Wrestling Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2942 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It is interesting nobody keeps watching the following weeks after the nostalgia acts come and go.

Christian pops a rating, then the same viewers he brought tune right back out the following weeks.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
I hope that these ratings with Bruce being in charge convince Vince and the USA Network that it's worth getting rid of that third hour. It's worth the short-term financial loss in order for longer term gains.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I think the only thing people remotely care about is Edge and even that is only temporary. Nobody cares about Drew, Seth, the women, Owens, etcetera. Even Orton I think people could care less about in and of himself.

·
Baby Yoda
29,816 Posts
I think the only thing people remotely care about is Edge and even that is only temporary. Nobody cares about Drew, Seth, the women, Owens, etcetera. Even Orton I think people could care less about in and of himself.
Wrong.

Orton is the star of that feud and the one that is drawing, Edge didn't do shit for the ratings.

Orton going back to the legend killer and punting people again is what drew. You can look back at the numbers and see for yourself.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Wrong.

Orton is the star of that feud and the one that is drawing, Edge didn't do shit for the ratings.

Orton going back to the legend killer and punting people again is what drew. You can look back at the numbers and see for yourself.
I have gone back and that’s the conclusion I’ve come to. Unless Edge is there or an extension of Edge such as Christian or Beth I’m not seeing Randy’s numbers do much. For instance when it’s Show that is standing in for Edge the numbers with Randy aren’t good because people don’t buy Show as an actual extension of the Edge storyline.

·
Premium Member
10,984 Posts
It's honestly pathetic how WWE thinks they can just give people like Ziggler a random title match with no build-up. I hate this. I hate how godamn stupid and lazy they get.
Between Sasha/Asuka/Drew he was standing out like a sore thumb, why is he in a title match?

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I hope that these ratings with Bruce being in charge convince Vince and the USA Network that it's worth getting rid of that third hour. It's worth the short-term financial loss in order for longer term gains.
The third hour definitely hurts, but even with two hours, their creative problems are more fundamental to the reasons why they're losing an audience. It's a direct result of a bad TV show with no primary protagonist people really care about.

I think it is Seth that is keeping the numbers above 1.8 million.

Orton is also helping.

The rest need to up their games.
Yeah, they do have those two keeping it afloat. They definitely need people who can do more than that. A lot of their writing just feels too low effort, even by WWE standards.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
The third hour definitely hurts, but even with two hours, their creative problems are more fundamental to the reasons why they're losing an audience. It's a direct result of a bad TV show with no primary protagonist people really care about.

Yeah, they do have those two keeping it afloat. They definitely need people who can do more than that. A lot of their writing just feels too low effort, even by WWE standards.
You’re right but they need the money. WWF and WCW were best when they only had one 2-hour prime time show each week. WWE is doing 3 shows and 7 hours a week. Cutting Raw by an hour would help the quality but they’re still overexposed. They would need to scrap 5 hours in total and that’s definitely not happening.

·
Registered
206 Posts
1,687 for Raw this week
Found this for the hourly breakdown:

Hour one started with 1,752,000 viewers, then went down to 1,697,000 viewers, before closing the third hour with 1,612,000 viewers.
Raw was #4, #5, and #6 in the top 50 cable chart among the 18-49 demographics and was beaten by two episodes of 90 Day Fiancee and Below Deck Med. It placed #21 in overall viewership for the night on cable.

Second least watched RAW ever.

Oof.

·
Registered
7,582 Posts
Found this for the hourly breakdown:

Hour one started with 1,752,000 viewers, then went down to 1,697,000 viewers, before closing the third hour with 1,612,000 viewers.
Raw was #4, #5, and #6 in the top 50 cable chart among the 18-49 demographics and was beaten by two episodes of 90 Day Fiancee and Below Deck Med. It placed #21 in overall viewership for the night on cable.

Second least watched RAW ever.

Oof.
Hour 1 was 1.697 and hour 2 was 1.752.

·
Banned
335 Posts
these ratings prove Sasha Banks and Bayley don't draw shit and Vince needs to quit over exposing these 2 before they tank the ratings below one million.
Yes.

Back in January they were doing better numbers when the show was built around Seth. They should go back to that.

2301 - 2320 of 2942 Posts