Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 2963 Posts

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Re: So why isn't Bray "RATINGZ" Wyatt the Universal Champion?

Of everyone on the roster you wanna go with Bray Wyatt?! Bray Wyatt who was given a chance as WWE champion and was exposed for being worse than most ppl thought? That Bray Wyatt?! The guy is horrendous, and his mic "skills" are absolute trash. I have a long ass list to go with before Bray

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

He literally JUST showed up is this thread serious
We've had stars return after months and win the title immediately. Why the hell is this any different? He's the hottest character on the show right now. The hottest character should be the world champion.

In fact, in current WWE it's better to strike immediately when a character has momentum. The longer he's on the roster, the colder Vinces bad booking is going to make him. You've got to establish him as a headliner before Vince has the chance to bring him down, not after.

Believe me, the ratings aren't going to drop any more than they otherwise would (in fact, they'll probably go up because it's something different) if you put the title on a fresh character who just came back. It will be fine. Especially with what the alternatives are. Hell, they put the title on Balor within one month of him joining the roster and there wasn't a crash, and he isn't even close to being as good or as popular as Bray Wyatt.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts

We've had stars return after months and win the title immediately. Why the hell is this any different? He's the hottest character on the show right now. The hottest character should be the world champion.

In fact, in current WWE it's better to strike immediately when a character has momentum. The longer he's on the roster, the colder Vinces bad booking is going to make him. You've got to establish him as a headliner before Vince has the chance to bring him down, not after.
I agree and wish he was immediately put into a title feud, but I think the hate the Balor feud is getting is a bit much. He is going to beat Balor as the demon. I don't care what anyone on here believes, but it is a BIG rub. I'd argue beating Finn as the demon is the one of the biggest kayfabe accomplishments you can have besides being a world champion or beating Bork. He is going to be in the title mix post Summerslam, watch.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

I agree and wish he was immediately put into a title feud, but I think the hate the Balor feud is getting is a bit much. He is going to beat Balor as the demon. I don't care what anyone on here believes, but it is a BIG rub. I'd argue beating Finn as the demon is the one of the biggest kayfabe accomplishments you can have besides being a world champion or beating Bork. He is going to be in the title mix post Summerslam, watch.
From what I've heard, Balor is not scheduled to be the Demon, he's scheduled to be just.....Balor. And no, beating Balor is not a big rub, Demon or otherwise. He needed to beat a star when he came back. You've entrenched him firmly in the midcard with this feud. Nobody cares about him beating a guy who loses all the time just because he wins the 1 time a year he wears some goofy paint. Not to mention the Demon has already lost in NXT, and yes, NXT and other shows do count towards your record besides Raw and SmackDown, as evidenced by their refusal to let Asuka lose anywhere but WrestleMania prior to breaking her streak.

And even if he's "in the title mix" post SummerSlam, it's not enough to be a contender. NOBODY is beating Brock Lesnar right now. Or Seth Rollins for that matter.....except Brock Lesnar. Being a contender will doom him, you need to put him above those guys.

He can't start losing. He just can't. His character has always needed to be dominant to work. Once you start having him lose, then we're right back where we were before with him. This is a fresh start, he needs to win every match he's in for at least a year before putting over a new guy.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts

From what I've heard, Balor is not scheduled to be the Demon, he's scheduled to be just.....Balor. And no, beating Balor is not a big rub, Demon or otherwise. He needed to beat a star when he came back. You've entrenched him firmly in the midcard with this feud. Nobody cares about him beating a guy who loses all the time just because he wins the 1 time a year he wears some goofy paint. Not to mention the Demon has already lost in NXT, and yes, NXT and other shows do count towards your record besides Raw and SmackDown, as evidenced by their refusal to let Asuka lose anywhere but WrestleMania prior to breaking her streak.

And even if he's "in the title mix" post SummerSlam, it's not enough to be a contender. NOBODY is beating Brock Lesnar right now. Or Seth Rollins for that matter.....except Brock Lesnar. Being a contender will doom him, you need to put him above those guys.

He can't start losing. He just can't. His character has always needed to be dominant to work. Once you start having him lose, then we're right back where we were before with him. This is a fresh start, he needs to win every match he's in for at least a year before putting over a new guy.
I wasn't happy with Finn being the first person to feud with, but gotta roll with it now. Since he started doing the funhouse skits I said literally the exact same thing you are now. He CAN NOT LOSE. He shouldn't even have competitive matches. If Finn really isn't coming out as the Demon then this is a HUGE missed opportunity to put Bray over. He better destroy normal Balor. He can't get 50/50 booking or the 'aura' behind the Fiend dies. If I was booking I would have him take out the entire roster and eventually take the belt off Brock. But I'm not and as you said, nobody is beating Bork. Curious to see how they book his match at SS. HE CAN'T SELL FOR FINN.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
In my opinion it’s not Seth or Brock’s fault or Becky’s fault or kofi’s fault, the product from top to bottom is just trash. In 1995 Bret and hbk were some of the lowest drawing champions in history yet this are 2 of the top 10 greatest in ring performers of all time. The product was trash then before the attitude era boom.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts

From the tone of your post, I assume you really think that it's AE Era's WWE vs WCW all over again but this time WWE is gonna die like WCW, yes?

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Tapatalk
I certainly hope so but nah, won't happen unfortunately, WWE will continue making record profits for the duration of their current tv deals then, when the ratings have dropped to below 1 million, limp on, moving to increasingly obscure channels (like TNA), slowly dragging the rest of the industry down with them.

·
Queen of all Galaxies
3,733 Posts

Bray vs. Drake vs. Truth for the Universal Championship at WrestleMania :cool2

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
In my opinion it’s not Seth or Brock’s fault or Becky’s fault or kofi’s fault, the product from top to bottom is just trash. In 1995 Bret and hbk were some of the lowest drawing champions in history yet this are 2 of the top 10 greatest in ring performers of all time. The product was trash then before the attitude era boom.
I think you hit the nail on the head without even realizing it. Bret and Shawn didn’t draw because they weren’t great promos and weren’t physically intimidating guys. Their strength was in-ring and that didn’t draw. Seth and Kofi are a poor man’s version of those guys.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,468 Posts

So stupid this man should be getting Undertaker booking not Kane.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts

Because despite his talent, he's a guy who has zero continuation and no room for continuation. Psychological horror doesn't fly well in an environment where people pretend to forget what happened every 2 weeks.

Reactions: Shaun_27

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wyatt in his current gimmick may be popping the ratings slightly but I suspect it’s only because it’s something new or different. However, something new or different doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good.

Maybe I’m wrong here and I’m sure anyone who was there live will tell me their side, but based on a video recording from the crowd that I saw on YouTube, Wyatt’s reaction was very lacklustre especially considering they’d be building up his return for so many weeks.

I expect him in this “Fiend” gimmick to fail spectacularly when he restarts his feud with Balor. It’s just going to be the same old boring empty threats Wyatt doing corny spooky shit but this time with a stupid Halloween mask on.

Boring!

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
Re: Jinder was a more profitable champion than Rollins

it could be because, and this is just a thought, he was feuding with RANDY ORTON and not BARON CORBIN.

correlation =/= causation

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

Ok, so more people came to house shows that Jinder was on than Rollins. First of all, it's not even that many fans difference. Secondly, it takes into account no other factors, like anyone else on the card, and only looks at the champion, but thirdly, and more importantly, when did WWE REALLY start having these problems with ratings and attendance and it became an issue that people started to talk about every week? Oh, right, when JINDER became the world champion.

Of course it's lower for Seth, because once you start the snowball rolling, it builds and builds and builds and goes further down the hill. You start giving people a shitty product, the effect starts, and if you don't fix it, it gets worse, even if you have a more capable champion. How about we compare Jinder to Seth Rollins when Seth was WWE champion, not Universal champion? :smile2:

·
Registered
662 Posts

I came to love Jinder as WWE champ, it seemed wonky at first but you could see him get more confident and more comfortable in his role every single week.

Reactions: egnuldt

·
Registered
16,460 Posts

But yet 2015 Rollins champion was more profitable than Jinder, so yea...

Think the line we gotta realise here in that the ratings are ever sinking, whoever the next champion is will have lower ratings than and profits than Rollins and so on and so forth.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

had no issue with jinder being champ tbh. The big issue was wwe not building him at all, he just went from a jobber who lost every week to a guy who could defend a title for months. It made no logical sense at all.

Reactions: Leon Knuckles
181 - 200 of 2963 Posts