Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Tonight, what we just witness is that Corbin finally won the big one. He finally is the new king of the jungle, king of the pack. Most importantly, Baron Corbin is the new King Of The Ring. What a good match that was between him and Chad Gable. They both have some chemistry in the ring together. It was a tough fight but at the end. It was the end of days that put the exclamation mark for the win. Baron Corbin is the King of the Ring 2019. The only thing I didn't like was that they didn't show him putting on the cape, have the sector and the crown on. Otherwise, I am very happy for King Corbin!!!​

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Tonight, what we just witness is that Corbin finally won the big one.
Ummm, no. The big one has exclusively been named for the world championship.

Anyway, the most predictable result of all time. Everybody knew it going in to this tournament, not a soul picked anyone else. WWE is about full scale trolling, it's never about trying to make stars, it's never about giving the fans a good show, it's only about heat. If Corbin fans are happy over this trinket, then congratulations I guess. Just remember that it is a trinket at the end of the day and not "the big one".

·
Registered
394 Posts
Very happy about him. Finally someone deserving and who doesn’t look like a cirque de solei flip monkey!

Guy deserves it and I hope it leads to a future world title shot , preferably vs Wyatt.

·
Angry at refs
3,277 Posts
Everyone saw it coming from a mile away, and there were far better choices to go with than the mediocrity that is Corbin.

That being said, this tournament has really made Gable. Dude went from a few cheers here and there from the 'casual' live audience to babyface cheers and chanting his name every match.
He's the real standout by a mile.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Why the fuck in fucking 2019 are we allowing Vince to STILL use the fucking Burger King cape and crown and cartoon scepter?

I mean does nobody remember Wade Barrett? Winning The King of The Ring Tournament should get you a badass title and a guaranteed title shot at one of the major four PPV's. The honor of winning a tournament should not make you look like a literal sight gag. Why would Corbin, a tall mean looking former boxer be HAPPY to win this thing? He gets no title shot. He gets to look like a fucking medieval times employee. He's not "the King" of any ring. He's King of the B listers. Seth, Braun, Bray, Brock, Roman. None of the canon top guys were even in this thing were they???

It's SO stupid.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,438 Posts
Why the fuck in fucking 2019 are we allowing Vince to STILL use the fucking Burger King cape and crown and cartoon scepter?

I mean does nobody remember Wade Barrett? Winning The King of The Ring Tournament should get you a badass title and a guaranteed title shot at one of the major four PPV's. The honor of winning a tournament should not make you look like a literal sight gag. Why would Corbin, a tall mean looking former boxer be HAPPY to win this thing? He gets no title shot. He gets to look like a fucking medieval times employee. He's not "the King" of any ring. He's King of the B listers. Seth, Braun, Bray, Brock, Roman. None of the canon top guys were even in this thing were they???

It's SO stupid.
Relax and let him actually work the gimmick.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,438 Posts
So he can hang himself with it? Nobody can work this gimmick. Booker looks like an idiot.
They specifically brought back KOTR for him. Let him run with it. He made the GM role work too when no one thought he could. Hes good. Lets see what happens.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts