Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 2948 Posts

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
52,341 Posts
Here's the chart. They did win the night and topped the two key demo's and viewers, to be fair, but considering all of the draws on the show..:

·
Banned
4,891 Posts
Here's the chart. They did win the night and topped the two key demo's and viewers, to be fair, but considering all of the draws on the show..:

There's really nothing on TV anymore is there? That list just shows being the most watched program means nothing now. Yikes.

·
Banned
13,336 Posts
Wonder how this will be addressed on the call Thursday :heston
They won't.

They'll use their youtube numbers to spin this quarter as a success. "Our youtube videos have reached almost 9 million in views, showing us how successful our new championship has been."

They'll also use some of the magazines that their stars have been on - like Becky Lynch or whoever.

I would be very surprised if they addressed the ratings again. This was the last show where they would've used the numbers to spin as successful. It's been anything but that :lmao

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I’m actually surprised they did over 3MM. Most of the people that have left in the last year didn’t do so temporarily. They were simply done. Just because their ceiling 1.5 years ago was 4.5 million is meaningless. They’ve just gone through the worst 1 year stretch of their history, especially the last 6 months. I think it’s no surprise at all that 1.5 million have left for good.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
This is okay but shows how much viewer interest has waned since RAW 25. I think that that show drew 4.8 in the first hour, maybe 4.6 in the second and over 4 in he third. If wwe goes this route again, the returns will be diminished even more.

The bigger problem for wwe is that they wasted this opportunity. Their biggest audience in a while and they did little to generate interest for next week's raw. Gonna love that % drop next week. :banderas
To be fair raw25 was advertised for a couple of months at least, this was a last minute thing in comparison.

I choose to catch up on the G1 last night, was not disappointed.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,971 Posts
Wow, I genuinely believe that this will be the last time we'll ever see Raw get over 3 million viewers in a LONG time :damn

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
So because I didn't really see a solution in your post or another reason besides the standard response "product sucks".

What exactly would be a good number ratings wise in today's world. If the show was top notch, product is excellent. Doesn't suck. Give me the average rating the show would have to pull in on a weekly basis, that you would personal say. Hey, WWE is running on full steam right now. Excellent product. Go.
The total viewers doesn't really matter to them or the network. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand how ratings work. I think fox and USA will be fine if they get back to the rating they were averageing when the contracts were negotiated, around 1.0 or higher. At the end of the day wwe is still a good value to them with the costs per hour relative to the ratings they get compared to other scripted shows.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just knew 4 million was being too optimistic. And to think this is the highest numbers they can reach, things will get ugly moving forward! Other than The Rock, they don't even have any other quick fix either lol.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I just knew 4 million was being too optimistic. And to think this is the highest numbers they can reach, things will get ugly moving forward! Other than The Rock, they don't even have any other quick fix either lol.
I think Austin is a bigger draw than the Rock at this point unless Rock comes back for an actual feud which I think is a real long shot. People know they will get safe, not controversial Rock. With Austin, he’s still watered down but not as much as Rock.

·
it's a tarp!
5,256 Posts
Vince announces their results on Thursday, so I believe WWE just squeaked this monster episode in just before the wire, so he could talk about hope, and not despair.

241 - 260 of 2948 Posts