 2: 2.324 million viewers, 0.75 rating in 18-49 demographic

Hour 3: 2.233 million viewers, 0.75 rating in 18-49 demographic

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Who are these 700K viewers who just turn out for the nostalgia trip that keeps getting sadder and sadder and the oldies keep getting older and older.

This has to be folks who watch later in the week or by other means who decided to tune in live right? Not lay fans who turned in for one special week and then ghosted again?

Also WWE did the reunion show in the middle of July because it was the last Raw before the Q2 reports and they used the ratings spike to fluff up numbers and averages. They made claim that Raw viewership was trending up in July based solely on the reunion spike.

When will they realize they need to drop the third hour, which would allow them to cut out a lot of the filler and run a much tighter 2 hour show? 3 hours scared people off from even bothering watching - even if it was a decent show.

·
Super Moderator
25,840 Posts
Who are these 700K viewers who just turn out for the nostalgia trip that keeps getting sadder and sadder and the oldies keep getting older and older.

This has to be folks who watch later in the week or by other means who decided to tune in live right? Not lay fans who turned in for one special week and then ghosted again?

Also WWE did the reunion show in the middle of July because it was the last Raw before the Q2 reports and they used the ratings spike to fluff up numbers and averages. They made claim that Raw viewership was trending up in July based solely on the reunion spike.
Very good point, so we'll probably get a reunion special in mid-October too lol.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
They are literally unopposed by anything. No NFL, no NBA, nothing, and this is the best they can do. Once the NFL and NBA come back and once AEW provides an alternative, WWEs ratings are going to go in the absolute shitter. They're gonna get buried come this fall.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The wrestling smarks maybe, but Rock is a bonafide movie star though, which will still draw the casuals who necessarily don't care about eras.
Yeah agreed.....Rock on Instagram putting up old videos of Eddie and Booker T got a combined like 20 million views. :lmao

....Rock's definitely drawing people to Monday Night Raw or Smackdown if he's advertised to show up.

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
seth will never be cool!
995 Posts
This is an excerpt from Wrestling Inc:

For this week's show, the first hour drew 2.407 million viewers (last week's hour 1 - 3.019 million), the second hour drew 2.324 million viewers (last week's hour 2 - 3.178 million) and the final hour drew 2.233 million viewers (last week's hour 3 - 3.083 million).
So the first hour was "only" 612,000 viewers down week to week. Hour 2 was down a whopping 854,000 and Hour 3 was down 850,000. The whole show's average was down 772,00 viewers which was a 25% drop. Conclusion: The Raw Reunion show did little to build anticipation for this week as the numbers clearly show. WWE completely failed to capitalize on the increased viewership from last week.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I still find it funny that they knew last week that the RAW Reunion show would get a ratings boost yet they did absolutely nothing on the show to keep viewers watching.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
I still find it funny that they knew last week that the RAW Reunion show would get a ratings boost yet they did absolutely nothing on the show to keep viewers watching.
The only way for WWE to keep the viewers would have been to to put Stone Cold once again on the show.

That's the big problem for WWE, the fans prefer to watch retired wrestlers than the actual wrestlers.

281 - 300 of 2981 Posts